What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (3 Viewers)

We were the #2 and #3 scorers of the weekend (16 team) and my team took the lead by a half point at the very end of MNF.

• (2-7 - SEA 38 - 3:44) J.Howard right end to SEA 43 for -5 yards (F.Clark).
He went from 40 yards to 35 rushing, my team then lost by 1/2 point.

:football:

First time ever posting in here.  I led my game this past week from 4:20 into the Thursday night game (A.J. Green) to 0:14 left in the Monday night game (Dissly).  I submit that that's got to be a record.

I play in a 10-team redraft (couple of keepers) with some guys from work. It's an online Yahoo draft and usually we're lucky to get 7/10 actually online to draft.

One of the auto-drafters this year (from the 1-hole) ended up with Gurley, Kelce, Diggs, Sanders and Mahomes. He had a good week (fortunately not against me!)

Same thing, pulled Hyde right before kickoff.  Most likely sealed my fate with that one decision.  To be fair, if I'd known ahead of time he was going to run for two td's and total over 100 yards, I would have played him.  Dilly, Dilly! 

We use MFL.  Our league scores points for punt blocks. Last night my JETS DEF had the points on the board for the block and this morning I wake to see NO POINTS given for blocked punt, only for the 4 sacks .   Grrrrrrrr....

We use MFL.  Our league scores points for punt blocks. Last night my JETS DEF had the points on the board for the block and this morning I wake to see NO POINTS given for blocked punt, only for the 4 sacks .   Grrrrrrrr....
I'm in the same boat but different site. Why weren't the points given for the block?

I'm in the same boat but different site. Why weren't the points given for the block?
after an extensive search (and I am not sure this is correct) this is what I found:

"Deflection: getting a hand on any punt that nets positive yardage is likely still considered a successful "punt" (although deflection likely isn't even an official stat/classification), whereas a punt that the other team impedes and the ball doesn't actually cross the line of scrimmage would be considered blocked."

--watching the video suggests this might be true as the ball did advance 3 yards past the original line of scrimmage last night.

Well, however your season's going, you're almost certainly better off than me in my big money (Yahoo250) league. Felt I had a solid draft. Here's my starting squad after the draft:

RB: Le'Veon Bell, Dalvin Cook

WR: AJ Green, Doug Baldwin

TE: Delanie Walker

QB: Drew Brees

Last in league with fewest points and little hope. Starting Crowell and Riddick at RB this week. Even after Crowell's big night, I'm a 25-pt dog.

Well, however your season's going, you're almost certainly better off than me in my big money (Yahoo250) league. Felt I had a solid draft. Here's my starting squad after the draft:

RB: Le'Veon Bell, Dalvin Cook

WR: AJ Green, Doug Baldwin

TE: Delanie Walker

QB: Drew Brees

Last in league with fewest points and little hope. Starting Crowell and Riddick at RB this week. Even after Crowell's big night, I'm a 25-pt dog.
 Looks like you are going to play the "running back roulette" game I often speak about.  I try and get at least one solid backfield combo (Like Cook Murray) in the event of a catastrophe happening like this.

Oh, I have Baldwin too. I am now calling him "roster poison". There is no cure, and you cant drop him either.... just hang on and hold on to your ###.  :wall:

I avoided Bell for several reasons, "holding out drama" was one, but I feel for his owners that couldn't snag Conner.

Work the wire, you can often salvage a playoff run. You never know.   :thumbup:   

TZM

Do it, you'll feel better. 
Picked up bailey, he's got 0

Going against ageless wonder ADP

My team of "studs" Coleman, Adams, Hill, Watson, Baltimore defense all are non existent. 

For the 3rd week in a row, going against a team up for the high score. 

About to be 1-2

You know things are going just fine when Tyreek Hill is your lowest score of the week. 

(Kamara, CMC, M Thomas, Landry, Kelce)

Last edited by a moderator:
Why doesn’t Matt Nagy give the ball to Howard inside the 5? Every game this season he tries some cute pass play and it never works. 

He'd only be my 3rd stringer anyways, but I just cut Beathard last week in my dyno after adding him from FA in the preseason. My gut was right something was gonna happen to Jimmy.  :wall:

Benched Matt Ryan for the Fitzmagic forthcoming on Monday. I should still comfortably win this week, but it's my third straight week making a likely bad QB decision (Ryan week one flopped, benched in week two for Tyrod who was ok, and now Ryan goes off again).

0 for 3 on starting/benching AP and Amari this season

having Chris thompson and going up against AP and buck allen... both pre-season locks for multiple TD games  :wall:

replay officials felt the need for the first time ever to splice two camera shots together to determine Kamara was short of the endzone in OT.... but didnt feel the need to do so on the 2nd AP TD that was 90% likely short of the endzone

replay officials felt the need for the first time ever to splice two camera shots together to determine Kamara was short of the endzone in OT.... but didnt feel the need to do so on the 2nd AP TD that was 90% likely short of the endzone
And then Drew Brees decides to vulture the game-winner.     Having had Brees on three separate fantasy teams, I knew it was coming too.   

Started a rebuild last year and turned out pretty good fairly fast but not getting much luck right now. With Cook out I could have started Lindsay or John Brown at flex so naturally I figure Lindsay has a decent day and I’ll finally start him. Well that paired with drake didn’t turn out so well. Wrecked the big games from Mahomes, Barkley and Fuller and need a stat correction to overcome my current 128.7-129 loss. 

You would think if it came down to my Jiulio Jones vs theirs  Calvin Ridley that my team would come out on top.

And than perhaps Kirk Cousins and Dan Bailey could have chipped in more than 10 pts combined 

Thanks to the Eagles D, Keenan Allen, Allen Robinson, Golden Tate, and Gronk  crapping the bed, I need an absolute shootout tonight.  Down 63 and 80 in my doubleheader, but I have Big Ben, Fitzpatrick and Conner tonight.  It's possible but unlikely.  Those 3 scored 86 for me last week.

Went into MNF up 15.

Started Fitzpatrick over Cam and Goff because I’m an idiot who got cute.

The other guy has J Evans Safety from TB.

I was down after the pick 6.

now up 1.7. 

Never again Fitz, never again.

Feel like the biggest fool, got Taylor Gabriel confused with Calvin Ridley when quickly setting up bids last night. What kind of a moron spends 20% of his money on Gabriel? This idiot here. Ooops.

In one league I'm facing Cooks, Thielen, Gurley and Ficken. I'm down 70 heading into the weekend also.

Certain loss since I have Derrick Henry as my only "startable RB". 

I will need a massive explosion from Baker Mayfield in that league. (Long story there)

Was a good week to be going against multiple Rams players. I waited all offseason for weeks like this one.   :wall:

TZM 

I am 3-0 facing the 0-3 Goff owner.  Hello 3-1.  The other 3-0 owner is facing an 0-3 Cousins/Thielen owner, so looks like no undefeated teams this year.

ETA - my real BEEF is that every time I have players play TNF they absolutely soil the bed, but whenever I am facing players on TNF they blow up.  Stop the madness.

Getting real ####### sick of MJD trying to trash the Steelers on NFL network acting as the mouth piece for Bell’s agent. #### off and act like an un-biased media member. 

Dear Drew...you picked a bad week to disappear.  I know its not all your fault, but I am going to blame you anyway.  No TDs?

Users who are viewing this thread