What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Buy Low/Sell High Thread (1 Viewer)

JustinHawkins said:
Anyone selling T. Rich? Buying him? What kind of trades are you seeing in your dynasty leagues?
If you're trying to buy, now is the time IMO. He gets a juicy matchup against St. Louis. EVERYONE has been able to run well against them this year. If Richardson can't do anything against them, then there probably is a little hope for him the ROS.
Did you miss them stuffing Lynch 2 weeks ago?

Just sold Jordan Cameron for Demaryius Thomas
Lol what? Do you play in a league with Hellen Keller?
:lol:

I bought low on CJ Spiller myself and am feeling pretty good about it after Sunday's game. He seems to be coming back into form at the perfect time. Sucks if you drafted him in the top 10 but for us who went Calvin Johnson, its a blessing. Get him on the cheap and now have a potential top 10 back the rest of the way.

I also snagged Andre Brown off waivers so my RB situation is looking pretty good at this point.

"If you're trying to buy, now is the time IMO. He gets a juicy matchup against St. Louis. EVERYONE has been able to run well against them this year. If Richardson can't do anything against them, then there probably is a little hope for him the ROS."

Seriously? EVery ####in week I hear a new...."If Richardson cant do it this week..." comment....enough!!!! He blows and isnt special or serviceable.......trade for him..fine....but he is nothing more than a what the heck flex AT BEST...and belongs on your bench the majority of weeks.

I think DeMarco Murray may be a good buy low candidate right now. The Cowboys are going to have to establish a run game to finish off some games. I am trying to make a move for him now, and think he can be solid in the weeks to come.

"If you're trying to buy, now is the time IMO. He gets a juicy matchup against St. Louis. EVERYONE has been able to run well against them this year. If Richardson can't do anything against them, then there probably is a little hope for him the ROS."

Seriously? EVery ####in week I hear a new...."If Richardson cant do it this week..." comment....enough!!!! He blows and isnt special or serviceable.......trade for him..fine....but he is nothing more than a what the heck flex AT BEST...and belongs on your bench the majority of weeks.
I agree with this and I am a TRich owner. Brown is going to replace him on 3rd downs and is the better of the two in blocking. Luckily I have Forte and Bush to start bit this guy isn't sniffing my lineup for the ROS.

Sure, but with guys like Foster dinged up and Charles on a bye, I think you could do worse if you had to go with TRich this week. Do I have full confidence in him? Not really. But looking at what others teams have done running the ball on St. Louis, this is the last time I'll feel good about starting TRich. Chris Johnson had been a zombie most of the year and went off last week. Why can't TRich do the same?

jackdubl said:
What do we think of TY?
Just traded TY and Gio for Reggie and Roddy in a 12 team ppr

Gio was a matchup play for me and TY was on my bench. reggie gives me a good upgrade for my rb2

Last edited by a moderator:
Just bought on Mccoy in a PPR keeper league. Morris and Rice for Mccoy.

Love Morris this year, the guy is a workhorse but I needed to move Rice.

Like the idea of keeping Forte and Mccoy more than keeping Forte and Morris.

love Morris too but he's getting vultured to epic proportions for reasons I can't understand.

love Morris too but he's getting vultured to epic proportions for reasons I can't understand.
I think he'll still get his, dudes been leading YPCs for most of if not the whole season, they have plenty of talent in the backfield and Young kind of came out of nowhere.

JustinHawkins said:
Anyone selling T. Rich? Buying him? What kind of trades are you seeing in your dynasty leagues?
Just unloaded him and my 2014 2nd rounder for Doug Martin and his 3rd rounder. I feel SO much better now as I gave a lot to get him and was full of buyers remorse. I am playing for 2014 so having muscle hamster on my bench doesnt bother me.

it pains me to say it, but Ben Tate is a buy low. Houston has all but tossed in the towel for '13..theyll want to see what Tate can do as a #1, and if Foster is their guy, they dont want to risk further injuries to him in meaningless games..

It also pains me to say Amendola is a buy low player - after the bye I'd expect hm to be a better Welker in the NE offense. I know better than to make a big thing out of NEs game vs an old broken down Pitt defense, but , they looked better..

Hakeem Nicks might have a big game v. Oakland,along with some other soft defenses coming up..

Donald Brown..its only matter of time before Indy abandons the T-rich Experience and gives Brown the dam# ball..

Eli - games against Oak, Redskins 2x, Cowboys, Chargers, Packers , Lions.SOFT pass defenses, all. next 3 games @ home..perfect time to buy low

jackdubl said:
What do we think of TY?
Just traded TY and Gio for Reggie and Roddy in a 12 team pprGio was a matchup play for me and TY was on my bench. reggie gives me a good upgrade for my rb2
You did this in a dynasty league??? If so you got fleeced.

Gio >>>>>>>>>> bush

Hilton >>> roddy

You lost in every way.

JustinHawkins said:
If you're trying to buy, now is the time IMO. He gets a juicy matchup against St. Louis. EVERYONE has been able to run well against them this year. If Richardson can't do anything against them, then there probably is a little hope for him the ROS.
I tried about a week ago to buy T. Rich. I asked him who he might be interested in and he said Spiller. The problem is the owner still wants top 5 value for T. Rich but told me he wouldn't pay top 20 running back price for Spiller. I don't like this owner to begin with so I said please name me 20 other backs you would rather have in dynasty. I am still waiting for a response.

I'd highly recommend buying low on Aaron Rodgers if:

1). You can acquire him for players sitting on your bench

2). You don't have a top 5 QB.

3). You can still make the playoffs even if he doesn't play again this year.

4). ESPECIALLY if all of the above are true and if you are expecting a first round BYE.

Like I said in the Rodgers injury thread, 4 weeks puts him at a Week 14 return vs ATL. The Week 15 matchup against Dallas is super juicy, especially if you have a week 14 BYE in the playoffs.

Full disclosure, traded Zac Stacy and Chris Ivory for Ray Rice during the Ravens BYE week. Was convinced Rice would heal up during the BYE. Not looking so good for me at the moment but the Bradford injury worried me enough to want to get rid of Stacy. Luckily the trade didn't hurt my starting lineup so I can let Rice sit on bench until he gives me a reason to start him.

Is now a good time to sell high on Reggie Bush? Bell got 10 carries to Bush's 14, could be a sign of them evening things out to keep Bush fresh for the playoffs. I'm not talking take what you can get, but in PPR he's the #6 RB based on averages, and that's factoring in the game he missed. Could get a nice package of players, or straight up for a top 3 WR.

Is now a good time to sell high on Reggie Bush? Bell got 10 carries to Bush's 14, could be a sign of them evening things out to keep Bush fresh for the playoffs. I'm not talking take what you can get, but in PPR he's the #6 RB based on averages, and that's factoring in the game he missed. Could get a nice package of players, or straight up for a top 3 WR.
This is a dynasty trade thread. Nobody is parting with a top 3 WR for Reggie Bush.

This is a dynasty trade thread. Nobody is parting with a top 3 WR for Reggie Bush.
Never saw where this was intended to be a dynasty trade thread. Disregarding that post and moving on to the more important post about Bush, as a Bush owner, there is absolutely no chance I am selling high on Bush unless Jamaal Charles was offered. The Lions have to MAKE the playoffs first, forget about keeping him fresh for the playoffs. Bush did get over 100 yards on Sunday, right? Why on earth would you sell? And because of the issue you present regarding potential injury, no...you could never, ever get a top 3 WR for Bush...at least you shouldn't be able to...in a halfway competitive league.

Never saw where this was intended to be a dynasty trade thread. Disregarding that post and moving on to the more important post about Bush, as a Bush owner, there is absolutely no chance I am selling high on Bush unless Jamaal Charles was offered. The Lions have to MAKE the playoffs first, forget about keeping him fresh for the playoffs. Bush did get over 100 yards on Sunday, right? Why on earth would you sell? And because of the issue you present regarding potential injury, no...you could never, ever get a top 3 WR for Bush...at least you shouldn't be able to...in a halfway competitive league.
As a Bush owner, I agree, I'm not selling. they've used Joique Bell pretty consistently all year. It's not a concern that Bell got 10 carries. Lions' offense overall wasn't clicking on all cylinders, pretty good effort by Bears' D in a huge game. The Lions are one game up on the Bears and Packers and I wouldn't bet on an NFC North team getting WC berth so he'll get heavy work to try to win a division title.

As a Bush owner, I agree, I'm not selling. they've used Joique Bell pretty consistently all year. It's not a concern that Bell got 10 carries. Lions' offense overall wasn't clicking on all cylinders, pretty good effort by Bears' D in a huge game. The Lions are one game up on the Bears and Packers and I wouldn't bet on an NFC North team getting WC berth so he'll get heavy work to try to win a division title.
You make a couple really good points. All season long Bell has been getting consistent touches, and this has never negatively impacted Bush. In addition, the Lions don't have much of a lead in their division so they need to keep winning games and that means Bush is just going to continue being a focal point of the offense, not a lesser part of the offense.

I will say...not only would I likely never consider selling high on Bush, I'm trying to acquire Joique Bell as an RB5/6 kind of guy, just in case Bush ever goes down. Bell would be an instant RB2 and a potential RB1 in PPR leagues.

Packaged up Vincent Jackson and Lamar Miller last week for an upgrade at running back.

Feels like the ultimate sell high after tonight's game.

The Dolphin's o line is in shambles making miller unstartable.

Jackson is so boom or bust, with more busting going on lately.

4/-3/0 at half.

Finished 5/2/0. Somehow he got a 5 yard run.

The RZ TD went to Brown.

Debating on shooting out an offer for dez he has been underwhelming the last couple weeks. He is also on bye week so his owner maye desperate if he is tryin to get some wins.

Also another one looking at is spiller most of his owners were all expecting a good game this week and in my leagues at least the owners are so mad there ready to drop him.

4/-3/0 at half.

The RZ TD went to Brown.
Yeah I was off on that one. I have Richardson in a few leagues and was holding out hope. He's never seeing my starting lineup again.

Debating on shooting out an offer for dez he has been underwhelming the last couple weeks. He is also on bye week so his owner maye desperate if he is tryin to get some wins.

Also another one looking at is spiller most of his owners were all expecting a good game this week and in my leagues at least the owners are so mad there ready to drop him.
Just picked up Dez last week. If I had waited a week, I could have gotten him much cheaper, but I agree, now is the best time to buy. The 2nd half schedule is nice, and with Tillman gone, that makes weeks 14-16 (CHI, GB, WAS) very inviting. The back stuff is concerning, but he had his amazing run last year playing hurt. I take the same approach as trading for Graham: it's very rarely you can find a single move that can win/lose you your season. Buying "low" on either of these guys can be that move.

RushHour said:
The way Jackson and Miller are going, that's probably just a "sell", not a "sell high".
Miller was coming off his highest output of the season and Jackson at the time was a top ten receiver points wise, although he had put up a 79 yard game and a dud against Seattle.

Your probably right, but in miller's sake it is looking like it was high, especially with the Martin and Incognito issue.

MattFancy said:
SaintsInDome2006 said:
4/-3/0 at half.

The RZ TD went to Brown.
Yeah I was off on that one. I have Richardson in a few leagues and was holding out hope. He's never seeing my starting lineup again.
Nobody' at blame there, it's truly amazing how that's worked out.

blake said:
ryno1980 said:
You make a couple really good points. All season long Bell has been getting consistent touches, and this has never negatively impacted Bush. In addition, the Lions don't have much of a lead in their division so they need to keep winning games and that means Bush is just going to continue being a focal point of the offense, not a lesser part of the offense.

I will say...not only would I likely never consider selling high on Bush, I'm trying to acquire Joique Bell as an RB5/6 kind of guy, just in case Bush ever goes down. Bell would be an instant RB2 and a potential RB1 in PPR leagues.
I actually just pulled the trigger last week on a deal to get Reggie in a 12 team ppr league. I was surprised the Bush owner wanted to move him but i am mre than happy to have him on my roster. I look at the Bell carries as a good thing. They keep Bush fresh to make big plays.

I'm really intrigued that Dodds has Cam Newton as the #5 QB for the rest of the season in his Top 200 forward yet Sigmund Bloom says to sell high on Newton because he is matchup dependent which I agree with. To me, Newton's ranking is far too high but it is interesting the difference of opinions on Newton with the staff.

14 Team Dynasty

SOLD TRich for DJackson and a 2nd Round Rookie Pick 3 weeks ago

BOUGHT TRich for Pierce and 2nd Round Rookie Pick today

I'm really intrigued that Dodds has Cam Newton as the #5 QB for the rest of the season in his Top 200 forward yet Sigmund Bloom says to sell high on Newton because he is matchup dependent which I agree with. To me, Newton's ranking is far too high but it is interesting the difference of opinions on Newton with the staff.
Took this advice and traded Cam to the Rodgers owner for him. I know I'm taking a risk he doesn't come back but if he does then yippie.

Users who are viewing this thread