What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Buffalo Wild Wings (1 Viewer)

Plus, you just KNOW that serious softball guy is sucking down diet coke or iced tea at a rate that drain a small pond. Why not sit at the bar for faster refill service vs. forcing the server to run suicides to keep pace.
wat
You just don't strike me as the type of guy who consumes beer between softball games. :shrug:
I don't consume copious amounts, but I drink beer during a tourney. May decide not to in nationals or worlds, but even then no way is me or anyone else drinking diet coke or iced tea. It's either coconut water with a 5 hr energy or some sort of hydrating energy drink.

Softball = serious business.

Diet Coke = unhealthy #### dweebs drink

Plus, you just KNOW that serious softball guy is sucking down diet coke or iced tea at a rate that drain a small pond. Why not sit at the bar for faster refill service vs. forcing the server to run suicides to keep pace.
wat
You just don't strike me as the type of guy who consumes beer between softball games. :shrug:
I don't consume copious amounts, but I drink beer during a tourney. May decide not to in nationals or worlds, but even then no way is me or anyone else drinking diet coke or iced tea. It's either coconut water with a 5 hr energy or some sort of hydrating energy drink.

Softball = serious business.

Homo.

I cryogenically freeze my bladder for rec league.

wat
I don't consume copious amounts, but I drink beer during a tourney. May decide not to in nationals or worlds, but even then no way is me or anyone else drinking diet coke or iced tea. It's either coconut water with a 5 hr energy or some sort of hydrating energy drink. Softball = serious business.

Coconut water is $$. Puts Gatorade to shame.

Used to be one of my favorite places 15 years ago. Still occasionally when I have the craving, but food quality has gone down and prices have gone way up.

Still love the beer/TVs.

If you make them on your own, the price is about 25 cents each. That's buying the 10 pound bag of frozen ice-glazed wings, with about 100 wings per bag at $23.52 from Costco. These might be bigger than those at BWW, so the mark-up is at least 4 times. BTW, the Costco wings are great grilled - just put them on the grill straight from the freezer. I usually buy the wing sauce from a local place.

I used to go to the original on High St when I went to school at Ohio State. It was orignailly called Buffalo Wild Wings and Weck, and we called it BW3s. It was an old bar turned into a wing joint. Looked nothing like what the chain has become now. The original was great and the wings were awesome. The food the chain serves sucks now, but has more TVs than that old bar did.

I used to go to the original on High St when I went to school at Ohio State. It was orignailly called Buffalo Wild Wings and Weck, and we called it BW3s. It was an old bar turned into a wing joint. Looked nothing like what the chain has become now. The original was great and the wings were awesome. The food the chain serves sucks now, but has more TVs than that old bar did.
:goodposting:

Lived a couple houses up Lane when I went to OSU and frequented this bar. Sadly they put up a megamall of BWs across the street. The original was a dive bar that actually cared.

wat
I don't consume copious amounts, but I drink beer during a tourney. May decide not to in nationals or worlds, but even then no way is me or anyone else drinking diet coke or iced tea. It's either coconut water with a 5 hr energy or some sort of hydrating energy drink. Softball = serious business.

Keep in' it real at halftime: https://mobile.twitter.com/BryanAGraham/status/428588355404591104/photo/1?screen_name=BryanAGraham

wat

:thumbup: This guy knows what he is talking about.

TV setup is about the best you will find in a sports bar, beer specials are decent if you like downing 100+ oz of american lite beers, wing quality and price are below average, sauces and rubs are as good as anywhere.

Only reason to go to bww is for Sunday afternoon games or the semi hot 18-22 year old hoochies that work there. Don't think I've met a bww waitress who isn't dtf.

Don't know if this is just local, but the nearby BWWs have a Blazing wing-eating challenge. Eat 12 of their hottest wings in 3 minutes or less. And you can't use a napkin during the challenge.

I might be able to get 12 wings down in 3 minutes, but I have to use a napkin. That sauce burns the #### out of your lips!

wat

I played two years of softball and never recorded a hit, but struck out at least 15 times. Slow pitch softball. Oh, and I was on a Division I baseball team.

What should I drink?

Don't know if this is just local, but the nearby BWWs have a Blazing wing-eating challenge. Eat 12 of their hottest wings in 3 minutes or less. And you can't use a napkin during the challenge.

I might be able to get 12 wings down in 3 minutes, but I have to use a napkin. That sauce burns the #### out of your lips!
Six minutes here in Minnesota

I did it in 3:27. It isn't the sauce that is all that hot. What hurts is the fact that you eat them straight from the fryer. I am not kidding, they came straight from the fryer and they cook them a little bit crispier so that is the sucky thing. No napkins, no drink, no wiping your face with your hands, no dipping sauce, etc...

If you make them on your own, the price is about 25 cents each. That's buying the 10 pound bag of frozen ice-glazed wings, with about 100 wings per bag at $23.52 from Costco. These might be bigger than those at BWW, so the mark-up is at least 4 times. BTW, the Costco wings are great grilled - just put them on the grill straight from the freezer. I usually buy the wing sauce from a local place.
What I used to eat a while back using their sauce was to make homemade meatballs, or you can buy Simeks, and pour the spicy garlic BW3 sauce on them and then bake the meatballs. Friends used to gobble those things up during Super Bowl parties

wat

I played two years of softball and never recorded a hit, but struck out at least 15 times. Slow pitch softball. Oh, and I was on a Division I baseball team.

What should I drink?
Be sure to drink your Ovaltine

TV setup is about the best you will find in a sports bar,
Maybe a chain sports bar, but otherwise, no.
While calling it the "best" is a tricky thing to say, BW3 pretty much nails it for my tastes.

4 huge screens with about 15 or smaller screens scattered about.

It's clearly marked which games are playing where, and it's generally a sensible allocation.

Bar set up to be able to watch as many games as you can keep up with.

They aren't ever going to have some confused waitress trying to change 8 screens at once to appease everyone's requests, only to end up pissing off everyone

That's really all I care about. Give me a bunch of TVs and don't change #### after I've strategically figured out where to set up shop.

The BWW locations in the Memphis area, Tupelo MS, and Trussville AL are the ones I go to frequently. They might be the non company owned ones because they are all very good. I order all drummies and those things are huge. The jammin jalepeno sauce they came out with not too long ago is the ####. Caribbean jerk is great too. Great place to watch a game and drink some beer. I don't like the way they changed the pricing lately. Makes 50 cent wings Tuesday even a better deal though.

Their food, other than wings, chili con queso, and nachos sucks terribly though.

I dont like buffalo wings. I dont like eating anything with my hands that is drenched in messy sauce. When I eat BBQ or fried chicken I use 2 forks to tear it apart. Cant stand grease on my hands either. Sometimes even just looking at fried food makes me ill

I dont like buffalo wings. I dont like eating anything with my hands that is drenched in messy sauce. When I eat BBQ or fried chicken I use 2 forks to tear it apart. Cant stand grease on my hands either. Sometimes even just looking at fried food makes me ill
The bar is set pretty high, but this might be the most ridiculous thing you've ever posted.

ETA: My apologies if you thought you were posting in the Female FFA thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
The bar is set pretty high, but this might be the most ridiculous thing you've ever posted.ETA: My apologies if you thought you were posting in the Female FFA thread.
What is ridiculous about not enjoying food all over your hands?

The bar is set pretty high, but this might be the most ridiculous thing you've ever posted.ETA: My apologies if you thought you were posting in the Female FFA thread.
What is ridiculous about not enjoying food all over your hands?
CHICKEN WINGS?!?!?!?

Users who are viewing this thread