What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving. (1 Viewer)

Lost by less than a point and made two bad decisions that would have reversed the outcome. Started Cincy (4) over min (8) and charcandrick west over Lamar miller. Would have been 6-0 if I had not second guessed and picked up Cincy when it was confirmed T-Mobile was out.

"Upgraded" at kicker last week to Matt Bryant for no particular reason other than the Falcons are putting up points this year.

He puts up 3, I lose by 2 on Luck's garbage-time TD last night.

My team should NEVER lose to the one I played this week:

Me:

Dalton

L Bell

Woodhead

Megatron

Demaryius Thomas

Edelman

Gronk

M Bryant

Pats D

Him:

Luck

Mark Ingram

Denard Robinson (seriously?!?)

Allen Hurns

Eric Decker

Mocrief

Juluis Thomas

Gostowski

Bills DEF

Yes, a team with Dalton, LeVeon Bell, Gronk, and Edelman was beat by a team starting 3 Jacksonville Jaguars.

I just had to get a better kicker....

Antonio Brown and Randall Cobb...oof. My opponent had some guys with off days, but still. 3-0 before Big Ben missed a start, 1-2 since with both losses probably wins if AB has Roethlisberger throwing to him.

Had a good week, but next week looks questionable since Allen Robinson, Keenan Allen, and Sammy Watkins all got dinged up.

Three weeks ago I was 0-3. After tonight, I'll be 3-3 (while posting the league high score for the last weeks). A good reminder to not panic when the season starts slow; stay patient and keep playing a smart game. Until so many losses pile up that you won't be able to realistically make the playoffs, stay positive.

Ugh, my 4-1 team has a very real chance of going 4-2 because my opponent (generally one of the weak sisters in our league) decided to play Colin Kaepernick over Aaron Rodgers.

He's got DeMarco Murray going tonight, and I'm crossing my fingers for no TD's and less than 90 total yards. Looks like he and I will have the two highest scores in the league this week, and I'm going to get the rubber hose.

Shouldn't be too upset though, I pulled a win earlier this year with the third lowest score in the league that week. What comes around...

Down by 6 going into tonight with Bradford and Giants kicker against Jennings. Predicted to win by 20 and now I'm going to lose. #### you Bradford.

Had Odell, down 33 in PPR. Didn't expect it to happen. But then 19 points at the half? Now you have my attention.

And the Giants are unable to get the ball in his hands ONE time in the second half.

I did pull off a ridiculous win in which I was up less than 2 points heading into the night v Josh Brown. So that's cool, I guess.

Going against Murray there gave me a heart attack. Was up 4.5 until that last drive and he rattled off 35 yards. Thank God for the kneel downs, won by 0.95

Lost by less than a point. Had Eli, Jennings, Randle, and Sturgis. Jennings had a catch that would have put me over the top in garbage time...but Noooooo...offsetting penalties. Giants punt, wave white flag. So close and so far. FU Giants for not fighting to the bitter end!

Had my 16 game winning streak snapped in a 16 team superflex :kicksrock:

Provided a lot of fodder for talking smack and had a lot of fun with it. Time to start a new one

I went out on a limb by not getting an option to plug in for ODB if he were to miss Monday night. Dodged a bullet.

Award points for 300yd pass, 100yd receive and 100 yd rush.

Manning (yuck) throws for 290, Fitz catches 93 and J. Jones catches 93. THEN....Edelman and OBJ disappear at the half! I lost by 5 being the 2nd highest scoring team this week. Happened last week as well!

Good God. I lost by only 8.5 pts & I had Rivers/JStew/John Brown/Steve Smith on my bench (started: Brees/Dion Lewis/Brandin Cooks (UGHHHH)/Duke Johnson). FMMFL

Went into last night tied, with Eli going against Demarco on the other team. Guess who won?

Peyton may not be able to throw the ball from one side of the driveway to the other at this point, but he is still 100x the QB his brother ever was.

Went into last night tied, with Eli going against Demarco on the other team. Guess who won?

Peyton may not be able to throw the ball from one side of the driveway to the other at this point, but he is still 100x the QB his brother ever was.
yup. One of the great tragedies of football is that dope Eli has one more ring than big brother.

Kind of pissed - just saw the updated standings. I am 0-6 with the most points allowed, 6th (out of 12) for most points scored. There are 5 teams that are either 3-3 or 2-4 that have scored less than me. Not saying my team is good by any stretch - but 0-6? I need to fire my AD and get a better schedule.

One league I played against Brady, Dalton, Newton, Ivory, Ingram, Beckham, Edelman, Landry, Olsen and the Denver defense. I lost by 90.

Another league......I score 140+ for the second straight week and lost. This week I played against Luck, Freeman, and Olsen. Previous week I ran into Hopkins and Eifert.

Just noticed the league I am 5-1 in, I lead everyone in points by 100 and I also have the most points against. As a matter of fact, my Points Against is actually more than the 2nd team in points scored. My average score is 142-127. Wow. Last night I went against Lynch so looks like Im in store for another shootout.

I hate making the wrong decision on Sundays. Enhanced even more when its a 9:30 game. Sat Yeldon cause it didn't sound liked he'd play much or well against Bills defense. Sigh

Last edited by a moderator:
Between byes and injuries, my Week 7 lineup looks like this

Carson Palmer

C. West

C. Simms

M.Jones

Ginn Jr

Diggs

Barnidge

Hauschka

KC Defense

In 25 years of playing FF, I don't know if I have ever started a worse lineup. I think I may get more points from my bye players....

Just noticed the league I am 5-1 in, I lead everyone in points by 100 and I also have the most points against. As a matter of fact, my Points Against is actually more than the 2nd team in points scored. My average score is 142-127. Wow. Last night I went against Lynch so looks like Im in store for another shootout.
lmfao dude has miller, Landry, and arob. He has 121 pts so far

I traded away Lamar Miller a couple of weeks ago - basically as a throw in - of course I am playing that team this week.

Seems like ADP cannot score in the red zone. How many times has this team had a first and goal inside the 10 and they cannot get a good blocking scheme.

I was all set to swap Amendola out for Tavon Austin just before kickoff, then got distracted and forgot to hit "Submit" :lmao: :bowtie:

Very irritating that NFL.com continually removes defensive stats from live views. Can't say how many times I have too refresh the damn pages. :rant:

Once I set them leave them alone!

Rivers is killing me. All I need is like 10-15 pts from him, hopefully 2nd half will be better. Really need to win this week as a small tonic for losing Foster

Matt Jones & Phillip Rivers, yuck for me; opponent gets a late TD from Moncrief, a 75 yd run from ADP after Lions had held him down all game; now Wittne is tearing me a new one.

Would like to vent, furious bout a couple of things. No, it's not about sitting a player who went off, or my starter not doing anything.

After Diggs first game I talked myself out of picking him up. Next week someone got him in waivers, when I planned to pick him up. Would love to have him. ######.

A few weeks back, offered a couple trades for Miller. Owner didn't even ####### respond with a decline, at the least, so I could counter with more. Given his play off match ups, I would have offered much more but of course his lazy ### owner can't even click accept or decline.

Gonna be 2-5 on the year, lost Foster, Im the highest scoring team in the league, my point against are 100 more than I have on the season. #### this game.

I'm going to lose my game against the guy I'm tied with in standings because of Rivers, after finally making all of the right calls on every other position.

O.K., I totally understand waiting to complain about under-performing players until the game is pretty much over, but damn, I thought it was o.k. to whine about Phillip Rivers while the game was ongoing. From a fantasy perspective, what an unreal 4th quarter to come from a total #### game to likely top 5 this week. WOW, I actually have a chance now.

I shouldve traded woodhead for rivers not brees. And of course the guy i traded woodhead to i played this week. Went against the high in both leagues

Draft/ Trades, I put together a team that I thought was a juggernaut:

Le'Veon Bell

Arian Peterson

DeAndre Hopkins

Odell Beckham

Brandon Marshall

Losing by 30 ! I have 0 TD's today so far.

Have Palmer/Olsen/Tucker left

He has Matthews/Fitzgerald left

O.K., I totally understand waiting to complain about under-performing players until the game is pretty much over, but damn, I thought it was o.k. to whine about Phillip Rivers while the game was ongoing. From a fantasy perspective, what an unreal 4th quarter to come from a total #### game to likely top 5 this week. WOW, I actually have a chance now.
Agreed. Rivers>Woodhead 4th quarter won my game. But that was pure garbage time bs. Moving forward I'll be keeping an eye on a solid backup QB if Rivers starts fading again. 80% of this game was pure garbage

Auction keeper league.

I made the shrewd move not to bid too high on Gurley.

Did manage to land Abdullah later on in draft.

Have regretted it since the moment I let Gurley go.

Did I mention it is a keeper league?

I'm an idiot.

Users who are viewing this thread