What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving. (1 Viewer)

Going into tonight I was down around 20 points and I thought for sure I was going to lose this week and then Randall Cobb happened and now I'm up 15 points. :pickle:

Went into tonight up by 35 pts with Lacy and Kelce to play.

Opponent had James Jones and Jamaal Charles. He gets 4 TDs. I get no TDs. I lose by 3 pts.

Screw Aaron Rodgers and Randall Cobb. Would it kill you to give your stud RB one freakin goal line carry? Nooooooo, pretty boy has to throw for five freakin touchdowns, three of which from inside the 5 yard line, as Lacy just stands there wondering when the hell he'll ever see the end zone again...

Last edited by a moderator:
Eminence said:
But your logic with regard to this thread is flawed. In the OP, you say that he's going to be able to take advantage of #2s because of OBJ's presence. You are basically saying he's a viable option each week when he had one fluke play where he didn't even make a catch initially account for most of his production.

Week 3 will you be using the same sharky analysis to chase points?
It depends who is on waivers but with Cruz back there might not be enough targets to go around. I'll probably grab Kenny Britt, Darren Sproles, Pierre Garcon, Ty Montgomery, Marvin Jones type player for next week if nobody steps up off my bench.I like Ginn and Heyward-bey to randomly pull down a TD against the right team.
Most these guys had good weeks.

Assuming you're not in a deep league and this is PPR, your WR core is in trouble if you're already relying on Rueben freakin Randle in week 3.
How am I in trouble? I just got insane value out of my flex. I can pick another waiver gem next week.
What he means is if you are fishing for waiver gems Week 2 to fill out your lineup you are not as smart as you think you are.
It is with Antonio Gates, Todd Gurley, Arian Foster, and Antonio Gates on my bench. :) Buying time before I release the kraken.
Gates & Gates should be unstoppable.

I was up 64 pts going into Monday night with Lacy going. I was up 30 going into the final quarter.

And lost by 1. My opponent had James Jones, Maclin, A Smith (superflex), and Mason Crosby. That KC garbage time stats screwed me, and now I am 0-3 in this league and pretty much done.

QB-5 Cutler-Hams, Roethlisberger-Knee, Romo-Should, McCown-Conc, Brees-Rot. Cuff

RB-20 McCoy-Leg, Hams, L. Bell-Susp, Blount-Susp, J. Bell-Knee, Ank, C.J.Anderson-Toe, Ank, J. Thompson-Neck, Lynch-Hams,Calf, Ellington-Knee, Ivory-Quad,Groin, Gurley-Knee, R. Bush-Calf, Foster-Groin, D.Murray-Hams, Coleman-Ribs, Lacy-Ank, Spiller-Knee, Mason-Thigh, Taliaferro-Foot, Herron-Knee, D. Robinson-Knee

WR-18 Jeffery-Calf/Ham, Bryant-Knee, Cruz-Calf, Evans-Ham, Royal-Hip, M.Lee-Hams, Ch. Johnson-Ribs, Watkins-Calf, Hurns-Thigh, Decker-Knee, D.Jackson-Hams, Cotchery-Ank, J. Nelson-Knee, Huff-Hams, R. Greene-Thumb, D. Parker-Foot, M.Bryant-Susp, Perriman-Knee

TE-12 V. Davis-Knee, L.Green-Conc, Seferian-Jenkins-Should, D.Allen-Ank, J.Thomas-Finger, Dan Fells-Foot, N.Paul-Knee, Pitta-Hip, Cumberland-Conc, Pettigrew-Hams, D.Sims-Conc, Tamme-Conc

55 draftable Offensive players lost to injury or suspension in just the first 3 weeks.

This has gone long past the point of ridiculous.

Definitely my last year in FF.

High score in all 3 of my Zealots Field leagues this week.

Am a combined 8-1 in said leagues; the only loss on the season was week 1 in one of them where I lost by a score of 244.82-243.42 and scored the second most points in the league for the week.

Up by 99. Went against Rodgers Cobb and Mason. Lost by 3.
I was up 64 pts going into Monday night with Lacy going. I was up 30 going into the final quarter.

And lost by 1. My opponent had James Jones, Maclin, A Smith (superflex), and Mason Crosby. That KC garbage time stats screwed me, and now I am 0-3 in this league and pretty much done.
JFC

When I dropped Andre Williams and Fred Jackson in the preseason to pickup Matt Jones and K Williams in redraft everyone mocked me. I'm the one dynasty owner in our redraft league and they all shy away from rookies. Mariota and these 2 RBs. Who's laughing now #####es!!!!

Have Antonio Brown and Steve Smith going tonight. Sweet 12 point performance, Smith gets hurt, and a preview of the best WR turning into a pumpkin with that pos Vick at QB.

Good times.

I KNEW Steve Smiff was gonna lay an egg tonight, I just knew it. GD Thursday night games.... I still started him. FML.

After spending two weeks and countless phone calls working on what turned out to be a win win deal, the idiots who run fantasy bowl.com decided to kill the trade due to their idiotic trade review system that allows the first 100 site members who see the trade to vote on it. You veto a trade due to collusion morons, you're not God, your guess on who wins is meaningless. Want a refund, screw fantasy bowl.com

I KNEW Steve Smiff was gonna lay an egg tonight, I just knew it. GD Thursday night games.... I still started him. FML.
At least I was going against Brown, so only a 3 point deficit and Smith is my WR3, Brown is his best guy.

That said, FU Scobee. Going against Bell, Brown and Tucker in 3 different leagues and all my opponents got a good amount of garbage time points because Scobee sucks. Tucker got almost 10 more points alone.

ETA: Damn, I wasn't even thinking about it, but I started Smith (last week) over Matthews partly due to match ups but also thinking it would be tough for Matthews to have 3 20 point games in a row. I didn't even think about it in reverse since Smith just had 2 in a row as well before this week. That said, that one hit on the sideline hurt. Smith easily gets another 3+ receptions and has a decent to good night in PPR if he doesn't get hurt.

QB-5 Cutler-Hams, Roethlisberger-Knee, Romo-Should, McCown-Conc, Brees-Rot. Cuff

RB-20 McCoy-Leg, Hams, L. Bell-Susp, Blount-Susp, J. Bell-Knee, Ank, C.J.Anderson-Toe, Ank, J. Thompson-Neck, Lynch-Hams,Calf, Ellington-Knee, Ivory-Quad,Groin, Gurley-Knee, R. Bush-Calf, Foster-Groin, D.Murray-Hams, Coleman-Ribs, Lacy-Ank, Spiller-Knee, Mason-Thigh, Taliaferro-Foot, Herron-Knee, D. Robinson-Knee

WR-18 Jeffery-Calf/Ham, Bryant-Knee, Cruz-Calf, Evans-Ham, Royal-Hip, M.Lee-Hams, Ch. Johnson-Ribs, Watkins-Calf, Hurns-Thigh, Decker-Knee, D.Jackson-Hams, Cotchery-Ank, J. Nelson-Knee, Huff-Hams, R. Greene-Thumb, D. Parker-Foot, M.Bryant-Susp, Perriman-Knee

TE-12 V. Davis-Knee, L.Green-Conc, Seferian-Jenkins-Should, D.Allen-Ank, J.Thomas-Finger, Dan Fells-Foot, N.Paul-Knee, Pitta-Hip, Cumberland-Conc, Pettigrew-Hams, D.Sims-Conc, Tamme-Conc

55 draftable Offensive players lost to injury or suspension in just the first 3 weeks.

This has gone long past the point of ridiculous.

Definitely my last year in FF.
You are at the point I was 5 years ago. Ran into a ton of injuries went 3-10, the next year same story but somehow went 5-8 despite another rash of injuries. Get to the point where it is just a game, and you can start enjoying watching football again instead of having It ruined by fantasy football performance. It is still a great hobby, but much more enjoyable when it is a hobby not an obsession.

Already without Brady, Dion Lewis, and Gronk, and having to wait on Foster till Noon, and now Jeffery gets scratched.

I may end up starting a historically poor lineup. Already got it going last night with Maxx Williams and his 2 for 17.

You are at the point I was 5 years ago. Ran into a ton of injuries went 3-10, the next year same story but somehow went 5-8 despite another rash of injuries. Get to the point where it is just a game, and you can start enjoying watching football again instead of having It ruined by fantasy football performance. It is still a great hobby, but much more enjoyable when it is a hobby not an obsession.

Know it all -

Yet even tonight, I laugh and cry at the same time. I have Rivers/QB and Gordon/RB on one team and I have Keenan Allen on another. So, what is announced today? That THREE offensive linemen for SD will not be playing. Are you freaking kidding me?

This in addition to having Antonio Brown and Heath Miller who are now QB'd by the running (and seemingly unable to throw) Michael Vick.

As I said, this is MY LAST YEAR in FF - and I don't care if I win my league(s).

The NFL is swirling down the faucet and they don't even realize it.

:D :excited: :thumbup: My week 4 opponent started Ravens DST & Heath Miller on TNF (good for a combined 7.5 pts in my league's scoring, barring stat corrections)

:missing: :sadbanana: :kicksrock: I started Steve Smith on TNF

Of course, I did the move of Crabtree from flex to WR first (Cooks playing late) and then did the Dunbar and Ivory switch but it was 9:25 and sportsline stopped me. :wall: So now, Dunbar starting because I forgot the time and missed by seconds. Ivory now completely going off of course as I thought he would. Damn London game.

ETA: Playing Fitz so of course Stacy doesn't get in the end zone, probably a running play. :wall:Yep, Stacy scores on a 2 yarder. Ugh, Fitz could be having a fantastic game if the Dolphins D didn't suck so much.

ETA: Even better, Crabtree catches a ball early and then gets hurt on a Cooper reception. I'm about ready to call it a season. Hopefully my other two teams win and I can just dump this team.

Hybrid said:
Started Ivory over Freeman last week, started Lamar Miller over Ivory this week.
Just curious what have you seen out of Miller this year that would cause you to start Miller against a stout defense like the Jets?

The following 8 guys for me in one league all scored less than projected. Taylor, L. Murray, Stewart, M. Jones, A Brown, J. Jones, J. Mathews, J. Brown. Try to do that next week. Pick 8 guys that would be players you would consider starting In a normal league and see if they will all score less than your league site' s projections.

Maybe the most frustrated I have ever been during a week of fantasy.

Up against a Ryan, Lacy, Hyde, Julio, OBJ, Bills D/ST owner who has only put up 41 points and only has his TE left after 4 o'clock games.

Me? Palmer, AP, L.Murray, J.Matthews, Robinson, Olsen. 32 POINTS?? Only have Calvin left after the 4 o'clock games. Guess I better drop c.mike so I can pick up the saints kicker(Gostkowski owner). Total BS of a week. My bench is pure stank as well, Forsett the only guy with >1 point. Oh, yeah Forsett is on my bench.

John Brown's fluky low production is baffling.

Dude draws more PI penalties than possibly anyone I have ever seen.

Then the one time he was open, Carson Palmer under threw him. :wall:

TZM

And I think I've just about had enough this season. Going to go to 0-4 scoring only 60 points despite being projected as the week's high scorer. I literally can do nothing right this year. Don't even want to think about football, let alone this loser of a fantasy football squad :( To think I started the year feeling good about about getting guys like Luck, Dez, Beckham Jr, DJax, Gore, Forsett, Foster, Abdullah. Not to mention getting pickups like Eifert, James Jones, Blount, Karlos Williams. Sure, one or two might have a good week here and there but it just never syncs together to equal a win.

Maybe the most frustrated I have ever been during a week of fantasy.

Up against a Ryan, Lacy, Hyde, Julio, OBJ, Bills D/ST owner who has only put up 41 points and only has his TE left after 4 o'clock games.

Me? Palmer, AP, L.Murray, J.Matthews, Robinson, Olsen. 32 POINTS?? Only have Calvin left after the 4 o'clock games. Guess I better drop c.mike so I can pick up the saints kicker(Gostkowski owner). Total BS of a week. My bench is pure stank as well, Forsett the only guy with >1 point. Oh, yeah Forsett is on my bench.
AP just saved my week on a 48 yard TD run. Far from over though.

Lead my league in scoring for three weeks in a row, but today, I only get 3 from Julio, 3 from ODB, 4 currently from Cobb, rough week and first loss

Every week I go up against a kicker that has a career game. This week, Catanzaro. Need a monster game from Ingram and Bailey to actually do anything for the first time this year tonight.

Thank you Phillip Rivers for giving me a snowball's chance.... In a .5 PPR, I'm down 9 pts. I have Brandin Cooks tonight & Hauschka kicking on MNF; opponent has Megatron left on MNF.

Took a huge risk in the draft and took both Gurley and Foster. Knew we would take our lumps for at least the 1st few weeks but we're 2-2 and are ready for a big run. Key players are Luck, Gronk, Foster, Gurley, Gore, Brandon Marshall, James Jones, Hankerson, Rishard Mathews. Key bench players are Ladarius Green, Richard Rogers, Colston, and Terrance Williams. This is our FFPC team so we have a chance at some nice $$.

Looking good in half my leagues, and have at least a snowball's chance in the other half - would have been wrapped up if both Julio and ODB hadn't decided to *both* have off weeks at the same time. Props to Tedd Ginn Jr. as a nice bye week filler.

I hated my qb situation (tannehill and Bradford). Decided to put woodhead on the block for a qb and got two offers... Brees or rivers. Decided to take brees and drop Bradford. So basically i choose the worst one out of all of them and i still hate my qb situation. Might cost me the win

Just needed a little over a point from Randle after half time. Hasn't seen the field since early in the 3rd quarter. I freaking hate FF. I really need to get out of it this year. Even though I have won 1 of my 3 leagues the past 3 years, it just isn't fun when you watch a crappy game and Darren McFadden is making you lose.

Decided to play only one league this year. The regret is deep. Crappy fantasy team and I was born a Lions fan.

So don't you know it.........

I have Russell Wilson and Hauschka tomorrow, and I needed to outscore my opponent by roughly 6 points.

Then the CJ Spiller show in OT happened. :no: Perfect.

Now I need to outscore him by 24 and change. (with Wilson and Hauschka tomorrow night)

I got no chance.

I won't even tune in, I already know how it ends. :D

TZM

So don't you know it.........

I have Russell Wilson and Hauschka tomorrow, and I needed to outscore my opponent by roughly 6 points.

Then the CJ Spiller show in OT happened. :no: Perfect.

Now I need to outscore him by 24 and change. (with Wilson and Hauschka tomorrow night)

I got no chance.

I won't even tune in, I already know how it ends. :D

TZM
Detroit is a poor pass defense. Wilson could get 24

I thought I had zero chance once the early games were over (thanks to Steve Smith/Julio/Kelce/Lat Murray). Then, Phillip Rivers pulled me to within a reasonable chance. Opponent's late players did nothing notable. All I needed to feel like I had a legit shot was for Brandin Cooks to put up a 6/80'ish type of game. #### no. Of course not. Now I'm down 5 pts in a .5 ppr; I have my kicker, Hauschka & opponent has Megatron on MNF.

Detroit is a poor pass defense. Wilson could get 24
Yeah man I know.

But generally I don't do well in these scenarios. Only 2 times in like 8 years have I ever come from behind on a Monday night. (not counting only needing say 3 points from an RB stud)

All that aside, it was a horrific day.

Lost 3 of 4, and if I don't get Wilson and Hauschka to get 25 tomorrow night it will be 0-4.

If by some chance I do steal a win tomorrow night, that will put me at 3-1 in every league. (the 3 I lost today I was 3-0 in)

Some notables-

Started Julio Jones in 3 leagues.

Started Randall Cobb in 2 leagues.

Heath Miller in 2 (out of necessity)

Started Latavius Murray in 2 leagues.

BENCHED JEREMY HILL in the above mentioned league. :D

Just another day in fantasy I suppose.

TZM

Seems like a terribly low scoring week. Based on espn.com standard overall rankings by position:

Top 10 QBs to score 20 points-

None.

Top 20 RBs to score 15 points-

Freeman 32

Peterson 15

Ivory 24

Top 30 WRs to score 15 points-

Hopkins 17

Maclin 16

Top 10 TEs to score 10 points-

None.

FF can be such a headache. Only one team scoring triple digits in my league, only team to even score 90 for that matter. So pretty much, if you have a stacked team you were probably screwed this week.

Jeebus, I'm awful at survivor pools. Got demolished in the week 2 upsets, so I entered a revival pool starting this week. Of course I pick Arizona.

One team left. Now watch Detroit beat Seattle.

Users who are viewing this thread