What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Buy low, sell high, buy high, sell low (4 Viewers)

Would I trade Benson and SSmith for RG3? Unless I had absolutely no depth, in a heartbeat

I'm still on the buy-low train for Matthews in PPR...maybe I'm shooting myself in the foot, I traded Morris for him in a league where I have a lot of RB depth.

BUMP

Buy Low:

-Did Garcon look healthy today? Falcons #1 in the NFL vs WRs so it was a tough matchup and might be an opportunity to buy in combination with RGIII concerns.

-Brandon Lloyd: Denver soft on the inside so there was really no reason to go outside vs Champ Bailey today

-Green-Ellis: MIA with a tough run D- of course assuming Scotts injury is significant

-CJ Spiller: back to back rough weeks but still only one FJax injury away from being a top 5 RB again

-Amendola: In PPR if you have room for him to come back for the playoffs

-Hartline: Didn't have a big day but still got targets.

-Jeremy Maclin: was he healthy today? Eagles offense had a long day but could be the ultimate buy low especially in PPR

-Nicks/Jennings-If you think James Jones and Domenick Hixon looked good youve obviously forgotten about these guys

-Ryan Williams-if you can get him for a fair price (which is pretty low) and need RB help

Sell High:

-Cutler: One nice game on a big stage, another nice game today. All he does is beat up on lesser opponents

-Bradshaw: Don't see many more 200 yard days in his future

-Colston: Having the game of his life with Graham nicked up

Thoughts?

BUMPBuy Low:-Did Garcon look healthy today? Falcons #1 in the NFL vs WRs so it was a tough matchup and might be an opportunity to buy in combination with RGIII concerns. -Brandon Lloyd: Denver soft on the inside so there was really no reason to go outside vs Champ Bailey today-Green-Ellis: MIA with a tough run D- of course assuming Scotts injury is significant-CJ Spiller: back to back rough weeks but still only one FJax injury away from being a top 5 RB again-Amendola: In PPR if you have room for him to come back for the playoffs-Hartline: Didn't have a big day but still got targets.-Jeremy Maclin: was he healthy today? Eagles offense had a long day but could be the ultimate buy low especially in PPR-Nicks/Jennings-If you think James Jones and Domenick Hixon looked good youve obviously forgotten about these guys-Ryan Williams-if you can get him for a fair price (which is pretty low) and need RB helpSell High:-Cutler: One nice game on a big stage, another nice game today. All he does is beat up on lesser opponents-Bradshaw: Don't see many more 200 yard days in his future-Colston: Having the game of his life with Graham nicked upThoughts?
Agree with all except Amendola, Hartline, Bradshaw and Colston. Bradshaw owners aren't expecting him to put up 200 yards, nobody with half a brain is going to pay an RB1 price for him based on today. Colston looks like a WR1 to me, he was just fine last week with Graham in the game. I don't see how your going to get more production in return by selling him unless you find a sucker willing to trade Julio Jones or Calvin Johnson and again, that's not happening. Not a bad list overall though. I'm definitely buying Pierre Garcon if I can.

Possibly Ridley I know he is awesome rb, but he now had 2 fumbles in 2 games one critical one, that is what landed him in the dog house last year. He also has the Texans and 49ers in fantasy playoffs. If you could land a guy like dmac or another rb1 I would probably do it

Possibly Ridley I know he is awesome rb, but he now had 2 fumbles in 2 games one critical one, that is what landed him in the dog house last year. He also has the Texans and 49ers in fantasy playoffs. If you could land a guy like dmac or another rb1 I would probably do it
You're going to take some heat for this one, but I agree. I would definitely trade him for McFadden or even Reggie Bush who has a nice schedule over the next few weeks.

You're going to take some heat for this one, but I agree. I would definitely trade him for McFadden or even Reggie Bush who has a nice schedule over the next few weeks.
I don't see how this is a big question. I would trade him for those guys in an instant.And I love Reggie Bush. Reggie Bush is a big time buy IMO.

Sell High:

Michael Crabtree

Don't let Buffalo's defense that made Alex Smith look like a Hall of Famer confuse you. Their division plays defense. And a lot of it.

Further thoughts:

Ben Roethlisberger- Throwing it 40+ times every game, and now he has a running game with Mendy back. Should have had 3 TDs today but for lateral rules, an easy drop and a pass int penalty.

Tony Romo- Currently has 5 TDs, 8 INTs in 4 games. There's no way that doesn't correct itself, whether you like him or not. Could this guy get hot down the stretch? They don't have the most challenging schedule...

On tap:

Steve Smith . Car

Gates

Andre J

Jennings

Colston (on bye, maybe theory is 'sell high' to owner, offer high, buy high, stays high)

Amendola (get Givens/Gibson now, hold and wait for Amendola to return)

Selling low players who may just stay low:

Garcon

Newton

Last edited by a moderator:
Today the buy low windows on Murray and DMC end.
Agreed, though from my experience both weren't really buy low players since their owners expect the same. Another bad week for either of them and you'll definitely have some panicking and frustrated owners. But at that point, you have to wonder if they are actually buy low players that will turn it around.

Im gonna try and buy low on Reggie Bush in both my leagues. He has a REALLY easy schedule coming up after the bye

sell marshawn lynch. buy afc west players. buy chris and andre johnson if cheap enough.
They played catch up mode most of the game, and Andre still didn't get 100 yards or a TD.I would be selling for below market value, if I needed to. He is not going to get this many targets again, any time soon. The Texans are not going to be playing from behind much, and don't throw enough otherwise.

Find someone that still values his name, and trade him for a high end WR2, which is more than what Andre is right now.

ETA: Trade him for Bowe, before Cassel gets back, Nicks, before he reaches 80%, or to a Dez/Jordy owner thinking he is selling high.

sell marshawn lynch. buy afc west players. buy chris and andre johnson if cheap enough.
Because he has had some off games against some good run defense? If anything the emergence of an actual passing attack means teams can't stack the box against him. SF should be tough next week but I think he's a great buy low after that for the rest of the season.

Because he has had some off games against some good run defense? If anything the emergence of an actual passing attack means teams can't stack the box against him. SF should be tough next week but I think he's a great buy low after that for the rest of the season.
They still have a brutal run schedule. I love Lynch but he still has two games against the 49ers (once in week 16), one game against the Cardinals (week 14), and games against the Dolphins, Vikings, and Bears. That's five of his remaining nine games against tough run defenses. Plus he still hasn't had his bye week.

They still have a brutal run schedule. I love Lynch but he still has two games against the 49ers (once in week 16), one game against the Cardinals (week 14), and games against the Dolphins, Vikings, and Bears. That's five of his remaining nine games against tough run defenses. Plus he still hasn't had his bye week.
yep, this. and he will max out on 9 td's this year. trade him while his value is still about the same as it was beginning of the season. after he gets shut out thursday night, owners will begin to catch on. he is THE sell high right now, imo.

yep, this. and he will max out on 9 td's this year. trade him while his value is still about the same as it was beginning of the season. after he gets shut out thursday night, owners will begin to catch on. he is THE sell high right now, imo.
Agreed. Marshawn Lynch for Reggie Bush would be a great move if Lynch owners can pull it off.

Yes, they're all good D's but they're also very average offenses who won't do much vs the Seattle D. Marshawn will get plenty of carries and will remain a solid, if unspectacular, RB1. I'll take Marshawn all day long, especially since the chances of getting an elite RB for him without ldamaging your team elsewhere is very slim.

AP also has a very tough schedule down the stretch, but has only scored in one game so far this year?

Does talent trump schedule?

At least in PPR he gets points to pad his scoreless games.

AP also has a very tough schedule down the stretch, but has only scored in one game so far this year?Does talent trump schedule?At least in PPR he gets points to pad his scoreless games.
there are very few cases where I'd say talent trumps schedule. AP is one of them.

I need some WR/TE targets.

Here's a few ideas:

Lloyd: disappointing and expectations have to be changed but still going to produce

Either Steelers WR: owner might be more frustrated than they should be

Hernandez: still getting healthy so might be cheap still

Hartline: on bye coming off a bagel, solid matchup play still

who else are you targeting?

Sell High:

Johnathan Dwyer

Stevan Ridley if you still can

Buy High

Peyton Manning (might have the best fantasy schedule of any quarterback left)

Arian Foster

Buy Low

Jimmy Graham

DMC

Steve Smith

Sell Low

Cam Newton

Steve Jackson

Another buy low:

Hakeem Nicks. He's been back 2 weeks already but so far numbers are modest. As his knee improves, so should his production.

buy low on mcfadden still? also steve smith(panthers)?
Buy now if you still can. that window is closing or closed already. cake schedule.
Im mcfadden didnt do it vs Jax, Im doubting he will
Yeah, McFadden is a fire sale guy now.
yeah im beginning to think thats the case. good luck finding someone who has a little faith he will bounce back

Heath Miller is on pace for 10+TDs...that has never happened. I would sell high but that's me.
I "sold high" a couple of weeks ago and now wish I hadn't. Haley's offense seems to feature Miller a lot, especially in the red zone. And Ben has said that is by design this year. I think he's probably going to end up with similar fantasy numbers to Mike Wallace overall (more TDs, obviously, less yardage).

Buying Torrey Smith. Comes out of the bye with @CLE, OAK, @PIT, @SD. Hoping the Ravens clean things up on the bye and get back to what was working in the first part of the season.

Heath Miller is on pace for 10+TDs...that has never happened. I would sell high but that's me.
Steelers are a passing offense with no good red zone target or good RB to get the ball in the end zone. Miller is probably the best red zone target they have. On another note, just bought Gore for the stretch run....has a tough schedule but considering what he did vs. a stout Sea defense I thought he was a decent buy. He's the #1 rb on a run 1st offense and A. Smith is melting down so they may rely more on Gore going forward.

Anyone else think it's a prudent move to sell high on RGIII? His stats are dazzling, but the risk of further injury is undeniable. In a redraft league, of course it would depend on who else you've got at QB and what the potential price would be.

I've got Matty Ice and Ive been offered AJ Green, but it's still so hard to pull the trigger...

Anyone else think it's a prudent move to sell high on RGIII? His stats are dazzling, but the risk of further injury is undeniable. In a redraft league, of course it would depend on who else you've got at QB and what the potential price would be. I've got Matty Ice and Ive been offered AJ Green, but it's still so hard to pull the trigger...
Dynasty, no way.But if you have a solid backup at QB like Rivers or Freeman, and you need RBs or WRs, I think you could get a lot for RGIII.

Anyone else think it's a prudent move to sell high on RGIII? His stats are dazzling, but the risk of further injury is undeniable. In a redraft league, of course it would depend on who else you've got at QB and what the potential price would be. I've got Matty Ice and Ive been offered AJ Green, but it's still so hard to pull the trigger...
You've got Matty Ice and RG3 and been offered AJ Green for RG3?I'd do it..Only in re-draft, obviously.

Yeah what exactly are you waiting on there? Do you intend to find a way to play both Ryan & RG3? You're past Ryan's bye week -- do it.

Users who are viewing this thread