What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brandon Jacobs to start over Bradshaw (1 Viewer)

Ahmad Bradshaw - RB - Giants

Giants coach Tom Coughlin has announced that Brandon Jacobs will start in place of Ahmad Bradshaw in Week 12.

Nov. 24 - 11:20 a.m. ET

Source: Ralph Vacchiano on Twitter

Adam_Schefter Giants HC Tom Coughlin said RB Brandon Jacobs will start Sunday ahead of Ahmad Bradshaw. Doesn't mean Jacobs plays more, but he starts.

we know from the body of their work over the past several years that Bradshaw is a much better RB than Jacobs, so this can't last long if the Giants want to make the playoffs.

we know from the body of their work over the past several years that Bradshaw is a much better RB than Jacobs, so this can't last long if the Giants want to make the playoffs.
Bradshaw needs to hold onto the damn ball and not turn it over if the Giants want to make the playoffs.

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
Jacobs fumbles just as much as Bradshaw does
They should be trying to help Bradshaw correct the mistake not punishing him. But whatever. Coughlin's a genius. :rolleyes:

Bradshaw needs to hold onto the damn ball and not turn it over if the Giants want to make the playoffs.
Well Eli's thrown 16 picks this year. Guess Coughlin better through Sage in there to teach him a lesson. :rolleyes:

Why does anyone care who starts? It is all about touches, If BJ starts and gets more touches for the game that is a cause of concern, but I don`t think that is going to happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
eoMMan said:
bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
Jacobs fumbles just as much as Bradshaw does SUCKS
fixed
I agree with both.Bradshaw has had the worst fumble luck of any RB I've ever seen. I read somewhere that he has 6 fumbles and 5 have been lost, since fumble recovery is pretty much 100% luck, its amazing how unlucky Bradshaw has been.

Hopefully this will be just a start of the game type thing, because the Giants are nuts if they think Jacobs does anything better than Bradshaw. If they lose to the Jags, there is a good chance their season is in big trouble.

This offense is going to struggle big time. What an absolute mess. Defenses can stack the box again and Eli doesn't have the weapons to beat them. Expect a lot of 3 and outs.

A lot of Bradshaw owners in here.Jacobs is outperforming Bradshaw this year.Jacobs is 78 for 387 with a 5.0ypc and 1 fumbleBradshaw is 185 for 867 with a 4.7ypc and 6 fumbles.Jacobs gives the Giants their best shot to make the playoffs.

A lot of Bradshaw owners in here.Jacobs is outperforming Bradshaw this year.Jacobs is 78 for 387 with a 5.0ypc and 1 fumbleBradshaw is 185 for 867 with a 4.7ypc and 6 fumbles.Jacobs gives the Giants their best shot to make the playoffs.
Apparently there is at least 1 Jacobs owner left as well- I guess the passing game doesn't matter?The combo of Bradshaw and Jacobs gives the Giants the best shot to make the playoffs. If they only had to choose one, it's still Bradshaw by far.

Why does anyone care who starts? It is all about touches...
I may be wrong, but I'm guessing there's a pretty strong correlation between starting and touches.
If BJ starts and gets more touches for the game that is a cause of concern, but I don`t think that is going to happen.
That's all people are really asking here. They are wondering how the touches might shake out.

Why does anyone care who starts? It is all about touches, If BJ starts and gets more touches for the game that is a cause of concern, but I don`t think that is going to happen.
I think they are going to try. Both guys should get plenty of action. Guessing Manning's numbers take a hit while his #1 & #2 WRs are out.

:rant: Bradshaw has been just about as consistent a RB as you could have this year. Up until last week he had 10+ points in every game but one (Week 2 @Indy) regardless of the fumbles. That's the kind of guy I like to have as a RB2 or flex play as I know exactly what I'm getting when plugging him in.

Jacobs has been much better this year than in years past, but I think it's due to him spelling Bradshaw. He's much better when coming off of the bench.

I think at most Coughlin goes back to where Jacobs and Bradshaw rotate each series. The carries may go down for Bradshaw to more 50-50, I don't think carries will go 2-1 in favor of Jacobs as Garafolo speculates in his article.

So is Bradshaw still a must start this week?
He's only 5th in the league in rushing.... you should bench him. :lmao:This is nothing more than a statement by Coughlin to Bradshaw... touches will be the same. Jacobs just gets to start the game.

:wall: Bradshaw has been just about as consistent a RB as you could have this year. Up until last week he had 10+ points in every game but one (Week 2 @Indy) regardless of the fumbles. That's the kind of guy I like to have as a RB2 or flex play as I know exactly what I'm getting when plugging him in.

Jacobs has been much better this year than in years past, but I think it's due to him spelling Bradshaw. He's much better when coming off of the bench.
Years past? or do you mean better than last year when he was hurt?Brandon Jacobs

2007 202 for 1009 with a 5.0ypc and 4 TDs

2008 219 for 1089 with a 5.0ypc and 15 TDs

2009 he slumped when he was injured. He's back to averaging 5.0ypc this year now that he's healthy and he is the best shot the Giants have at winning because he has as many fumbles in the last three years combined that Bradshaw does this year so far.

This cracks me up. Bench your starting running back for a few fumbles. How many starting QB's get pulled for unnecessary turnovers. I haven't seen Eli benched for his INT's or fumbles.

I saw the writing on the wall after watching the past 2 games. Bradshaw used to look like he could take it to the house every time he touched the ball. Lately, everytime he touched it I hoped he would not fumble or get hurt. He is getting swarmed and not hitting long runs. He has talent but with Eli losing his receivers Bradshaw is just floundering a bit and fumbling due to trying to make something out of nothing.

I traded Bradshaw for Forte yesterday and was ridiculed pretty heavily for it. If Bradshaw fumbles one more time, I'll get the last laugh.

Or if Jacobs splits and gets goal line then I win. Either way, I feel much safer with Forte in my lineup than Bradshaw right now.

:goodposting: Bradshaw has been just about as consistent a RB as you could have this year. Up until last week he had 10+ points in every game but one (Week 2 @Indy) regardless of the fumbles. That's the kind of guy I like to have as a RB2 or flex play as I know exactly what I'm getting when plugging him in.

Years past? or do you mean better than last year when he was hurt?Brandon Jacobs

2009 he slumped when he was injured. He's back to averaging 5.0ypc this year now that he's healthy and he is the best shot the Giants have at winning because he has as many fumbles in the last three years combined that Bradshaw does this year so far.
Did he get his helmet back?

:goodposting: Bradshaw has been just about as consistent a RB as you could have this year. Up until last week he had 10+ points in every game but one (Week 2 @Indy) regardless of the fumbles. That's the kind of guy I like to have as a RB2 or flex play as I know exactly what I'm getting when plugging him in. Jacobs has been much better this year than in years past, but I think it's due to him spelling Bradshaw. He's much better when coming off of the bench.
Coughlin has Foster and AP as his starting RB's on his fantasy team, so he obviously doesnt care much about Bradshaw's production at this point.

:goodposting: Bradshaw has been just about as consistent a RB as you could have this year. Up until last week he had 10+ points in every game but one (Week 2 @Indy) regardless of the fumbles. That's the kind of guy I like to have as a RB2 or flex play as I know exactly what I'm getting when plugging him in.

Let us not forget that Bradshaw was hurt last year to and played well thru it, so using that as an excuse is pretty lame. Also keep in mind how much of Jacobs production came in garbage time. Jacobs isnt the same back he was 2 years ago, which is why he didnt have the starting job coming into the year. Bradshaw is the complete back there and may fumble yes but AP did to and nobody was screaming for him to be benched. Bradshaw runs tougher then Jacobs despite his smaller size, and hustles as shown by his forced fumble on Samuel last week.

:wall: Bradshaw has been just about as consistent a RB as you could have this year. Up until last week he had 10+ points in every game but one (Week 2 @Indy) regardless of the fumbles. That's the kind of guy I like to have as a RB2 or flex play as I know exactly what I'm getting when plugging him in. Jacobs has been much better this year than in years past, but I think it's due to him spelling Bradshaw. He's much better when coming off of the bench.
Coughlin has Foster and AP as his starting RB's on his fantasy team, so he obviously doesnt care much about Bradshaw's production at this point.
He would if he had to play a flex. Dummy coughlin.

:wall: Bradshaw has been just about as consistent a RB as you could have this year. Up until last week he had 10+ points in every game but one (Week 2 @Indy) regardless of the fumbles. That's the kind of guy I like to have as a RB2 or flex play as I know exactly what I'm getting when plugging him in. Jacobs has been much better this year than in years past, but I think it's due to him spelling Bradshaw. He's much better when coming off of the bench.
He picked up Blount as his flex a few weeks ago....

Yeah you'd think with Bradshaw's forced fumble last week that it would have at least won him some points. Okay he lost a fumble but he forced one isn't that pretty much even?

I watch every Giant game (almost forced here in NY). Jacobs looks terrible. Bradshaw needs to have Tiki teach him how to hold onto the ball.

:thumbup: Bradshaw has been just about as consistent a RB as you could have this year. Up until last week he had 10+ points in every game but one (Week 2 @Indy) regardless of the fumbles. That's the kind of guy I like to have as a RB2 or flex play as I know exactly what I'm getting when plugging him in. Jacobs has been much better this year than in years past, but I think it's due to him spelling Bradshaw. He's much better when coming off of the bench.
He picked up Blount as his flex a few weeks ago....
That jerk. Bradshaw is way better than Blount. Unless he's playing the guy with Bradshaw this week. Then it all makes sense. :goodposting:

Let us not forget that Bradshaw was hurt last year to and played well thru it, so using that as an excuse is pretty lame. Also keep in mind how much of Jacobs production came in garbage time. Jacobs isnt the same back he was 2 years ago, which is why he didnt have the starting job coming into the year. Bradshaw is the complete back there and may fumble yes but AP did to and nobody was screaming for him to be benched. Bradshaw runs tougher then Jacobs despite his smaller size, and hustles as shown by his forced fumble on Samuel last week.
Nobody is using injury as an excuse for anything. My response was directed at the the implication that Jacobs has sucked for years.Comparing Bradshaw to Adrian Peterson is funny. Really? Adrian Peterson? Bradshaw was a 7th round pick for a reason. He's being benched because there is a viable player on the team who can actually hold on to the ball when he runs. Bradshaw is what he is and that is a pretty good tandem in a RBBC with Jacobs as the lead.

I'm sorry if that ruins your fantasy season, but the Giants could care less. The numbers don't lie.

Nobody is using injury as an excuse for anything. My response was directed at the the implication that Jacobs has sucked for years.Comparing Bradshaw to Adrian Peterson is funny. Really? Adrian Peterson? Bradshaw was a 7th round pick for a reason. He's being benched because there is a viable player on the team who can actually hold on to the ball when he runs. Bradshaw is what he is and that is a pretty good tandem in a RBBC with Jacobs as the lead.I'm sorry if that ruins your fantasy season, but the Giants could care less. The numbers don't lie.
Actually, they kind of do. Jacobs 2 best seasons were 07 and 08 when he was splitting carries with Ward. When he got more carries last year, he produced less. Bradshaw's first season of full work was this season and so far he has the 5th most rushing yards in the league and is on pace for over 1400 total yards. Jacobs never even came close to that. Adrian Peterson numbers are something that Bradshaw has the talent to achieve. Jacobs can never get there. It doesn't matter where a guy was drafted. Terrell Davis was 6th round and he's a borderline HOFer. Bradshaw is a talent. Coughlin is an idiot for not doing everything he can to correct his fumbling like Tiki or AP. Punishing a kid who is trying his hardest for the team is not going to help him hold on to the ball more. Its going to make him take more risks to make up for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody is using injury as an excuse for anything. My response was directed at the the implication that Jacobs has sucked for years.Comparing Bradshaw to Adrian Peterson is funny. Really? Adrian Peterson? Bradshaw was a 7th round pick for a reason. He's being benched because there is a viable player on the team who can actually hold on to the ball when he runs. Bradshaw is what he is and that is a pretty good tandem in a RBBC with Jacobs as the lead.I'm sorry if that ruins your fantasy season, but the Giants could care less. The numbers don't lie.
This is laughable..yea Bradshaw really has sucked as the workhorse this year :goodposting: using where he was drafted is about as useless of an argument as there is....countless guys have come from the late rounds to be stars and countless top picks have been busts..Jacobs has looked good in garbage time this year I will give him that, theres a reason he wasnt even the consistent goal line back, because Bradshaw is a tougher runner.

I would be a little bit worried as a Bradshaw owner. Jacobs is back to 2007/08 form from what I've gathered watching Giants games, and with less physical defenses coming up in the schedule such as the Eagles, we may even start to see Jacobs getting the majority of carries at some point in these games.

I watch every Giant game (almost forced here in NY). Jacobs looks terrible. Bradshaw needs to have Tiki teach him how to hold onto the ball.
They have the same RB coach that Tiki credits with having taught him to hang onto the ball.

With their top receivers out, they're going to try and run more period.

More touches for both players.

Also, for Giants fans and the cynical Insein, using both running backs is a good idea because it will keep everyone fresh for the playoff push. Probably the same reason Charles doesn't get 30 carries a game for KC. It may not be the best move fantasy-wise, but it's a good football decision.

Nobody is using injury as an excuse for anything. My response was directed at the the implication that Jacobs has sucked for years.

Comparing Bradshaw to Adrian Peterson is funny. Really? Adrian Peterson? Bradshaw was a 7th round pick for a reason. He's being benched because there is a viable player on the team who can actually hold on to the ball when he runs. Bradshaw is what he is and that is a pretty good tandem in a RBBC with Jacobs as the lead.

I'm sorry if that ruins your fantasy season, but the Giants could care less. The numbers don't lie.
This is laughable..yea Bradshaw really has sucked as the workhorse this year :goodposting: using where he was drafted is about as useless of an argument as there is....countless guys have come from the late rounds to be stars and countless top picks have been busts..Jacobs has looked good in garbage time this year I will give him that, theres a reason he wasnt even the consistent goal line back, because Bradshaw is a tougher runner.
Really? I was going to ask you to list all of the 1000 yard rushers in NFL history who were drafted in the 7th round, but the list is so small that I'll do it for you:Craig James SF

Marion Butts SD

Jamal Anderson ATL

Derrick Ward NYG

That's it. Four of them. Every single one of them except Jamal Anderson could only do it once. Pretty funny and useless, huh?

I would be a little bit worried as a Bradshaw owner. Jacobs is back to 2007/08 form from what I've gathered watching Giants games, and with less physical defenses coming up in the schedule such as the Eagles, we may even start to see Jacobs getting the majority of carries at some point in these games.
:goodposting: Jacobs has been terrible at short yardage this season. When he comes in defenses are pretty certain it's a run. And now with injuries making it so the Giants can't run to the left, Jacobs has only 3 gaps where he's an effective runner, between the C and RG, and between the RG and RT and between RT and TE. He can't make the turn past the TE before the defense. And with Jacobs there isn't a threat of a cutback.

Did you not just see what the Eagles D did to your Giants? Eagles rush D is underrated.

Users who are viewing this thread