What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving. (1 Viewer)

I love this game. :wall:

Last week, I score 205 points, thanks to Rodgers, Julio, K Allen, and the AZ defense.

This week.......they lay an egg. I may not make it to 100.

I had an EPIC battle vs my couzin who has been playing fantasy with me for 20 years.. Me and him head to head in my big money league. Started out at 75th surprise bday party for my grandpas wife at 4pm we were checking scores constantly battling back and forth. Left party at 730 and I went over his house to watch the game at 830, with us both having two players me Brees, Witten and him Randle, Bailey. Down 124-100 going in and after a Randle TD I thought I was done. When NO was setting up for the FG at the end. He somehow missed a chip shot and sent it into overtime. I was about to leave down 140- 128 putting coat on feeling dejected about starting out 0-4 and then this happened....... AMAZING

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/0ap3000000550220/Can-t-Miss-Play-Spiller-s-80-yard-TD-for-the-win

As of right now I won 141-140

starting line ups

TWT-141 The Crew-140

Brees A. Dalton

Forsett, Gio A. Peterson, J. Randle

D.Hop, K.Allen, A. Robinson S. Smith, E. Sanders, M. Wallace

J. Witten M. Bennett

Crosby D. Bailey

CIN GB

Last edited by a moderator:
I am 1st or 2nd in every league I am in and I'm having the most miserable experience ever due to all the injuries and "out of nowhere" performances.

I feel I'm cheated with every concussion, even if I win. I feel I'm cheating everytime I plug in something called Gary Barnidge because I have to and I steal a win.

We all know FF has never made the most sense in the world but I am truly at the point of "what IS the point?" No matter what you do, it can go any way in the world...and does...and all I'm getting from it is a false sense of doom or hope, depending on the week and a healthy hatred of Fanduel and Draftking commercials.

I'm Megatron scoring less than 22 points away from winning all of my leagues for 3 out of 4 weeks. 5-0 again!!!

First place in all 5 leagues and top points in 3/5 (so far...)

Oh and I could go 5-0 this week with Gronk on a bye (owned in all five leagues) :thumbup:

I'm waiting for the season to go to crap because this is my best year so far.

Had my weakest week of the season. Went 3-3 in my leagues (all dynasty & one redraft).

Tough week with top players. I expect a big bounce back though.

Losing this week because the Houston Texans couldnt even make the game competitive enough for Matt Ryan and Julio to play for more than a half.

Mutha ####ers!!!

Ingram's Butt! Pending stat corrections, I won one by less than a point and lost another by less than a point.

16 Tight Ends

24 Wide Receivers

25 Running Backs

6 Quarterbacks

a minimum of Fantasy Football Offensive players hurt into Week 4 - all of these players were FF draftable.

This says nothing of the Offensive linemen and Defensive players who all have also missed games (and there are tons of them also).

My prediction?

The NFL won't last another 10 years.

This is nothing more than the modern day form of the Romans/Gladiators/Lions/Christians.

These professional players will soon realize that all this money/fame is not worth the short lives most of them will have.

This is UNREAL. I had Seattle defense going against Detroit tonight at home. All I needed for a tie was ONE sack--ONE! One interception or one fumble recovery would have worked as well. Any MORE than one of those things, and I would have won the game outright.

So what happens? This vaunted defense doesn't record a single sack against the human turnstiles known as the Liono-line. No turnovers. NOTHING, against one of the most inept offensive teams in the league!

Taking a deep breath...

Hey, that's FF, right? Flukes are going to happen--no big deal!

But having said that....

...JFC!!! Are you $&@%#$ KIDDING me???? $&@&$&%!

fantasy stud said:
hey, I just lost on Russell Wilton's last pass of the game. Couldn't they just run it on 3rd and 2 like normal teams?
I just won by 1.4 on that pass. I thought I was done because my opponent had Calvin Johnson.

fantasy stud said:
hey, I just lost on Russell Wilton's last pass of the game. Couldn't they just run it on 3rd and 2 like normal teams?
i needed 1 yard out of rawls to win it. and they bombed it.

Whelp I am losing one league solely because I drafted Jimmy Graham... So much for thinking Bevell would know how to use the freak athlete... But no, just like Zach Miller and Percy Harvin, he just doesn't know how to do anything besides check downs and run plays...

fantasy stud said:
I needed 5 from Graham in 1 league, and lost by 2 in another, because of Chancellor's forced fumble. I did win my cheap buy in league though!! go me...

Julio Jones, Steve Smith, Brandin Cooks & Travis Kelce combined for 17/136/0. That pretty much sums up my week. Wasted a nice effort by Rivers.

1-3, 2nd in the league in points. Most points against.

Rolling this out there next week and for the future:

QB Tom Brady

RB Arian Foster

RB Dion Lewis

WR Odell Beckham Jr

WR Jeremy Maclin

WR Alshon Jeffery

TE Rob Gronkowski

Hoping to report back in 2 months at 9-3 and heading into the playoffs :)

I need help. I'm 0-4 in one leage and 1-3 in the other. I'm failing at this, I can't believe it. My team has been plagued by injuries, it's ridiculous.

Going to lose this week when the Latavius Murray fumble is switched to Carr.

Final score will be 133.01-133.06....

Yeah.

ESPN had projected me to lose big last week so I swapped STL (who was playing a tough ARI) to a DEF playing on Monday. That way if I was out of contention after Sunday I could have someone to drop without remorse for Thomas Rawls should Beast Mode stay hurt. Finished Sunday up by one point and that DEF left to play. Opponent was playing Doug Baldwin, Eric Ebron, and Matt Prater on Monday night and figured I was toast but missed the window to add Rawls. That DEF was the Lions and I ended up winning the week by 5 points.

I needed 5 from Graham in 1 league, and lost by 2 in another, because of Chancellor's forced fumble. I did win my cheap buy in league though!! go me...
Apparently , this saga wasn't over. I had lost by 0.9 because of the Russel Wilson pass. It appears now I have won by 0.1 because of a stat correction where they took the fumble away from L. Murray and gave it to Carr. This has turned out to be my biggest grieving to bragging post ever.

Well, that was a nice Thursday night. Only 1 of my 3 teams had anyone going and I had Gore, Foster and Hopkins in PPR. 65 points before Sunday. If Hoyer could have hit Hopkins for the TD and Gore gotten 2 more yards, I would have had 80, which would have been absurd for a Thursday night game. I don't think I had ever had a "good" game from my Thursday night starters.

So let's see...................

In one league, I started Jeremy Hill in week 1, no worries 18.3 fantasy points,..... 2 TDs. :wub:

In week 2 I started Jeremy Hill again, and it was an abysmal showing. 2 fumbles and less than 40 yards for .10 TYVM. :wall:

The chatter begins, lost confidence.......Gio with a great showing etc.

In week 3, I started Hill again, and he went crazy for a grand total of 21 yards. (2.1 fantasy pts) :wall:

The talk continues, Gio getting more work, bad matchup etc. etc.

In week 4 I BENCHED HILL in a supposed "tough matchup" vs. KC. 3 TDs later, add in a 2 pt conversion for 24 points. :wall:

Now we get to week 5, in the toughest of all tough matchups, vs. SEATTLE.

As luck would have it, I also found Rawls on the wire last week and nabbed him before the games, and I am debating playing Rawls over Hill.

Rawls should get every carry in the universe with Lynch out, and FJAX injured.

I think I am going to start Rawls due to sheer workload.

If Hill goes off this time, I will never bench him again. :ph34r:

(to make it worse I cuffed him with Gio, whom I haven't started yet, he is at least more dependable for 8 - 10 points or more.)

TZM

With that 72-yard TD overturn on AJ Green's catch, my players have now had a TD overturned every week this season. I had two overturned both week 1 and 3.

Started Hankerson, James Jones, Evans, Hill and nothing. Benched Martin in another league. Doesn't look good this week.

This is why I hate this hobby. Raiders need 13 yards to knock my opponents defense back 10 points. They get 15 and fumble which is overturned to an incomplete. Then, they get the ball back with plenty of time for easy yards. Just need 13. Carr bombs it, PI. Oakland kicks a FG because they need two scores and want to save time. Of course, they don't get the onside kick and I can go #### myself.

Started 0-4, just a disaster, but still had playoff hopes as my team is pretty decent on paper. This week I finally have a nice week, score well, second top score of the week in a 16 team league. Unfortunately, played the top scorer. And.....0-5, season over.

Moncrief's fail probably the difference in the end.

My dyno team is freaking insane. I've worked hard for years to build this sucker. But the last two weeks my awesome lineup of Ryan/Charles/Gurley/Julio/DT/ODB/Graham has laid giant turds. Got beat by the bottom dweller team last week then got thumped this week. Now with Charles hurt, I'm looking at starting Alfred Morris next week. ####

Tonight, I can actually celebrate.

Now I can bench Jeremy Hill and just be done with him.

Unfortunately, I don't think I can get anything in trade for him either so I think that means he will just burn up a roster spot.

I can also give up on Ronnie Hillman too it seems.

TZM

Andy Dalton. I should have had faith. Even the Seahawks cannot restrain your greatness. I will never doubt you again.

Alex Smith: YOU, I will doubt.

Ill be the second highest scoring team after this week, Ill also have a 1-4 record. beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer beer

Thanks Odell. This would be a great drive to get some last minute points. So, all of a sudden I go from a nice lead in 2 games with a quarter left to one opponent getting more points out of Boldin (his best game of the season of course) and Josh Brown (have to settle without Odell to help) and my other opponent having Hyde. Now I have a slim lead in one with both of us having 1 guy and down by 9 in the other where I still had the Giants D and they lose 3 more points. Glad I benched Seattle for the Giants (I'd have won that game since Brown won't kick a FG).

ETA: Let's make it down by 10 since Odell comes back in and gets a PI call and Brown gets another XP. I'll bet Boldin gets another catch. I know lots of us say this, but man I am really despising FF this year. So many injuries and lost a game by 1 last week when I picked up a K and shouldn't have and am 3-2 and tied for 1st in the division instead of 4-1 with a 2 game lead. If I lose the one down by 10 (still have Gates), I'll be the #2 scoring team in the league yet 2 games out of first place in my division.

ETA: Mfer. I get a sack, down by 9. They run a dump off to Boldin, he gets 100 yards, so a 5 point play for my opponent. WTF do I do this for? Why would they run a dump off to an old Boldin? He isn't a rookie anymore, he couldn't even think of taking one 80 yards. I thought Kaep had an arm. MFer, hate this ### #### stuff. I really need to think about giving this up.

Jeffery, M.Bryant, Dez injured. J.Matthews and Calvin stinking it up every week. Looks like I'm starting Robinson and Hurns every week.

Users who are viewing this thread