What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (1 Viewer)

So great I could play against Swift when he actually finishes a game. Going against Jefferson too was bad enough. To top it off, AJB gets a TD and has it called back and puts up a dud. Not fun to lose before it's even Sunday.

Going back in to retirement from fantasy football is sounding great again.
As if Thursday night wasn't bad enough, I was actually catching up until I faced Kyren Williams today. After getting gashed by Swift and Williams in the same week, I think my will is broken.

It was such a long wait for this season to get here, and it's quickly going down the toilet 😢😢😢

Unless one of the players going tonight scores a league-record # of points, I'm going to be the 3rd highest scoring team after two weeks and will be 0-2. I've had 20% more points scored against me than anyone else. I think Russell Wilson scored more FF points yesterday than he did all last season - against me, of course.

Barring injuries, I still think my team will be fine. (feel free to bump this comment when I whine about being 2-8)

New to an existing Keeper League - where you keep 3 players the following year for a 50% increase to their salary taking away from your draft $.

The only keepers I could toil with holding onto were Brian Robinson ($8) and Breece Hall ($33). I overspent on guys, because I was at such a disadvantage with guys keeping JaMarr Chase and Justin Jefferson for $6 and $9. I had to take Johnathon Taylor and Cooper Kupp as a league winning dice roll with their massive discount. The overspending and balancing value left me with zero $1 keeper potential rookies. Enter last week, where I attacked the Waiver Wire and thought maybe I was dumb for bidding on Kyren Williams ($6) after bidding 25% of FAB for Puka Nacua.

I landed both of them and battled insomnia around 4AM on waiver day - checked waivers - pulled Roschon Johnson for free.

This week I scored 205 points, first place by 50+ points. Barring anything catostrophic I'll have potential keepers of:

Kyren Williams ($9)
Brian Robinson ($14)
Roschon Johnson ($1)

I know these names aren't super attractive but they look like they're going to get their fair share of work. The top 10 RB's go for $50 and beyond in the draft... if I can keep 3 RB's for under $25 going into next season, I should be able to form a pretty decent roster.

Before the season, I made a pretty big dynasty trade to get Burrow that I’m still waiting to pan out but am not panicking.

While draft assets were also involved, I included the following players to make the deal happen : Aaron Rodgers, Cam Akers, & Kyle Pitts.

With what’s happened to Rodgers and Akers, I’m feeling fortunate as heck right now even in spite of Burrow’s slower start.

Going to end up losing by 1.5. Olave getting up and running on the long catch or not stepping out of bounds would have been great. 0-2 in the league I'm defending with the second highest score this week :lol:

Coming into the season, you might think this team is pretty good, right?

Hurts

Pollard
Taylor
Kamara

Lamb
AJ Brown
Waddle

Goedert
Pitts

0-2. Where exactly should I upgrade?
Lol, having more than 1 viable RB option might be the spot. Your team will be fine after next week.

Coming into the season, you might think this team is pretty good, right?

Hurts

Pollard
Taylor
Kamara

Lamb
AJ Brown
Waddle

Goedert
Pitts

0-2. Where exactly should I upgrade?
Lol, having more than 1 viable RB option might be the spot. Your team will be fine after next week.
Plugged Zack Moss in this week off the waiver wire, who was somehow more productive than either AJB or Waddle through two weeks.

I'd like to thank whatever entity is responsible for allowing the shambling mummified corpse of what used to be Michael Thomas to stand upright and catch passes.

14 Team Dynasty:

Team in my league had Gibbs, Etienne, Stevenson, Javonte, Akers, Mattison, Pacheco before the season

Traded Stevenson and Javonte for Chubb
Traded Etienne for JLove
Loses Chubb
Akers traded to MN with Mattison

Left with Gibbs and Pacheco basically... talk about a rough start to the season

Chubb fell to me in both my redrafts. Ekeler 5/12 and Barkley 8/10 in the other. Didn't plan on drafting old school like that but you can't let value get past you when it comes. It was a trap. All good vibes to Nick Chubb as he works through another painful rehab.

0-4 (12th in points scored) in a 12 team 1 PPR dynasty (9 starters):
Burrow/Pollard/Stevenson/Pierce/K. Herbert/Chase/Lamb/AJ Brown/Marquise Brown

It sucks to lose Chubb, but at least I can deal with it and move on. My problem is what to do with Burrow. With scraps left at QB, I will be lucky to snag Kenny Pickett.

With Puka questionable on MNF, I decided to hold back Godwin as a potential replacement (vs starting both). Started G Wilson instead. Won’t matter since I’m facing Mostert anyway.

1. Going against Keenan Allen
2. Started Joshua Kelley
3. Decided not to pick up Tank Dell this week because I felt it was too early to give up on Dotson.

sad panda

Have the Broncos and Bills in one league. Luckily I played the Bills, but it was a tough choice. -15.6 vs 45.63. Glad I have a brain.

Every move I made this week not only cost me the win for the week but maybe ended any chance I had for the season.

Left Achane and 66.3 pts on my bench. Will cost me the win this week.

98% of Achane owners had him on the bench

not a made up number - that's the actual, as only 2% started

couple players left but I made 7 out of 8 correct decisions on my lineup, and all 7 exceeded their projection

that's a good week for me

76% win probability with 3 g left

benched 2 or 3 of my drafted starters + Waddle out

I'll take it

Local league which is the one I most want to win. PPR-15 player rosters-12 teams.
I drafted:
Cbubb
J.K. Dobbins
D. Montgomery
C. Watson
M. Williams
A. Richardson

Injury bug. You think?

I play in a doubleheader

One of us had Joshua Kelley
One of us had Justin Herbert
One of us had Keenan Allen

Unfortunately, I had Kelley and played against Herbert and Allen. Two losses this week.

Where is the streaming defenses thread? I looked back 12 pages and no dice. No matter, I can’t pick a weekly D to save my life. Decided to tail AZ every week with Washington week 1 turned out just ok. Week 2 NYG -.3pts. Got off the AZ train and picked up JAX for Week 3-.4pts. Grabbed SEA in another league and got punched in the nuts by Red Rifle. Nail in the coffin was dropping Bass for Dicker cuz weather….I am so bad at this :lol:

Guy in my league had a hunch and gave up a 2nd rounder and Robert Woods for Mike Williams 10 minutes before kickoff....dude has been unlucky for years.

Sigh. 5th year in a row where my 1QB dynasty contender appears to be derailed.

2019: CMC goes for 1000/1000 yards and a buttload of TDs. MT sets the receptions record. But my QB Watson ****s the bed in the playoffs and I finish 2nd. Gonna upgrade a few things and let's run it back in 2020.

2020: Draft was a total bust (Ruggs), but I added Chubb. Sutton, and Dak. Sutton tears ACL week 1, then week by week I watch as CMC, MT, and Dak all go down with season enders.

2021: Let's try it again, plus I added Pitts in the draft so this is the year! Nope, MT still out a whole 'nother year, and CMC goes down again. Decided I couldn't deal with those two anymore and shipped em out for picks.

2022: Getting sick of this so gonna go all in now. Turned those picks plus more of my own into the 1.01 (Breece), Chase, and Tyreek. Upgraded Dak to Herbert. Now THIS is the year! HAHA SYKE say the fantasy gods. Breece tears the ACL, Ridley suspended 1 yr, PItts goes down, Chase out multiple weeks with the hip, Herbert battling cracked ribs all season. Still squeaked into the playoffs but finished 5th.

2023: Added Pollard and Cowboys DST. Finally this is the year we're gonna do this so help me God. Breece is healthy, but appears useless in a Rodgers-less offense. Week 2 my RB1 Chubb bites it. Week 3 my WR3 Mike Williams ACL tear. Burrow's injury affecting Chase. Can't bear to find out which of my dudes is about to start his offseason rehab program next, because I know it's coming any minute...

Thanks to Seattle's need to go for what was a meaningless 2 point conversion, I pulled out the victory this week 151.98 to 151.82. Walked around the house hating fantasy football and it all changed in an instant.

Thanks to Seattle's need to go for what was a meaningless 2 point conversion, I pulled out the victory this week 151.98 to 151.82. Walked around the house hating fantasy football and it all changed in an instant.
That kind of margin might change in an instant tomorrow as well. Hope it works out as it stands!

I went up against Fields the week he looks like Mahomes against the impotent Broncos. To add salt to the wound, I benched Moore for Aiyuk.

Users who are viewing this thread