What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brady Quinn (1 Viewer)

Balco

Footballguy
Derek Anderson looked horrid.

Browns fans, any chance Brady Quinn gets another shot? Or is Mangini firm in his decision to go with DA?

Derek Anderson looked horrid.Browns fans, any chance Brady Quinn gets another shot? Or is Mangini firm in his decision to go with DA?
DA was kissing Mangina's ### and giving him the game ball after the game. I doubt it considering Quinn didn't get much of a shot in the first place.

Didn't Mangini have a role in writing Pennington's ticket out of New York? Either way, the word is that he hates the weak arm. Quinn will get a shot...next year with a different team. I keep thinking it over and really think it may be the Vikes.

Didn't Mangini have a role in writing Pennington's ticket out of New York? Either way, the word is that he hates the weak arm. Quinn will get a shot...next year with a different team. I keep thinking it over and really think it may be the Vikes.
I've always thought this as well. :ph34r:

It wouldn't surprise me if Theo Ratliff got a shot at some point. Mangini brought him over from the Jets and seems to like the kid.

The Browns need to make sure that Quinn gets less than 45% of the snaps in order to avoid paying $6.3 million in bonuses. The Browns suck right now, and they're not going to suck any less if Quinn gets 45.1% of the snaps. So they may as well save some money.

In other words: Quinn will get another shot, but they will make sure that Anderson gets the starting gig back before Quinn can hit the 45% mark.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't imagine anybody would trade for Quinn, unless perhaps the Giants are just that convinced Manning will miss significant time and that Quinn would somehow be better than Carr. Lots of ifs there.

If Brady Quinn is ever to develop as a QB, it sure won't be under Mangini. It was incredibly stupid to bench Quinn after a few games. A young QB needs playing time to develop. Benching Brady erodes his own confidence and the confidence of the team in him. Its just a mess.

The real answer is to fire Mangini.

The local word is that Mangini wants Brett Ratliff (acquired in the Sanchez trade last April) to be the starter. Maybe Mangini's heart really isn't in developing either DA nor Quinn. He just wants his own guy, and doesn't care about anything else.

The local word is that Mangini wants Brett Ratliff (acquired in the Sanchez trade last April) to be the starter. Maybe Mangini's heart really isn't in developing either DA nor Quinn. He just wants his own guy, and doesn't care about anything else.
This is the related story to Quinn being traded, yes. I'm putting a waiver claim in for Ratliff in a deep dyno regardless.

zamboni said:
It wouldn't surprise me if Theo Ratliff got a shot at some point. Mangini brought him over from the Jets and seems to like the kid.
He's more of a rebounder than a shooter though.

Leave it to Dan Snyder to trade for Brady Quinn. Perhaps Zorn can develop him much the same way he has helped Campbell. Good lord, DA goes 2/17 as an NFL QB and there is only discussion about needing to try someone else? DA is no good, Quinn dropped in the draft for a reason, so why not give Ratliff a shot. How much worse can it get? I think I just wrote something very similar in the Buffalo thread :yucky:

Users who are viewing this thread