What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Buy Low/Sell High Thread (1 Viewer)

Trying to sell high on Jordan Cameron.

I think he'll hold value all season, but if you ave te room to trade him and need upgrades at other positions, now is the time to dish him.
I'm holding JC. He's in the top 10 in our league, and scoring more each week. I know it's bound to level off at some point, but even then, his ceiling is so high, I'm riding the JC wave as long as I can. Total stud. He's not going anywhere for me.

Unless you can package him for some blockbuster deal, you'll be kicking yourself later for getting rid of him.
I don't know. Do we have much track record for TE's being consistent studs on crap teams with a crap QB? I think his situation limits his ceiling.

I think he'll hold value all season, but if you ave te room to trade him and need upgrades at other positions, now is the time to dish him.
I'm holding JC. He's in the top 10 in our league, and scoring more each week. I know it's bound to level off at some point, but even then, his ceiling is so high, I'm riding the JC wave as long as I can. Total stud. He's not going anywhere for me.

Unless you can package him for some blockbuster deal, you'll be kicking yourself later for getting rid of him.
I don't know. Do we have much track record for TE's being consistent studs on crap teams with a crap QB? I think his situation limits his ceiling.
I think there's not much track record, but there's not also much of a sample size, because there's been so few TE's built the way Cameron is that have been on bad teams.

I guess Vernon Davis might be a good comparable. Always known to have physical ability, but system and QB kept him from consistently producing elite numbers. There were some intangibles in there as well, but the situation is at least comparable. Jared Cook in Tennessee also, but he was always touted to have potential, without the "consistent" production Cameron has shown so far.

Cameron's ceiling may be limited by his situation, but I'd say it also gives him a higher floor. It was widely assumed that Chudzinski would heavily feature the TE in his offense, and that has played out to date. And the lack of WRs and now even greater lack of a running game should keep Cameron productive even in the weeks that he is not elite, which will keep him in his place, one tier below Gronk/Graham, and one tier above the rest of the start-worthyTEs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone buying low on DJax? 2 monster games in a row and now 2 subpar games. Gets TB in Week 7 but also faces NYG twice, Wash, GB, and OAK before his bye. There's certainly potential for him to have some more huge games in that stretch.

Anyone buying low on DJax? 2 monster games in a row and now 2 subpar games. Gets TB in Week 7 but also faces NYG twice, Wash, GB, and OAK before his bye. There's certainly potential for him to have some more huge games in that stretch.
Oh, I'd buy, but I can't imagine there's any discount.

I think Gio is a buy-low candidate. He's starting to earn more and more carries as the weeks progress, and I don't think we've seen near what he can do once he is given the lions share.

What kind of Sell High offers are people getting for TGonzo.....just curious. I had one sent to me for a starting TE, 2nd pick and 25% of the annual limit for WW money.

It is a dynasty league.

I passed.

Peace

What kind of Sell High offers are people getting for TGonzo.....just curious. I had one sent to me for a starting TE, 2nd pick and 25% of the annual limit for WW money.

It is a dynasty league.

I passed.

Peace
What was the TE? In dynasty Gonzo has less value because this is almost definitely his last year, you might have missed a free pick and budget cash. Depends on the TE though, I guess.

It is a dynasty league.

I passed.

Peace
What was the TE? In dynasty Gonzo has less value because this is almost definitely his last year, you might have missed a free pick and budget cash. Depends on the TE though, I guess.
no, i just got Tgonzo, he got Celek, the pick and the cash.

Peace

It is a dynasty league.

I passed.

Peace
no, i just got Tgonzo, he got Celek, the pick and the cash.Peace
Oh, alright, that makes much more sense.

I'm holding JC. He's in the top 10 in our league, and scoring more each week. I know it's bound to level off at some point, but even then, his ceiling is so high, I'm riding the JC wave as long as I can. Total stud. He's not going anywhere for me.Unless you can package him for some blockbuster deal, you'll be kicking yourself later for getting rid of him.
Are u certain hoyer is a crap qb on a crap team? Obviously they're not Super Bowl contenders, but hoyer is no rookie, he's got a solid line, two excellent weapons and no running game. Cameron is in the same tier as gronk and graham. A solid te3 well above the rest of that pack

I wonder if Rivers is a sell high or if he is a hold. I have Peyton so I'm looking to deal Rivers and I'm curious what the market is for Rivers as I'm getting the impression that some of my leaguemates aren't sold that Rivers is a top 5, perhaps not even top 10 qb this year.

I wonder if Rivers is a sell high or if he is a hold. I have Peyton so I'm looking to deal Rivers and I'm curious what the market is for Rivers as I'm getting the impression that some of my leaguemates aren't sold that Rivers is a top 5, perhaps not even top 10 qb this year.
In situations like these, you're probably not going to get near what you would want for Rivers, if anything. People are skeptical and not believers he will continue the performance he has put up so far, and his trade value will be practically worthless unless you're in a 2QB league.

If you're truly confident that Rivers will finish top 5 like his is trending, then you're better off shopping Peyton for a ridiculous trade to shore up multiple other positions on your team and rolling with Rivers for the rest of the season. That's a big if.

Rivers has 2 games over 400 yards passing, and 2 games under 200 yards passing. He's boom or bust, plain & simple.This is a Sell with a capital S.

If somebody will bite, take it and run.

In situations like these, you're probably not going to get near what you would want for Rivers, if anything. People are skeptical and not believers he will continue the performance he has put up so far, and his trade value will be practically worthless unless you're in a 2QB league.

If you're truly confident that Rivers will finish top 5 like his is trending, then you're better off shopping Peyton for a ridiculous trade to shore up multiple other positions on your team and rolling with Rivers for the rest of the season. That's a big if.
Agree with the strategy but boy does that take guts

As crazy as this sounds this might have to be my play. I traded away my 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks so I have a bunch of rb2/3 and wr2/3 . I'm 2-2 and Peyton has been carrying me.

What is the going rate for.Manning? Don't think anyone is planning on trading him but what would you be asking for?

As crazy as this sounds this might have to be my play. I traded away my 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks so I have a bunch of rb2/3 and wr2/3 . I'm 2-2 and Peyton has been carrying me. What is the going rate for.Manning? Don't think anyone is planning on trading him but what would you be asking for?
Would probably only consider it in a dynasty if I was a bad team or a team with a really good backup and thought the trade put me in contention

Rivers has 2 games over 400 yards passing, and 2 games under 200 yards passing. He's boom or bust, plain & simple.This is a Sell with a capital S.If somebody will bite, take it and run.
and 11 td passes and 2 ints and 70% completion. Its not like he hasnt been a stud in the past. Im buying (as a matter of fact i did buy)

As crazy as this sounds this might have to be my play. I traded away my 1st, 2nd and 3rd round picks so I have a bunch of rb2/3 and wr2/3 . I'm 2-2 and Peyton has been carrying me.

What is the going rate for.Manning? Don't think anyone is planning on trading him but what would you be asking for?
It would depend largely on the composition of QB deficient teams in your league and their relative roster strengths. The couple of times I have seen Peyton traded this year was for a presumed top 5 QB and an elite RB or WR. In one for Stafford + Forte (PPR), and Ryan + Dez in another. Considering you wouldn't be seeking a QB in return, if you could find a team capable of making the trade, then I don't think a RB1 + WR2 would be unreasonable, or vice-versa. It really is hard to say.

However, as Shutout warned don't do it unless your situation called for it. I'd say either the situation he described in dynasty, or if your season is tanking in redraft.

Traded Lamar Miller for Djax.

I know this may sound crazy but I'd try and trade Peyton right now if you can get a consistent QB (Matt Ryan specifically) and a consistent top 10 WR like a welker or Andre Johnson. Spread the consistency across the team and watch miracles happen.

elguapo07 said:
tdhartis said:

I would be asking for a WR1 and a RB2 at the top end of that tier - or a WR2 at the top end of that tier. The thing is - you have Peyton - which means no one else does. Make them pay dearly to get him.

I know this may sound crazy but I'd try and trade Peyton right now if you can get a consistent QB (Matt Ryan specifically) and a consistent top 10 WR like a welker or Andre Johnson. Spread the consistency across the team and watch miracles happen.
You're right... it sounds crazy. Why on God's green earth would you trade the best QB at the top of his game with those WRs?

I thought I bought low on Hakeem Nicks last week. I guess he improved, but I wasn't too impressed by his efforts. Looked slow and lazy out there.

It is a dynasty league.

I passed.

Peace
I've been offered Michael Floyd and Jordan Cameron for McFadden and Gonzo in a ppr dynasty.

You're right... it sounds crazy. Why on God's green earth would you trade the best QB at the top of his game with those WRs?
I mean its all relative. 6pt passing TD league (aka bush league fantasy wise), don't bother rostering anyone but a QB. But in more balanced and deeper, more sophisticated leagues, it would be worth it IMO, depending on setup. Consistency is key. Manning is not only consistent, he's highly consistent and completely on another level. Definition of sell high. If you can add some consistency at another position (specifically WR), without sacrificing the opportunity cost of downgrading to a just as consistent, just not as highly productive Matt Ryan AND AND AND a top 10 WR. I'd do it.

take it and run
My hesitation is that I have no rb depth if I do that. Literally none. Pead, Bolden, CJ Anderson. None.
Unless you have a very large buy-in, meaning this year is incredibly important to you, I don't think it matters. It's dynasty, that's great value, and you'd be crazy not to take it. Absolutely crazy.
What do you think of dealing spiller for Gio and Lamar to offset that loss of depth?

take it and run
My hesitation is that I have no rb depth if I do that. Literally none. Pead, Bolden, CJ Anderson. None.
Unless you have a very large buy-in, meaning this year is incredibly important to you, I don't think it matters. It's dynasty, that's great value, and you'd be crazy not to take it. Absolutely crazy.
What do you think of dealing spiller for Gio and Lamar to offset that loss of depth?
if that is on the table, hit accept NOW.

take it and run
If you're a believer in those guys, that's a decent deal. But if you're not, I wouldn't make the deal just to get depth. I'd make the deal, but that's me. Spiller seems to not be what we thought he'd be, and he's not really a young guy anymore even though fantasy-wise, it feels like he's just come onto the scene. If you love Gio and/or Miller, and that's on the table, I'd take it.But I'd do the first deal either way.

take it and run
If you're a believer in those guys, that's a decent deal. But if you're not, I wouldn't make the deal just to get depth. I'd make the deal, but that's me. Spiller seems to not be what we thought he'd be, and he's not really a young guy anymore even though fantasy-wise, it feels like he's just come onto the scene. If you love Gio and/or Miller, and that's on the table, I'd take it.But I'd do the first deal either way.
Dude just changed offer to Forte, Floyd, Cameron for McFadden Sproles Gonzo!!!! BOOM

take it and run
Dude just changed offer to Forte, Floyd, Cameron for McFadden Sproles Gonzo!!!! BOOM
Wow. I guess holding out wasn't the worst thing you could do! Even after the show Sproles put on tonight, I'd consider that an upgrade.

I mean its all relative. 6pt passing TD league (aka bush league fantasy wise), don't bother rostering anyone but a QB. But in more balanced and deeper, more sophisticated leagues, it would be worth it IMO, depending on setup. Consistency is key. Manning is not only consistent, he's highly consistent and completely on another level. Definition of sell high. If you can add some consistency at another position (specifically WR), without sacrificing the opportunity cost of downgrading to a just as consistent, just not as highly productive Matt Ryan AND AND AND a top 10 WR. I'd do it.
I have Peyton on two dynasty teams. Rebuilding in one and I'd likely take a deal like that fairly quickly. In the league I'm undefeated and all-in for this year, I don't think there's a trade that could be offered that I'd accept.

Where does Ray Rice fall into the "Name Game" going into Week 5? We had a frustrated owner trade Rice straight up for David Wilson in a 10 team standard league.

Couldn't trade Rivers for Gio I in a 12 team, 6pt td, non-ppr. Guy has Romo and tons of rb/wr depth.

I am a sorry owner of both MJD and Shorts. Is Shorts a "sell high" with Blackmon coming back, or will Blackmon actually help boost the value of both of these players? I'm trying to think this through, and certainly Shorts could lose targets to Blackmon...but this team has been so bad, that having another weapon on the field may increase overall opportunities which could help.

I personally am leaning towards buy low for both of these guys.

I am a sorry owner of both MJD and Shorts. Is Shorts a "sell high" with Blackmon coming back, or will Blackmon actually help boost the value of both of these players? I'm trying to think this through, and certainly Shorts could lose targets to Blackmon...but this team has been so bad, that having another weapon on the field may increase overall opportunities which could help.

Well I think Blackmon coming back, certainly can't hurt MJD's value. As far as Shorts, I'm not sure. I would hold since I don't think you'll get much back for him anyway right now. I think the biggest value boost for the Jags O would be to leave Henne at QB. Gabbert just doesn't have it and it's not like he's been getting better. If Henne is the QB, Shorts and Blackmon would see their values increase IMO.

Well I think Blackmon coming back, certainly can't hurt MJD's value. As far as Shorts, I'm not sure. I would hold since I don't think you'll get much back for him anyway right now. I think the biggest value boost for the Jags O would be to leave Henne at QB. Gabbert just doesn't have it and it's not like he's been getting better. If Henne is the QB, Shorts and Blackmon would see their values increase IMO.
It pains me to even type this, but Shorts is my best WR and I probably couldn't afford to lose him. I'm looking ahead to next week to try to make a deal for Roddy White going into his bye. I think he is an ideal buy low now, if you can stash him, or next week if you can get him for cheap off a desperate owner who can't afford his bye.

TheNext0 said:
MattFancy said:
TheNext0 said:

It pains me to even type this, but Shorts is my best WR and I probably couldn't afford to lose him. I'm looking ahead to next week to try to make a deal for Roddy White going into his bye. I think he is an ideal buy low now, if you can stash him, or next week if you can get him for cheap off a desperate owner who can't afford his bye.
I know the production wasnt there, but Roddy looked pretty good on Sunday night. He got a bunch of targets, which makes me think that his QB has regained confidence in him to make plays. Seemed to be moving pretty well.

I'd try to get in now- if he has a good game this week, I suspect he will be hard to get.

TheNext0 said:
I've been trying to snag Roddy for a few weeks now, to no avail. Good luck trying to trade for him, 'cuz the owner that drafted him is probably holding on for dear life, trying to salvage something for spending the high draft pick that he spent for White.

MattFancy said:
TheNext0 said:

I ended up with Shorts in all 3 of my leagues and at least for me personally, there is very little demand there - between people considering the Jags a cesspool, Gabbert taking over for Henne, and now Blackmon coming back as well, it doesn't seem like I could get much of anything for him.

The OP listed Ridley and David Wilson as buy low candidates. Neither guy has seen an up swing in production, but both are still intriguing players whose values are low. I am still holding onto hope with Ridley, as he just appears to be the most talented guy in the Patriot backfield right now.....doesn't appear as if Bolden is ever going to be a 12-15 carry per game type of running back, and I just don't believe the team will try to play power football with Blount for more than a series or two. Wilson, I would still buy low on....but he seems like more of a risk than Ridley.

Thoughts on these two guys moving forward?

Users who are viewing this thread