What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (1 Viewer)

Facing the team I'm competing with for division lead, back 1 game, I chose well in running out all my Saints against the l Rams D. 

Brees, Ingram, Snead, & Thomas, and I coulda started one more with Hightower at Flex but was worried about the Rams tough run D. :doh:  

With Mike Evans & David Johnson as well, I had more TDs than I've ever had in a game.  Those 6 combined for damn near 200. 

Woot!

:pickle:

Benched Michael Thomas for Devontae Booker at 11am this morning. Sorry to all other Booker owners as he will surely suck tonight based on Thomas' game.

Up 2.90 with ware vs mcmanus. That last drive was a back breaker. Everything went wrong for me. Now I have to sweat out OT.

One Denver drive and I lose.  152 to 158.5 and he had Sanders get 14 points on one freaking drive.  Poetic justice losing a game like that - in week 1 beat the same guy when he scored 158 and I scored 209.   Average scores in our league is 115.

On the bright side wrapped up second place in the other league, but damn is it rough to score that many and lose.

Fml down 0.10 now
 STAT CORRECTION FTW!!!!!!  :excited:

So I have been #####ing for 3 days about Ebron. I started him in 3 leagues, and he gave me a turkey day zero.  In one league, I played him over Gates .  So I was really cussing that one right..............

Then Gates decided to cough up another zero.  So guess what, it doesn't matter what I would have done, I was stuck with a ####### zero there anyway. You got to love it.

I *may* still lose in that league, but who knows, I'm facing Aaron Rodgers.

I think I will clinch in 2/4, and I have a decent shot of getting into the playoffs in the other two next week.  We shall see.

This is why we study, read and think about all year boys. Remember, this #### is far more important than every day life, which should be currently on hold for all of us~!

We are at the end of days............ These last couple weeks are crucial.

Good luck to everyone.

TZM

Last edited by a moderator:
Across my three leagues, i lost EVERY november game that i wasn't the league high scorer. My best team has had an unprecedented run of points against the last ten weeks. I know that the dumb luck portion of FFL controls more than anything else, but i've never had this in 25 years if playing. This week that team will be the #4 scorer but played #1, again. Of course that team put up the lowest scores in the league when it played the other teams in my division. :ptts:

Across my three leagues, i lost EVERY november game that i wasn't the league high scorer. My best team has had an unprecedented run of points against the last ten weeks. I know that the dumb luck portion of FFL controls more than anything else, but i've never had this in 25 years if playing. This week that team will be the #4 scorer but played #1, again. Of course that team put up the lowest scores in the league when it played the other teams in my division. :ptts:
Same here.  Gonna lose for the 4th time this week (barring a miracle from A-Rod tonight).  My team is yearly high scorer, by almost 200 points over next highest.  Each weekly loss was the other team's highest weekly score of the year.  2 of the previous losses, my score was the 2nd & 3rd highest of that week.  This week also figures to be 2nd or 3rd highest weekly score.  

So in three leagues this weekend I'm in playoffs in 2 and shooting for the playoffs in a 3rd.In FBGs champ playing for at least 500 last game of the day he has Sanders and I have Thomas I have a pretty comfortable league so I'm thinking if they can match each other I'm golden well Sanders has a monster game Thomas not so much.In another league that I really like its set up like the March Madness tourney with 64 teams I'm in the round of 32 only player opponent has left is Kelse beats me by less than a point with last pass of the game.Tonight I am going for the hat trick RT sports champ trying to make playoffs I have 26 point lead opponent has Sproles.So like I said in a previous post if you got him start him.Just a brutal weekend.What happenedb to Cooks he could have saved my bacon in both those leagues.

Might steal a win in a league where I started McCown and Tolzien at QB, had TY Hilton go out with an injury, and AJ Green already out.  Need 1.7 combined between Davante Adams and Caleb Sturgis.  

Almost didn't need that much until the Denver D gave up some points in the 2nd half.

I don't know why I continue to listen to the so called FF experts. They're making educated guesses just like us. They all said Smallwood was the play tonight. Not even close. Sparkles gets a goal line carry with a broken rib. You can't figure out these NFL coaches. Some experts said leave Adams on the bench because Philly is tough at home. Two TD's already on my bench. Smallwood, Sproles, and Barner all subbing in. #### these geeky a$$ FF experts. I'm really the fool here for even listening to them. Gonna lose this week because I did. Shepard, they said is an excellent start against Cleveland. Not one f'n target for Shepard. 

Inactive dynasty owners piss me off.   A guy is 1 and 10 but won't respond to inquiries about Steve Smith.   Thanks for donating every year I guess,  because holding on to 36 year old players on your rebuild will keep you in rebuild for a while... 

Four losses were legit WDIS decisions that fell the wrong way. Going to have my worst regular season ever (10th or 11th pending next week) in 24 years. With a few breaks I'd be 8-4 and the #2 seed. 3rd in points scored. Also 3rd in points allowed (3 behind the PA leader, 2 behind the next team - all three of us occupy 10-12.)

Guess I was due for a bad year sooner or later.

Facing the team I'm competing with for division lead, back 1 game, I chose well in running out all my Saints against the l Rams D. 

Brees, Ingram, Snead, & Thomas, and I coulda started one more with Hightower at Flex but was worried about the Rams tough run D. :doh:  

With Mike Evans & David Johnson as well, I had more TDs than I've ever had in a game.  Those 6 combined for damn near 200. 

Woot!

:pickle:
Double brag: 

I posted this before the night game, where Derick Johnson (12), Von Miller (37), Eric Berry (14)  went ham to add to the above and result in the single highest scoring game in our league's 12 year history.  

In case you're wondering about the huge scores, we're tackle heavy with 1 pt per ATK, 2 per TKL, and at 3 sacks, IDP-ers get an extra 1/2 sack bonus, and at 10 tackles, they get a 2 point bonus.  Crazy. My team racked up 344.8 and my opponent, who would have outscored anyone else in the league at 244.3, lost by 100 points. :o   

I only wish the Saints/Rams and Broncos/Chiefs could play every week.  :wub:

Mr. Know-It-All said:
As I was watching the end of that game and saw him taking kneel downs from the shotgun - my first thought was how that would impact fantasy.  Kneel downs from the shotgun?  Really?  That is BRUTAL.
And just like that, the fantasy gods change their mind 

scoring change puts owner in playoffs 

funny game 

One of the strongest teams I've ever had in 20 years of dynasty football.  And I'm in grave danger of missing the playoffs.  Why?  Injuries.

Lost either all year or a chunk of the season from Adrian Peterson, Eddie Lacy, Keenan Allen, AJ Green, Eric Decker, Jeremy Maclin, and Gronk. 

Not just injuries.  Key injuries everywhere, and a lot of them.

I've had enough contributions from other guys to still be in the middle of the pack in scoring and at least a chance of holding on, but what a disappointing year.

This is my first year having to watch the NFL Network version of RedZone instead of the DirecTV version. It's terrible. The ticker on the bottom of the screen today is showing Thanksgiving day scores and stats.  If it's not showing that it's showing the Thursday night stats. They constantly miss plays or cut away too soon or cut away when a guy is hurt and give no update. They're fascinated with showing Chi-SF doing nothing.  Man do i miss those big ears.

Glad I started Kaepernick and Davante Adams today. I'm done with FF. Gonna lose to the last place team in our league today who didn't even bother to set a lineup. Oh yea, and made of glass Wilson from Chi strained his labia in the 1st Q. 

This is my first year having to watch the NFL Network version of RedZone instead of the DirecTV version. It's terrible. The ticker on the bottom of the screen today is showing Thanksgiving day scores and stats.  If it's not showing that it's showing the Thursday night stats. They constantly miss plays or cut away too soon or cut away when a guy is hurt and give no update. 
I have been using the NFL Network's RedZone for years.  I know it is worse, but it is under $40 a season, so I put up with it.

That said, the production values seem to have gotten worse during this year.  Today's show is terrible.  And, yes, I noticed all the Thanksgiving game scores mixed into this weeks leaders and am like WTF.  How did Cousins throw for 449 yards and 3 scores already..?

Oh, and I started Kaepernick and Davante Adams, as well, today.  I hate snow.  I hate this stupid game.  Frickem Frackem Fudge!

Somehow I have a chance to sneak into the playoffs coming from 9th place today. Everything has fallen into place so far but still need a guy that is projected to lose to go ahead and lose and for TY Hilton to score at least 8.57 points tomorrow night. 

This Sunday night game is going to be important. Guy I need to lose has a lot of guys playing and his opponent has only Jimmy Graham. 

Go Jimmy!!!!!!

Just one of those years.

Will miss the playoffs in 2 leagues due to the tiebreaker.  One is because H2H is the leading tiebreaker.  So two teams will finish ahead of me even though I scored about 150-200 points more during the year, but they careered when they played against me.

I'm not one to generally post in this thread--but had one of the most frustrating experiences in a fantasy league this season.  Play in a 10 team head to head and my team has the 2nd highest point total in the league by a solid margin (the third highest total point team has nearly 70 fewer points than I on the season).  My total points are not of the boom/bust variety--I've only had the highest weekly score in the league one time--my team consistently does well week to week. With that being said--my team needed to win this week to make the playoffs because every one of my opponents tends to go "god mode" against me.     I had Jordan Howard, David Johnson, Z ertz, cobb going yesterday--but of course Drew Brees kills me.  My opponents TE is delanie walker--who is on bye--so he fills in with dennis f'ing Pitta.  My opponent also starts Prater at kicker.  The best part is that I scored the second highest weekly score on the week---and guess who scores the highest?  My effing opponent.    Second highest total score in the league by a mile--and I miss the playoffs. The best part is that there is some pop off in the league that is tied for the 6th highest total score that makes the playoffs because his "points against" is the second lowest--and he's being obnoxious about the teams missing the playoffs being chumps, dead money, and has even resorted to making personal attacks on people he doesn't even know (including myself).   Luckily l have two bye weeks for the playoffs on the other two leagues I'm in--so that certainly softens the burn a bit. 

0 for 3 on my 50/50 choices for K, D, and QB on the same team.  If I had chose correctly on any of those I win.  Fitz couldn't even get me one stupid TD before being benched.

Somehow I turned drafting Jamaal Charles, Josh Gordon, Arian Foster, and Kevin White in rounds 3, 5, 6, and 7 into an 8-3 FBG championship team.  Thank you David Johnson for falling to the 10 spot ?

Somehow I turned drafting Jamaal Charles, Josh Gordon, Arian Foster, and Kevin White in rounds 3, 5, 6, and 7 into an 8-3 FBG championship team.  Thank you David Johnson for falling to the 10 spot ?
He went 12th in my one league where I finished  11-2.  I couldn't believe he fell that far.

Been very lucky to avoid injuries this year in this league.

Out of 16 rounds, these players were drafted and stayed on my team all year.

D. Johnson, Cooper, Hilton, Forte, Manning, Shepherd, Riddick, Winston, White, Lewis, Denver.  11 players, that's got to be a record for me.

rick6668 said:
He went 12th in my one league where I finished  11-2.  I couldn't believe he fell that far.

Been very lucky to avoid injuries this year in this league.

Out of 16 rounds, these players were drafted and stayed on my team all year.

D. Johnson, Cooper, Hilton, Forte, Manning, Shepherd, Riddick, Winston, White, Lewis, Denver.  11 players, that's got to be a record for me.
Only 9 here.  Carr, Mariota, DJohnson, Bell, Ware, dion Lewis, Edelman, Diggs, Sanu.  I saw a lot of teams take wr early but still feel like RBs held teams together and hitting one of the QBs late instead of going early on someone like newton or Rodgers worked out great.

I would have taken Johnson 1.1

Loved his potential. 

He went 1.3 or 1.5 in my league.

Loved his potential. 

I don't disagree but for some reason in the FBG championship leagues everyone goes WR heavy.  The first 9 picks were WR.  The guy that won the other league I was in went WR his first 5 picks.  

Loved his potential. 

I had the #1 pick this year and tried to trade out of it - but no one in our league likes to trade.  I knew the 2-3-4 guys were going Odell, Julio and Bell (Steelers fan - and took him despite suspension).  So My plan was to take DJ at 5.  Well no one would trade so I HAD to take Antonio Brown (ppr league).  While Brown has been phenomenal, DJ has been even better.  Hind sight is 20/20.  So I wound up with CJA as my RB1 and that led to RB roulette every week for the rest of the season with the likes of Dixon, Michael, Duke Johnson, Booker, Bibbs, etc.  Screw this zero RB theory - NEVER again.

2QB league, started A Smith and Cooper, since I couldn't risk Kaepernick getting benched again.

1st half - they scored 16 1/2 points between them

2nd half....... negative 1/2 a point!

Thanks for ending my season before Sunday.

I got a bunch of cheaters on my team - DQ'well Jackson and Kenny Vaccaro suspended for PEDs just in time for the playoffs.  Wish Michael Thomas had taken PEDs so he wouldn't be urt this week as well.  13 weeks of planning and my boys finally got caught cheating.  Well, at least the regular season was fun while it lasted.

Users who are viewing this thread