What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Bucs at Colts** (-2.5, 44.5) 1:00 (1 Viewer)

Bucs D is a hot mess.
Baker gives them a punchers chance,but I think Taylor rules...

Colts- 30
Bucs- 20

Any significance to Vaugh being inactive while Tucker seemingly not?
I’d say they might be somewhat concerned about White and may limit him in short yardage. Vaughn is a better blocker but Tucker is a better runner.

They may plan to give him some Carrie’s today that White would normally get.

Just speculating though. Don’t hinge your fantasy day on it and then get upset at me!

Any significance to Vaugh being inactive while Tucker seemingly not?
I’d say they might be somewhat concerned about White and may limit him in short yardage. Vaughn is a better blocker but Tucker is a better runner.

They may plan to give him some Carrie’s today that White would normally get.

Just speculating though. Don’t hinge your fantasy day on it and then get upset at me!
Ha, not at all. Just curious since I'd thought Tucker was at the bottom in prior weeks.

Ugg Baker hurt Evans nearly scored and White would got the ball but an offsides and refs stopped the play all lead to Baker getting injured since he snuck it.

Needed that Evans TD.

I had a teammate wanting to bench Taylor for Ford because of the matchups I said no way we can bench Taylor

Yes sir Mr Taylor. Rest of season Colts play against mediocre offenses. Could be epic finish for him. Finish this season strong and end as a locked and loaded top 5 fantasy pick next year.

After Moss whiffed the block on 3rd and 10 last drive, I imagine we'll be seeing more Taylor on 3rd downs. Should be good for his reception numbers, but Minshew is blind to the flat.

Dear Bucs Fans,

MoP has been pretty quiet most of the season, tried to point out where the weaknesses were...I'm coming into the team thread this week and I won't back down, are we clear?
-i know the Phins are my #1 and Bucs #2 but...I've seen enough and it's time to start thinking about the future, one where there's no Tom Brady because so far they haven't moved in the right direction, getting a bad aid like Mayfield only makes it worse, 4-7 after today, losing to a Colts team that had a devastating injury at QB...Bucs should be trying to get a top 3 pick in '24, instead they pretend like they have enough talent and do not need to start a total rebuild

-Listen to me, when you ain't got a QB which the Bucs DO NOT have a franchise QB, when you ain't got a franchise QB, you're in total rebuild mode whether you know/beleive it or not

Sincerely,
MoP

And I love all of you, sincerely the ride/joy of the Bucs in 2020 was incredible but we are at least 2-3 years removed from that now, time to rebuild for the future and that means EVERYONE is on the trade blocks, especially those that cost a lot of money.

At this point in the game I feed Taylor carries. If he can't get first and grind out clock you deal with it. Don't get cute

Colts defense not great but been solid. Outside final game against Houston they might be favored the next 5 games.

@Ministry of Pain

I’m not saying Baker is the guy or anything, but he has at least been serviceable.

Todd Bowles has no interest in the future of this franchise. He thought he could get a decent enough vet QB and win ugly. He’s a defensive head coach with a terrible defense that has lost 6 of 7 games.

Bowles already chose to move away from giving a young QB that’s on the roster (Trask) a chance. Bowles can develop DBs, but that’s about it. He doesn’t want to develop a QB. If by some miracle he’s the head coach next season it’ll probably be Baker again on a franchise tag. Likely without Mike Evans.

Until there’s a reset at the top it won’t matter.

@Ministry of Pain

I’m not saying Baker is the guy or anything, but he has at least been serviceable.

Todd Bowles has no interest in the future of this franchise. He thought he could get a decent enough vet QB and win ugly. He’s a defensive head coach with a terrible defense that has lost 6 of 7 games.

Bowles already chose to move away from giving a young QB that’s on the roster (Trask) a chance. Bowles can develop DBs, but that’s about it. He doesn’t want to develop a QB. If by some miracle he’s the head coach next season it’ll probably be Baker again on a franchise tag. Likely without Mike Evans.

Let's go with your post
:lol:

They'll be so thankful, you took the words out of my mouth, maybe this was the better thread to hash all this out.
Good post

@Ministry of Pain

Let's go with your post
:lol:

They'll be so thankful, you took the words out of my mouth, maybe this was the better thread to hash all this out.
Good post
The Bucs are paying the bill on their Super Bowl and 3 year run with Tom Brady. We knew we had $72M in dead cap to eat this year and the plan was always Trask and a cheap vet. Hope one of them emerges. What I didn't expect was Baker to actually play somewhat well, the offense to look fairly good at times under Canales, and then the defense to completely implode under Todd Bowles' watch.

They have also been extremely fortunate without any injuries to key players so far and are still 4-7. They don't have that excuse the way some of these other teams do. The division being bad just makes it worse because if you had some competent coaching you feel like it's yours for the taking. And with the Falcons winning today they're still only 1 game out. Win a few in a row and they're right in it!

As of now they'd pick 7th and every team in front of them needs a QB. They need a plan. A purpose. Some sense of direction. Todd Bowles isn't it. I don't know that the 4th or 5th best QB in the first round of the draft is either. Maybe MHJr. or Nabers, or Bowers falls in their lap in the first then go QB in round 2. I'd be fine with that. Especially if Evans leaves.

Tough spot to be in as a Bucs' fan. I have the 2020 Super Bowl run on my DVR. I can always just watch Tom Brady beat 3 HOF QB's in a row.

@Ministry of Pain

Almost 0 chance Bowles is the coach next year. I’m not even sure I’d bet he’s the coach next week.

@Ministry of Pain

Almost 0 chance Bowles is the coach next year. I’m not even sure I’d bet he’s the coach next week.
The Glazers have never fired a HC in season, but lose to Carolina at home? Yeah, I could see it.

@Ministry of Pain

The Glazers have never fired a HC in season, but lose to Carolina at home? Yeah, I could see it.
Yea losing to a 1-10 team at home that just fired their coach should break precedent.

That said, there really is no reason to fire a coach mid-season.

@Ministry of Pain

Yea losing to a 1-10 team at home that just fired their coach should break precedent.

That said, there really is no reason to fire a coach mid-season.
At this point just let him continue to lose. Firing him may spark them into a divisional win and another beat-down in the first round of the playoffs.

Users who are viewing this thread