What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Calvin Johnson Injury Update (1 Viewer)

Just swapped him in as my flex for Moreno. Like many others here, I'm far enough behind in the standings that I need homeruns... not base hits.

Hoping he'll blow up against a depleted Packers Def. Go Lions!

What the hell, I'm all in over Beanie. It's Thanksgiving (well not in Canada.. but if there's a slice of turkey going around today, I want one).

The real question is, do you start Calvin now?
He starts for me always. He's torn the Packers up in previous meetings and he's simply far too talented to sit on my bench. It could blow up in my face but he's an elite player and I always start my elite players.
i agree with this. i have s. smith (nyg) on my bench. the safe play would be to start him. the homerun play would be to start CJ. if you need the homerun because or your matchups with other players, then you start CJ.
Good logic. I need the homer so I put him in.

F it, I'm putting in Calvin for Miles Austin... Calvin AVERAGED over 100 yds and 2 TDs last year against the Packers in 2 games

I am sitting him in my 10 team (non TE required) keeper league...But I have Snelling, Ray Rice, Forsett, Andre Johnson, Randy Moss, Sidney Rice and Dallas Clark (along with Calvin) to fill my 5 starting RB/WR positions, so I am really not forced to start him...
Thanks for the update!

putting him in over msw, screw it, need someone to watch today!
Just pulled the trigger as well and put Sims Walker back on the bench for Megatron. apparently MSW also has a teaked knee but even though hhe has 3 more days to recover... I just hope they dont fall back to earth with a big flop after last sunday's heroics

220 User(s) are reading this topic (120 Guests and 2 Anonymous Users)Starting Megatron and Driver over Cotchery and Harvin!Here's to a a shootout in Detroit! :yes:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I think it's difficult to get on CJ's case for being soft. Dude looks like he's built like a Ferrari. Designed for speed but in need of constant tuning or you soon run into performance issues. I mean look at the dude's legs. He's built like a spider.

I think it's difficult to get on CJ's case for being soft. Dude looks like he's built like a Ferrari. Designed for speed but in need of constant tuning or you soon run into performance issues. I mean look at the dude's legs. He's built like a spider.
i don't think he' soft, as he is clearly playing in pain.every time he gets up you can tell he is sucking it up.i think he seems to get injured a bit though, which to me isn't the same as being soft.i just think resting him would be a good idea. he clearly isn't the same and as effective.think they should have sat him a couple more weeks and get him healthy.here's hoping the 10 days after today will do him good.

UGH. Hurting Megatron over Driver, VJax, or MSW? Right now have him in over Driver, but it's a toughie.
Driver - 140 yds, 1 tdCJ - 10 yds, 1 tdI hate myself.
i feel your pain man
i did it too..ETA: CJ pulled on 3rd and goal from the 3... :lmao:
Personally I think CJ was really hurt today and only played because Stafford did. He was in obvious pain after almost every play. Had no separation, and looked like he was just waiting for the game to be over..

f'd again. I could have started Rock Cartwright ...this is the 3rd time this year on the "hey he's gonna start and the match up is great!" storyline that ends very poorly. Watched the whole game, he couldn't outmove me, he shouldn't have played. I'm done with him this year.

He scored a TD. Could have been worse. He could have had 0 catches and re-injured his knee on the first play. You guys are a bunch of cry babies.

spy231 said:
I flipped a coin and CJ is getting the start over Miles Austin.............
I went to start CJ and it gave me an error. It said the cutoff was 11:30 and it was 11:32. I thought the game started at 12:00. It made me start Miles Austin. I guess luck is on my side this week!!

720tail said:
Glad I sat him...

How is that 2 catch, 10 yards and 1 TD working out for everyone that played him...
I was fine with it. I started him, and hoped for a big day. But even more than that, I hoped to not get a "1 catch, 8 yards, no TD, and aggrivated the injury on that first catch" day. So when he caught that TD, I breathed a sigh of relief - at least we'd get something.

720tail said:
Glad I sat him...

How is that 2 catch, 10 yards and 1 TD working out for everyone that played him...
I was fine with it. I started him, and hoped for a big day. But even more than that, I hoped to not get a "1 catch, 8 yards, no TD, and aggrivated the injury on that first catch" day. So when he caught that TD, I breathed a sigh of relief - at least we'd get something.
Exactly. Not anything special, but wasn't a total disaster either. Who's relying on CJ as a WR1 at this point of the season anyways? I'm OK with 7 points from my WR3. Not thrilled with it but it's not going to kill me either.

720tail said:
Glad I sat him...How is that 2 catch, 10 yards and 1 TD working out for everyone that played him...
I started Calvin. I knew...like most everyone else...that he did not practice all week and he was hurt. But I started him anyways because of the upside, but also knowing that a bad game was possible because he was not healthy. I'm fine with what he did. Then again, once I decide to start a player, I don't look back and question it. I live with the results of my decision.

720tail said:
Glad I sat him...How is that 2 catch, 10 yards and 1 TD working out for everyone that played him...
I started Calvin. I knew...like most everyone else...that he did not practice all week and he was hurt. But I started him anyways because of the upside, but also knowing that a bad game was possible because he was not healthy. I'm fine with what he did. Then again, once I decide to start a player, I don't look back and question it. I live with the results of my decision.
I want to add that it is easy to ask that question after seeing what happens. The time to ask yourself that question is before you make it your final decision.

720tail said:
Glad I sat him...

:lmao: It was him or Steve Smith for me, so I'm not minding his day, tbh. 8 pts is decent, albeit unspectacular. And now he has 9 days to rest.

720tail said:
I want to add that it is easy to ask that question after seeing what happens. The time to ask yourself that question is before you make it your final decision.
:mellow:

He scored 9 points in most pprs. Not good, but not terrible. Do the math at the end of the weekend and see if your alternative would make a difference between a W and a L. I am guessing in most cases - probably 80% - it doesn't.

Users who are viewing this thread