What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (1 Viewer)

For the 2nd season running, I'll be entering the playoffs without my 2 best players - this season its JT & JJ. Last season was JT and Hurts. I have built, through the draft and trades, a complete juggernaut of a team, but just can't make any progress in the playoffs because I'm constantly hit by major injuries.

QB: Hurts
RB: JT
WR: JJ
TE: Engram
Flex: AJ Brown
Flex: Evans
Flex: Hopkins
Flex: McLaurin
Flex: Sutton
Flex: Higgins

I fear my winning window is closing. I have some depth players, but they are mostly late 1st round WRs that are squad players at best, Bateman, Pickens, Mimms and
late round and WW pickup RBs; Gus Edwards, Donta Foreman, Jamaal Williams etc.

Any advice or just shrug it off say it's out of my control?

Missed the playoffs yet again. All but one of my losses were by a slim margin, a TD or less, and all came down to making the wrong lineup decisions. Losing Stevenson and Dell the same week was the final nail in the coffin. Sometimes the fantasy gods just hate you and that was the case for me this year. Hoping whatever I did to piss them off will blow over next year.

Best of luck to those of you who still have something to play for. :suds:

For the 2nd season running, I'll be entering the playoffs without my 2 best players - this season its JT & JJ. Last season was JT and Hurts. I have built, through the draft and trades, a complete juggernaut of a team, but just can't make any progress in the playoffs because I'm constantly hit by major injuries.

QB: Hurts
RB: JT
WR: JJ
TE: Engram
Flex: AJ Brown
Flex: Evans
Flex: Hopkins
Flex: McLaurin
Flex: Sutton
Flex: Higgins

I fear my winning window is closing. I have some depth players, but they are mostly late 1st round WRs that are squad players at best, Bateman, Pickens, Mimms and
late round and WW pickup RBs; Gus Edwards, Donta Foreman, Jamaal Williams etc.

Any advice or just shrug it off say it's out of my control?

Sadly injuries are a part of the game and out of anyone's control. However you have a solid team and can still make some noise in the playoffs. I think you have enough pieces around JT and JJ that you can still win the whole thing. JT and JJ could be back as soon as week 15 or week 16 too, so you have that going for you. You have a good mix of core players imo to compete now and later starting with JT, JJ, Hurts, Brown, Higgins (who could be a team's #1 in the next 2 seasons).

No friggin way. I needed a miracle for one of three teams. Towards the end, my best hope was needing to outscore the only team I could catch by 110+ points this week. The Landry sack with 20 seconds left did it and I took him on season points tiebreak to sneak in - 4098.42 to 4095.20

Congrats. Gotta feel for the other team too though

My team imploded down the stretch losing the last 3 but still managed to squeak into the playoffs. I've had my two lowest point totals the past 2 weeks...not a great indicator of things to come.

Swift and Ridley are killing me.

Missed the playoffs for the first time since 2007. I was due.
Wow that’s a long time. I missed the playoffs for the first time since 2014 and only the second time since joining the league in 1996. It’s a 12 team league with 8 teams making the playoffs so it’s not that hard to get in but I still think missing just twice in almost 30 years is pretty good.

No friggin way. I needed a miracle for one of three teams. Towards the end, my best hope was needing to outscore the only team I could catch by 110+ points this week. The Landry sack with 20 seconds left did it and I took him on season points tiebreak to sneak in - 4098.42 to 4095.20

Congrats. Gotta feel for the other team too though
Worse. He's the commish and I'm his defacto VP commish 🤣

I've got a team going into the playoffs with a 12-2 record, clearly the dominant team in the league. However, as of this moment, my team is a pile of ground beef. I'm raiding the waiver wire in order to try and field a decent starting roster this weekend. Not to mention, my top studs are all playing against elite defenses.

Needless to say, my team will most likely be bounced first week in the playoffs...

1st week of the playoffs and I have 3 Wrs on my roster (Keenan Allen, Nico Collins, DJ Moore) going into last week I was looking pretty good. This week they might all be out!

Somebody in my contract league dropped Lamar (expiring contract, so cannot be kept for '24) going into his bye week, because he had no other QB available for that week. I'm sure he expected to grab him up in the week 14 waivers because he'd have high priority based on our league rules.

We introduced a second waiver run on Saturdays last year, exposing guys that were dropped on Wednesday. Not everyone remembers that, so YOINK! I now have Lamar along with Tua for the playoffs.

Thank you baby Jesus for the bye

Injuries are killing me

Stroud
Robinson Jr
Stevenson
Pacheco

After losing Cousins and Chubb

Only in three playoffs in seven dynasty leagues this year, but I’m having more fun than most years, even though I have to go under the knife in January. I suppose I’m thankful for what I do have.

Partial keeper league, sixteen teams. 3wr and flex.
Herbert
Ekeler
Bijan
Chase
Jefferson
Diggs
Tank Dell (Thielan) (Dotson)
Waller and Kittle

Snuck in playoffs on a lucky win by like half a point, Gonna be out in first round. My team had like FIVE first round pick type guys. I really hate FF.

I forgot how much I hated fantasy playoffs lol. Chandler on my bench in 2 leagues, going against Moss. I am already tilted lol. Though I need to stay calm. Last year, I was feeling great after Cousin's 4 TD comeback performance on Saturday only to get wiped out on Sunday.

Went up against Chandler and now Goff. Then had Moss but he gets injured in what would have been a smash spot. It's not over but it's feeling pretty over.

Guy I am playing scored 90 points last week. He has 4 players out injured plus another receiver he didnt play because Stroud is not starting. I on the other hand, started out my week with 5 td Goff and 23 points and 2 td Las Vegas defense. He is on pace to score 200 points and the high score in 5 years. Unreal. To add insult to i8njury I will probably finish the week with the 2nd most points. 2nd year in a row I will lose week 1 of the playoffs with the 2nd most points scored on the week.

Guy I am playing scored 90 points last week. He has 4 players out injured plus another receiver he didnt play because Stroud is not starting. I on the other hand, started out my week with 5 td Goff and 23 points and 2 td Las Vegas defense. He is on pace to score 200 points and the high score in 5 years. Unreal. To add insult to i8njury I will probably finish the week with the 2nd most points. 2nd year in a row I will lose week 1 of the playoffs with the 2nd most points scored on the week.
Sorry dude, that sucks!

My WRs this week: Deebo ok, Kupp, Puka, Kincaid not doing much yet. Bench was Downs, Doubs, Olave so my decisions weren’t bad, just not much to show yet

Went up against Chandler and now Goff. Then had Moss but he gets injured in what would have been a smash spot. It's not over but it's feeling pretty over.
Add in the Bears DST and James Cook and he has 125 from 4 players. **** man

Had a nice lead going into the afternoon games. Literally in 5 minutes I got 50 points scored on me during CMC’s long TD and Kupp’s long TD. Bonus points of +5 and + 10. Having Bijan and J. Allen that just destroyed my chances. Pffffft

Lost last week by 7 and it cost me a bye. Had Hill, Olave and Nico at wide receiver. Now I’ll be golfing unless Etienne does a James Cook impression. Neat hobby.

That non-TD call on the Lawrence pass cost me my playoffs. Awesome reffing. What's the point of an all-knowing, omniscient ref HQ if they can't get obvious calls right?

Missed the playoffs yet again. All but one of my losses were by a slim margin, a TD or less, and all came down to making the wrong lineup decisions. Losing Stevenson and Dell the same week was the final nail in the coffin. Sometimes the fantasy gods just hate you and that was the case for me this year. Hoping whatever I did to piss them off will blow over next year.

Best of luck to those of you who still have something to play for. :suds:
You're not alone. There are times in the past when you won because your opponent made the wrong decisions. We just don't remember those times. Things will swing back your way.

Might pull off a shocker tonight, up 19, but he has Hurts or Mariota. Obviously, Hurts would be tuff to keep to under 20 in our league, but Mariota plays and a I have a shot, I think. I'm the 8 seed going against the 1, who just rolled all year until this week.

I almost big-brained myself out of the playoffs. On Sunday morning I swapped in Taysom Hill when the Olave news hit and benched Rice. 23-point difference. I also thought about replacing Koo with a WW kicker and didn’t. 2.5 between those two. Luckily my opponent started three Jaguars against the Ravens for some reason, so thanks to Waddle, White and LaPorta, I’m moving on.

Another season without a championship with a 5 point loss. :wall:
Shoutout to Younghoe Koo who gets me 1 point against the worst team in the NFL and Sam Howell who gets benched. Also, two of the guys that helped get me in the playoffs (Lamb and Pollard) decide to get about 10 points below their average for the past 2 months. Didn't help that my opponent picked up the Raiders defense Thursday morning. They scored 31 fantasy points, 18 more than their average of 13.
I have 5 good receivers (start 3) but all season I probably lost about 10 points a week by playing the wrong one which probably cost me a bye. Davante Adams, CeeDee Lamb, Cooper Kupp, Jordan Addison, and Drake London. Addison had 11.5 more than Lamb this week.

In the brag category (feel free to disagree). The net sum of the dynasty trades I have made since January 01, 2022. Anyone who has since been dropped and is currently a free agent, I'm not listing on either side.

I gave: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I received:
Mixon . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Bijan
Aaron Jones . . . . . . . . . Gibbs
2023 #10 pick . . . . . . . Higgins
Tua . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Smith-Njigba
Elijah Moore . . . . . . . . Jameson Williams
Gainwell . . . . . . . . . . . 2024 #16 pick
Pickett . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2024 #20 pick
2023 #22 pick . . . . . . . Sean Tucker
2022 #23 pick . . . . . . . Bryce Young
Khalil Shakir . . . . . . . . Deuce Vaughn
Jordan Mason . . . . . . . 2024 #32 pick
Michael Gallup

The Aaron Jones trade was early 2022 season, so I gave up his great 2022 production, but 2023 hasn't been much.
Mixon was this last offseason, so I have missed his production this year.

League downsized from 14 to 12 this year and the commish never updated the playoffs to be 6 teams as intended. I placed 2nd, didn't get a bye because of that, and lost in the first round.

I started the season 0-3

Fought back all season using the WW to my advantage .

Came in 3rd place , lost in the 1st rd . Dak crapped the bed as well as my TE and 2nd WR . Both starting RBs were out (Jacobs and Pacheco ) Picked up D`Onta Foreman and he did literally nothing.

Lost by 17 points , had i had my full roster i believe id have won.

FF is a fickle female dog lol

I started the season 0-3

Came in 3rd place , lost in the 1st rd . Dak crapped the bed as well as my TE and 2nd WR . Both starting RBs were out (Jacobs and Pacheco ) Picked up D`Onta Foreman and he did literally nothing.

I finished 3rd too, and Dak chit the bed along with Barkley and Jacobs being a no show. Chase and Pittman out early with injuries.

I lost by 8 points. Had I started Henry over Waller, I would have won.

I started the season 0-3

I finished 3rd too, and Dak chit the bed along with Barkley and Jacobs being a no show. Chase and Pittman out early with injuries.

I lost by 8 points. Had I started Henry over Waller, I would have won.
sucks

I lost by 12 with an injured Pacheco, Olave, Watson, and a sick Hurts.

I have even one of those dudes in (or a not sick Hurts) and I'm quite sure I win. The cherry on the top is (apart from Watson probably), they'll all be good to go next weekend, just to mock me.

Users who are viewing this thread