What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brand Spanking new ***OFFICIAL*** Ohio State Buckeyes thread! (1 Viewer)

Adorable, sir.
It makes me so happy when I watch it,  but she isn't a big fan of me showing it, given she's a 15 yr old teen girl.  Though she has been high fiving and hugging me all game.  Heaven.  So sad this is my last at home.

The other adjustments this team makes are incredible.   They getbgashed and before you know it,  shut down.  Such a fun season. 

Did the Michigan thread simply implode today? Can’t find it anywhere. Was hoping to read some pre-2020 National Championship / Heisman / Crooting hype over there.

Interesting to see how it shakes out this morning.   They have grit,  for sure.  Great season and the pantry will still be fully stocked next season.   

I don't like it, but I get it. That first half was the excuse the committee was looking for to bump LSU ahead. Screw 'em. Let's go do to Clemson what they did to us a couple years back, then roll over whoever comes out of the other game.

I don't like it, but I get it. That first half was the excuse the committee was looking for to bump LSU ahead. Screw 'em. Let's go do to Clemson what they did to us a couple years back, then roll over whoever comes out of the other game.
Sure but the way they dominated the 2nd half you think would excuse the worst 2 quarters they’ve played all year. Still, I think it’s good to have some extra motivation because it definitely looked like we lacked it yesterday. 

Agreed about the seeding, but there is no point in #####ing about it.  You will have to play 2 good teams either way.  Just play what you have in front of you.  I am 100% confident that they will come out ready and they have proven that they can adjust in the 2nd quarter or 2nd half better than anyone.

Now, the early signing period is almost upon us. . .

Now, the early signing period is almost upon us. . .
This upcoming recruiting season has me intrigued.

For me, Day has passed the “head coaching” test as well as he possibly could - I know, Captain Obvious! His ability to adjust, not panic, remain calm, etc has been awesome! Our team has been prepared for every game this season unlike anything I have ever seen. Even when we got punched in the mouth Saturday night, the team responded properly and that comes from preparation. This man can coach!! 

I also think he is a going to be a great developer of the talent he has. I think Olave is an example of that. From what I remember, Day found Olave while scouting someone else. Olave was a 3 star recruit I believe and to see how Olave has developed since The Game in 2018 to now has been amazing (lots of credit to Hartline as well!)!  

The big question for me is can Day consistently recruit top 5 classes. I don’t follow recruiting enough to have a very strong opinion on it, but this obviously separates the elite programs from everyone else. There are plenty of amazing coaches that because of their school, location or their personalities can not recruit at elite levels every year. I think this was Urban’s greatest strength. He kept the coffers full EVERY YEAR. Can Day keep it going? Will he drive and push as hard as Urban? I tend to think Day will be a top recruiter, but we shall see.

In the end, I have been thinking and I believe that Urban’s greatest contribution to The Ohio State University may be the hiring of  Ryan Day! Coach Day appears to be ELITE! 

Go Bucks!! 

This upcoming recruiting season has me intrigued.

For me, Day has passed the “head coaching” test as well as he possibly could - I know, Captain Obvious! His ability to adjust, not panic, remain calm, etc has been awesome! Our team has been prepared for every game this season unlike anything I have ever seen. Even when we got punched in the mouth Saturday night, the team responded properly and that comes from preparation. This man can coach!! 

I also think he is a going to be a great developer of the talent he has. I think Olave is an example of that. From what I remember, Day found Olave while scouting someone else. Olave was a 3 star recruit I believe and to see how Olave has developed since The Game in 2018 to now has been amazing (lots of credit to Hartline as well!)!  

The big question for me is can Day consistently recruit top 5 classes. I don’t follow recruiting enough to have a very strong opinion on it, but this obviously separates the elite programs from everyone else. There are plenty of amazing coaches that because of their school, location or their personalities can not recruit at elite levels every year. I think this was Urban’s greatest strength. He kept the coffers full EVERY YEAR. Can Day keep it going? Will he drive and push as hard as Urban? I tend to think Day will be a top recruiter, but we shall see.

In the end, I have been thinking and I believe that Urban’s greatest contribution to The Ohio State University may be the hiring of  Ryan Day! Coach Day appears to be ELITE! 

Go Bucks!! 
Well, we currently have the #1, 4 and 5 WR's in this incoming class.  We are ranked #3-4 depending on the site.  He can certainly recruit for now, we will see if it continues, but the players seem to genuinely love him and his approach.  I would bet he will be a recruiting beast.

No surprises so far with the signing day.  Waiting to see if we land CJ Stround, that is in an hour or so.  Have to wait on Clark Phillips until tomorrow, a little last minute drama with Utah there.  Cam Martinez waiting until February.

Jeff Hafley did some great things  for us, but man the timing of his leaving really screwed with some things with this recruiting class.  Oh well.  Would be cool to see Kerry Coombs back in the fold.

No surprises so far with the signing day.  Waiting to see if we land CJ Stround, that is in an hour or so.  Have to wait on Clark Phillips until tomorrow, a little last minute drama with Utah there.  Cam Martinez waiting until February.

Jeff Hafley did some great things  for us, but man the timing of his leaving really screwed with some things with this recruiting class.  Oh well.  Would be cool to see Kerry Coombs back in the fold.
Have we gotten anyone? 

Have we gotten anyone? 
Here is an updated list on everyone who has signed thus far during the 2020 recruiting class' Early Signing Period with links to our individual signing stories. Just click on their names.

Three-star offensive guard Jakob James

Three-star offensive tackle Trey Leroux

Four-star cornerback Lejond Cavazos

Four-star defensive tackle Jacolbe Cowan

Five-star receiver Julian Fleming

Five-star offensive tackle Paris Johnson Jr.

Four-star linebacker Cody Simon

Three-star offensive tackle Grant Toutant

Four-star center Luke Wypler

Three-star tight end Joe Royer

Three-star defensive tackle Ty Hamilton

Three-star linebacker Mitchell Melton

Three-star kicker Jake Seibert

Three-star running back Miyan Williams

Three-star offensive guard Josh Fryar

Four-star receiver Jaxon Smith-Njigba

Four-star receiver Mookie Cooper

Four-star defensive tackle Darrion Henry-Young

Four-star safety Lathan Ransom

Four-star cornerback Ryan Watts III

Four-star quarterback Jack Miller

Four-star receiver Gee Scott Jr.

Four-star linebacker Kourt Williams

Eleven Warriors will continue to provide up-to-the-minute updates on the early signing period.

#3-4 class in the country depending on who you see.  Plus there are 2 4-stars that are 5 at some sites, but that does not matter all that much.  Damon Arnette, Malik Harrison and Chris Olave are all 3 stars.

Oh snap, one time OSU lean Rakim Jarrett, a 5-star WR that was committed to LSU, flipped to Maryland today.  That'll leave a mark.

This thread seems forgotten.  @Mad Cow where are you?  Solid win tonight.  Fields is a special talent, but I am also impressed with the receiving crew.  I am just not sure how much is OSU's talent and how much is Penn St secondary issues, but it seems Fields had players open all the time.

ETA...did I miss something regarding Mad Cow?  Doesn't look like he has posted in quite some time. I tried to send a PM also, but it says he can not receive messages...  :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Was wondering about this thread. Know nothing about @Mad Cow

In control of the game the entire time with plenty still to clean up. I think Day will have us peaking at the right time. Field’s is incredible! 

It looks like they are playing a very vanilla defense.  I couldn't believe how far off the line the DBs were playing most of the night.  Good game....but some missed opportunities.

Well offensively, that was about as ugly as a quarter can get. Two picks, horrible decision making by Fields, and about 17 penalties. Yuck.

any chance OSU can schedule another opponent in the next couple weeks?
Best chance is to hope there is another cancellation this week due to Covid.  Nebraska?  Minnesota?  It has to be within the B1G Conference.  Otherwise, UC or BYU would be other likely candidates.  If they can't get a game this weekend, I'd assume B1G Conf Chair will amend his rules to let OSU play in the B1G Conf Championship.

any chance OSU can schedule another opponent in the next couple weeks?
If they want to play in the b10 championship, it needs to be this weekend unless the rules are changed.  

Sounds like Purdue is having Covid issues which could open up a rematch with Penix-less Indiana.

There are some other non-conf names out there without games this weekend.

If they want to play in the b10 championship, it needs to be this weekend unless the rules are changed.  

Sounds like Purdue is having Covid issues which could open up a rematch with Penix-less Indiana.

There are some other non-conf names out there without games this weekend.
Tulsa's game just got canceled due to a COVID breakout at Cincinnati.

Cincy is what I read.

Not much was riding on that game as it sounds like Tulsa and Cincy were hooking up next week in the AAC title game anyways.
Okay...Ya...this matchup was to determine homefield advantage for the title game.  Similar to the UC/Memphis game last year before the title game.  They're going to use CFP rankings to determine that now that it's cancelled.

umaa press conference at 4 PM with the good Dr. Harbaugh and his medical staff.  Should be interesting to see how this is all spun.

Why did OSU cancel Illinois  game? I know  covid but were most of team out? They were missing 8 starters last week I think. Illinois played a game without top 3 quarterbacks due to covid. How close is The BIG getting to lowering qualifying amount of games due to total average of games played in conference. 

In the press conference Manuel admitted they dont know how many cases they have :shrug:
From what their fans are saying, they have the 10 reported positive from last week, then another 12 noted for this week.  One who has a son in the team said he was told three days ago that there was no way the game would be played. Another thread from last week noted that there was a meeting between the coaches and parents where Harbaugh wanted to play last week, but the parents vetoed it due to safety concerns.  Take it all with a grain of salt. But they appear to have a high number of student athletes with the virus up there.  :shrug:

Why did OSU cancel Illinois  game? I know  covid but were most of team out? They were missing 8 starters last week I think. Illinois played a game without top 3 quarterbacks due to covid. How close is The BIG getting to lowering qualifying amount of games due to total average of games played in conference. 
I think OSU was below the threshold for a mandatory cancellation, but they wanted to try and reign it in before it got out of control with the hopes of preserving the weeks beyond the Illinois game.

B1G Conference Chairs met this morning to determine how to proceed with the Championship Game. Based on the Press Release they put out last night, they were only going to look at the possibility of changing the Game Limit Requirement to 5 from 6.  They did not talk about potentially scheduling other games, particularly OOC games for this weekend.  An hour ago, Tim May (who has followed OSU for many years) put out the following tweet:

Tim May @TIM_MAYsports

Word within the ranks at @OhioStateFB is the vote is in and Buckeyes' next stop is Indianapolis and Big Ten title game vs. Northwestern next Saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread