What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (1 Viewer)

I thought the Raiders were going to be bad.

It looks like I was very, very wrong.

The Raiders team thread is being super nice about it too, but I deserve some ridicule.

My dynasty team is a juggernaut (Highest score Weeks 1-4) but lost this week because Dak and Dalvin got hurt mid-game. Now I face off against the new 1st place team (5-0 vs 4-1) and I'll be missing Dak, Dalvin, Josh Jacobs and Kamara (byes). There's a good chance that I'll be in 4th place after this coming week, and be outscoring the rest of the league by over 100 pts. 

These were my 8 keepers in my 10 team PPR double superflex league (yes we can start 3 QBs)

Dak Prescott - Out for the year - ankle

Christian McCaffrey - On IR - ankle

Dalvin Cook - likely will miss next week with a groin

Julio Jones - missed last week with a hamstring - has been nicked up all year

Chris Godwin - missed week 3 with a concussion and weeks 4-5 with a hamstring

Courtland Sutton - Out for the year - torn ACL

Matthew Stafford - healthy but mediocre so far

Drew Lock - Out since Week 2 with a shoulder injury.

Yet somehow I am 3-2.

News from Glazer it sounds like bad news for Miles Sanders.  Considering my first 2 picks were Barkley and Sanders, I think you know the direction my season is heading.  

thanks to the nfl moving byes around i needed to stream a TE this week... after much research and debate i narrowed it down to burton (20), fells (17), and brate (0.8).... well guess which one i picked.... 😥

iamkoza said:
thanks to the nfl moving byes around i needed to stream a TE this week... after much research and debate i narrowed it down to burton (20), fells (17), and brate (0.8).... well guess which one i picked.... 😥
Similar situation but I started Burton :excited:

But I sat Deebo and started Edelman :cry:

In my first-year dynasty (Took Barkley/Sanders 1-2), I'm left with Freeman, Harris, Breida, McKinnon and Snell at RB.

Damn - my RB selections this year are all made of glass apparently.  Drafted - Chubb, Ekeler and Cohen (all IR); trade for Mostert and Ingram (both hurt yesterday); and only healthy RB I have was on BYE is Latavius Murray.

Still somehow at 4-2 but nothing left on the waiver wire and only one healthy rb until some of my guys  come off injury.

First time posting in here.  0-6 so far and lost 3 games by 1 point.  This week Zeke needed just 1 more point at the end.

I thought posting this would make me feel better...oh well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last week in a 10-team league with big TD bonuses, I won by 129.7 to 129.1 with the following players on my bench:
Julio Jones
AJ Brown
Ronald Jones
Carson Wentz

I know it sounds ridiculous, but I had Robbie Anderson, Cooper Kupp, Raheem Mostert, and Patrick Mahomes in place of them. Weird week! This week's lineup will definitely include Julio, AJ, and Jones.

First year dynasty, I'm somehow 5-1 despite being in the bottom half of the league in scoring, and losing Saquon and now Sanders for a few weeks.

So I've got no real chance to contend this year, but I'm going to have a middling draft pick because draft order is based on W-L record from the prior year and I've dumb-lucked my way into 2-3 wins.

Playing against Daniel Jones in one of my superflex leagues.  Jones tripping on that long run cost my opponent 12 points (Jones would have got to 100 yards rushing and a TD and we have a 5 point bonus for 100 yards rushing).

My opponent is 1-11 (we play doubleheaders), so this is just par for the course for him.....he lost Saquon and Chubb and has had every ball bounce against him.

This weeks creme de crap rb lineup - Boston Scott and Latavius Murray.   Oh my I remember the days when I was starting RB1s/RB2s...now Im starting RB6s and 7s as RB 1s and 2s

Benched both Lockett and Diontae and still going to get high score in my league this week.  Not sure if this is a vent or a brag.   :shrug:  

My Team: (3-3) 5th place 10 team league half ppr

QB: A. Rodgers

RB: A. Kamara, C. Carson, A. Ekeler, R. Mostert, J. Jackson, D. Freeman

WR: J. Jefferson, OBJ, JuJu Smith-Schuster, DJ Chark, J. Edelman, T. Fulgham 

TE: D. Waller

K: J. Slye

Def: Chargers

Im playing the guy in 10th place with zero wins for the season. 0-6. We were tied going into tonight. I have C. Carson tonight and he has D. Montgomery tomorrow. I started OBJ and Chark as WR. I flexed Jackson. 

If Carson doesn't come back after half I'm going to give the last place guy his first victory. Even if he does come back I probably will still lose. 

Im at the point now that I don't think I can hold Ekeler, Mostert and OBJ. I hope OBJ is ok but if he is out for more than a few games I'll probably have to cut him. Probably time to drop Edelman and Freeman also. Im not going to give up but this sure is depressing. 

I have 1170 points against this year. The next closest team in PA has nearly 200 pts less. I'm getting bent over every week. Teams are averaging 167 against me when the league average is 107. This season sucks. 

Faced Lockett in both leagues. Lost by less than 10 in both. Would have beaten 8/11 of the other teams. 13 catches, 3 TDs, 54 points.

Hard to win against that, I don’t care how good your team is.  :wall:

Was up comfortably going into last night with Metcalf going against Kyler.

Will be 2 - 5 tomorrow in last place with easily the best worst team I've ever had:

QB: Brees

RB: Zeke, A. Jones, Robinson, Williams, Pollard, Gus E.

WR: Metcalf, Cooks, Godwin, Chark, Patrick, T. Smith

One more yard from Singletary, or two more from Montgomery, or Gurley doesn't score at the end, or Wilson doesn't throw that pick in OT. Any of those things happen and I win. None of them did.

Of course, he had Slye miss a late kick, and he started all kinds of wrong players. Got a zero from Mike Williams. Didn't start Antonio Gibson. I got a garbage TD from Jones. It works both ways, I guess.  

Played a guy last week that didn't bother to check his line-up....he was missing 2 players. Got CRUSHED!! 

Best Worst Team....FBG has this team rated at 99% chance to make the play-offs. Sitting at 2-5 with Kyler on a bye going up against 6-1 juggernaut team this week.

Kyler

Davis(McCaffrey)/Sanders

Tyreek/AJ Brown/Golladay/ARobinson (WR/TE)

Lutz

Bills

Need to go on a run and SHOCK THE WORLD!!! :towelwave:

Chubb still on IR, David Johnson on bye, and now Aaron Jones out.  I'm deciding between Dillon, Hasty and Murray as my RB1 :X

ETA - Just picked up Gio so slightly less nauseous.

I'm having a down year overall and that's OK, but one of the most disheartening things has been watching one of the best dynasty teams I've assembled in a while just slowly bleed out. I am on the edge of wildcard right now, and not too hopeful. This is a superflex, ppr. My primary roster:

Dak/Jackson; Barkey/Chubb; Godwin/AJ Brown/Lockett/Fuller/JuJu/Diontae/Lamb.

I'm flexing Ben Dinucci this week. 

Lost 4th in a row. Previous weeks I lost to the highest or 2nd highest score. This week I will probably have the lowest score on the year due to my DST, kicker, RB and QB not panning out or getting hurt. 

I've never quit on a season but I think I'm done with this year. Was never going to happen. 

I literally have the worst team I have ever had, and I started playing FF in 1992  :lol:  

WRs after the draft: OBJ, D. Johnson, DJ Moore, T. McLaurin.  I thought this would be a decent group but the starters I have chosen have averaged 10.4 PPG which blows ###.  This also includes the 35 point explosion from OBJ against DAL.

Etrz sucks and is now hurt.  TEs have combined for 4.8 PPG  

I have Zeke and DAL sucks this year.

I waited on QB and ended up with Ben R. and G. Minshew.  I only started Minshew once (yep - it was against MIA on Thursday night when he scored 9 points) and I lost that week based on that decision.

This week I sat Ben against BAL and started Garoppolo which was an 18 point mistake.  Good news is that I would have lost no matter who I started.

Summary: fantasy football is stupid :lol:  

Last week I faced Lockett in both leagues.

this week I faced Metcalf in both leagues.

What’re the odds?  

Oh yeah; and in IDP it was Cook, Russel & Metcalf. That’s a blowout loss. Still alive in dynasty. 
:wall:

Just needed ok or decent weeks from Dinucci and Goedert given bye weeks and both completely crapped out. Here comes the fall down the standings. 

60 point lead with my opponent having Herbert, Fulgham and the Cowboys D left. Somehow he managed to squeeze 61 out of those 3. Not seen a D and the opposing WR in the same game manage to score so many dang points, despite going against each other, brutal.

3rd year in a row of missing the playoffs. 

3 years ago I was 3rd in scoring and missed the playoffs by one game. Most points scored against. 

Last year missed the playoffs by one game. Most points scored against but admittedly my team wasn't that good. 

This year lost 8 players to injury by the end of week one. Currently most points scored against. 

I think I'm done. It's just not that fun when yahoo projects you to go 12-1 or 13-0 and your team just gets crushed by injuries year after year. Plus seems like everybody has one of their best weeks of the year against me. 

Lots of work and then it just turns into a disaster. 

Users who are viewing this thread