What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Buy low TE trade targets? (1 Viewer)

iamkoza

Footballguy
TE through 3 weeks seems to be a barren wasteland outside the top 4 or 5... anyone recommend a good buy low TE who a logical argument can be made he can bounce back?

A listing of a few TE's who haven't performed yet to pre-season ranking:

• Rudolph?
  • Ebron?
  • Marty Bennett?
  • Hunter Henry?
  • Doyle?
To me of that list Doyle is best positioned to bounce back as his lack of consistent production is mostly due to luck being out. Maybe same argument for Rudolph/bradford... both of those QB's are perhaps a few weeks away from returning though

TE through 3 weeks seems to be a barren wasteland outside the top 4 or 5... anyone recommend a good buy low TE who a logical argument can be made he can bounce back?

A listing of a few TE's who haven't performed yet to pre-season ranking:

• Rudolph?
  • Ebron?
  • Marty Bennett?
  • Hunter Henry?
  • Doyle?
To me of that list Doyle is best positioned to bounce back as his lack of consistent production is mostly due to luck being out. Maybe same argument for Rudolph/bradford... both of those QB's are perhaps a few weeks away from returning though
I would not bank on Ebron - couple bad drops yesterday, and I think between the 3-4 wideouts and 2 half backs who are reliable they will phase him out. He's got 13 + games left as a Lion IMO.

Bennett I like a lot, same with Rudolph. What makes you think Doyle will turn it around? 2 catches on 5 targets + a lost fumble is pretty much rock bottom. What will change? Henry might still be a year off.

His value could be all over the map depending on his owner, especially in TE premium leagues, but Charles Clay is a great buy-low possibility.

Clay should have a career year & doesn't command top dollar. Definitely somebody to look at if you need a TE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ebron is on my do not draft list and I will gladly be wrong one year, and let other owners deal with him.

Hooper is a good buy low IMO

Henry is a great buy low, but as a Henry owner I am holding

Bennett is not a good buy low IMO, Jeff Janis could come in and start because of injuries and Bennett wouldn't see an uptick

Doyle is a great buy low, the Colts let in some late scores to make it close, but they never threw a lot once they got the big lead, Brissett likes him and so does Luck if he comes back.

I think it is going to take multiple injuries and Bradford getting healthy for Randolph to get back to last year. Diggs, Theilan, and Cook are all ahead of him for touches.

Ryan Griffin is a good target if he is on the wire, last man standing in Houston, everyone is double and tripling Hopkins.

Zach Miller could be a nice buy low too. Sooner or later the Bears are going to have to throw, especially with their division opponents coming up, they don't really have anyone.

Ebron is on my do not draft list and I will gladly be wrong one year, and let other owners deal with him.

Bennett is not a good buy low IMO, Jeff Janis could come in and start because of injuries and Bennett wouldn't see an uptick

Doyle is a great buy low, the Colts let in some late scores to make it close, but they never threw a lot once they got the big lead, Brissett likes him and so does Luck if he comes back.

I think it is going to take multiple injuries and Bradford getting healthy for Randolph to get back to last year. Diggs, Theilan, and Cook are all ahead of him for touches.

Ryan Griffin is a good target if he is on the wire, last man standing in Houston, everyone is double and tripling Hopkins.

Zach Miller could be a nice buy low too. Sooner or later the Bears are going to have to throw, especially with their division opponents coming up, they don't really have anyone.
Bennett had some bad drops 2 weeks ago. He didn't get targeted much this week. I own him but he's not producing like I hoped. I'm hoping on him being a RZ target and his opportunities increasing down the stretch.

Miller - I don't know if anyone has an idea of what the offense will look like when Turbs takes over. He should be able to throw downfield more and just generally be encouraged to pass. Miller has good enough hands and the offense *has* to pick up. That said, I think they want to develop Shaheen along with Turbs as they get eased into the gameplans.

Graham showed life

Garbage time counts
True, I just don't see a lot of garbage time for Seattle. I hope I am wrong, I am invested in Graham quite a bit this year. I bought into the training camp reports of him dominating. 

if not for one horrifically busted coverage hooper is not rostered in 80% of leagues, i view him as more of a fluke TD get lucky type not a potentially 4-5 catcher per game type im tyrying to identfiy

At this point, Mercedes Lewis is probably just a watch candidate.  I know it's a longshot, but with Allen Robinson out of the picture, just maybe Bortles will lean more on him...at least in the red zone as teams will start to load up the box on 1st and Goal situations to stop Fournette.

Drafted Henry.  Started week 1.  Dropped Him.  Picked back up last week.  Started him.   F me.  Oddly enough I am 2-1 in that league, won weeks 1 and 3.

Users who are viewing this thread