What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Boycott the Masters? (1 Viewer)

For those of you who are sick of this, there’s an easy way out: get rid of the law. 
There’s no pattern here, there’s no “wokeness”. Only one terrible law which many, including myself, see as racist and Jim Crow like. Get rid of it and the MLB and Masters and all the rest will be fine. Just scrap it. 
"Hey man it's real simple. We'll stop spreading lies about your constitutionally backed legislative process from your dutifully elected officials if you just concede to our demands and capitulate to our intimidation on the legislative process via threats and media pressure on your community."

For those of you who are sick of this, there’s an easy way out: get rid of the law. 
There’s no pattern here, there’s no “wokeness”. Only one terrible law which many, including myself, see as racist and Jim Crow like. Get rid of it and the MLB and Masters and all the rest will be fine. Just scrap it. 
:lmao:   Give me what I want and I'll quit whining.   There's nothing Jim Crow about it.  Even if you post it 100K times like everything else.

I'd love to see every state go to GA like voting laws - a federal law would be fantasic

if I have to show an ID to pick up season tickets to a MLB game ... I think that's a fair expectation to vote too

I'd love to see every state go to GA like voting laws - a federal law would be fantasic

if I have to show an ID to pick up season tickets to a MLB game ... I think that's a fair expectation to vote too
I thought Republicans were against unnecessary laws that fix problems that don't exist. 

I thought Republicans were against unnecessary laws that fix problems that don't exist. 
its not necessary to provide identification to buy a gun? tobacco? season MLB tickets? rental car? hotel room? even getting a Sams club membership you need a photo ID right? 

voting has laws, rules and restrictions - always have .... didn't you know that? Democrats want voting integrity right? The states with voter ID laws are ensuring that

But see, a problem DOES exist: more blacks are voting and Republicans are losing elections. That’s a problem. 
can we agree to remove showing voter ID on all the other things in this country too then ? 

fyi color of skin is irrelevant to a person's desire to get a identification card .... people either have the personal responsibility to do it, or they don't

I definitely need a stronger argument than blacks are too stupid to get an ID to vote so we need to make it easier for them.

That argument is absurd and quite frankly blatantly racist. 

I definitely need a stronger argument than blacks are too stupid to get an ID to vote so we need to make it easier for them.

That argument is absurd and quite frankly blatantly racist. 
Great, because nobody made that argument.

It has more to do with lack of resources to travel to places where IDs are issued - reliable transportation, application fees and time to complete the process. The impact is greater in poor and rural areas. 

Great, because nobody made that argument.

It has more to do with lack of resources to travel to places where IDs are issued - reliable transportation, application fees and time to complete the process. The impact is greater in poor and rural areas. 
That's only partially the argument and you know it.   But nice try

That’s pretty much the entire argument. Notice “blacks are too stupid to get an ID” and other racist vomit has nothing to do with it.
However I agree.  Getting an Id is an absolute non factor.  Everyone should get one.  So we can at least eliminate that hurdle.

However I agree.  Getting an Id is an absolute non factor.  Everyone should get one.  So we can at least eliminate that hurdle.
Whether you like it or not, getting an ID isn’t inconsequential for many people.

How do you suggest we eliminate the hurdle for potentially disenfranchised voters?

And instead trying to insert unintended meaning into my posts, why don’t you just elaborate what you believe underlies efforts to minimize barriers to voting?

its not necessary to provide identification to buy a gun? tobacco? season MLB tickets? rental car? hotel room? even getting a Sams club membership you need a photo ID right? 

voting has laws, rules and restrictions - always have .... didn't you know that? Democrats want voting integrity right? The states with voter ID laws are ensuring that

can we agree to remove showing voter ID on all the other things in this country too then ? 

fyi color of skin is irrelevant to a person's desire to get a identification card .... people either have the personal responsibility to do it, or they don't
I think I spot your mistake. 

Wouldn't getting an ID help minorities get access to more things like bank accounts, credit cards, airline travel, government benefits?  Seems like a positive thing to encourage more people to get IDs.  Certainly the bureaucrats could provide some assistance in helping obtain them. 

Whether you like it or not, getting an ID isn’t inconsequential for many people.

How do you suggest we eliminate the hurdle for potentially disenfranchised voters?

And instead trying to insert unintended meaning into my posts, why don’t you just elaborate what you believe underlies efforts to minimize barriers to voting?
Your premise is wrong so I can't respond to the comment "what I believe underlies efforts to minimize barriers to voting"  

And I can't help that getting an ID isn't inconsequential.  It isn't for everyone.  We are all equal in the amount of time and effort it takes to get an ID.    

I'm not terribly interested in eliminating hurdles.  There are hurdles everywhere.  You can't do a long list of things without an ID.   So there is simply no reason to not have one.  Zero. 

Your entire argument is completely and totally racist.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't getting an ID help minorities get access to more things like bank accounts, credit cards, airline travel, government benefits?  Seems like a positive thing to encourage more people to get IDs.  Certainly the bureaucrats could provide some assistance in helping obtain them. 
There is some weid misconception that getting and ID is supposed to be, oh I don't know, something that requires zero effort I guess.

Your premise is wrong so I can't respond to the comment "what I believe underlies efforts to minimize barriers to voting"  

And I can't help that getting an ID isn't inconsequential.  It isn't for everyone.  We are all equal in the amount of time and effort it takes to get an ID.    

I'm not terribly interested in eliminating hurdles.  There are hurdles everywhere.  You can't do a long list of things without an ID.   So there is simply no reason to not have one.  Zero. 

Your entire argument is completely and totally racist.
My premise is correct. We absolutely aren’t equal in ease of acquiring an ID. Just because the process is standardized doesn’t mean it is equivalent across all groups. Though you certainly can expound upon your response to my original post:

Regardless, you’re missing the larger point. The idea is to remove hurdles, not add them to the voting process.

And for someone who is sick of talking about race, you sure mention it a lot.

My premise is correct. We absolutely aren’t equal in ease of acquiring an ID. Just because the process is standardized doesn’t mean it is equivalent across all groups. Though you certainly can expound upon your response to my original post:

Regardless, you’re missing the larger point. The idea is to remove hurdles, not add them to the voting process.

That is such an absurd statement it's well..absurd.  Standardization means EXACTLY that it is equivalent across all groups.  Regardless of race, color or creed, the process to get an ID is 100% the same.    I'm not missing the larger point. Who said the idea is to remove hurdles.  Where did that come from?     

No it is most certainly not...and people have explained how its not many times over at this point.  Continuing to claim anyone is saying blacks are too stupid to get an ID is ridiculous at this point.

No it is most certainly not...and people have explained how its not many times over at this point.  Continuing to claim anyone is saying blacks are too stupid to get an ID is ridiculous at this point.
Your thoughts are appreciated.

That is such an absurd statement it's well..absurd.  Standardization means EXACTLY that it is equivalent across all groups.  Regardless of race, color or creed, the process to get an ID is 100% the same.    I'm not missing the larger point. Who said the idea is to remove hurdles.  Where did that come from?     
You’ve insulted me numerous times in this exchange, while refusing to clarify your original statement. Obviously you aren’t interested in a meaningful discussion.

I think this is the cue for me to wish you a good season, and move on to more productive discourse. Good luck.

You’ve insulted me numerous times in this exchange, while refusing to clarify your original statement. Obviously you aren’t interested in a meaningful discussion.

I think this is the cue for me to wish you a good season, and move on to more productive discourse. Good luck.
I have not insulted you multiple times.  I said what you propose is racist and absurd.  If you take that as a personal insult, that's on you.  And walking away because you lost the argument isn't unusual.  You're welcome.  I hope now you understand how horrible it is to propose something easier specifically for black people.  It is a racist proposition.  Let everyone do it the same way.  I can't understand why that's so hard.  But now you understand and this is good.  One less mind to change.

What makes removing hurdles the ultimate goal?  Should not providing a shred of integrity into the process be important too?  

The "it is hard to get an ID" Or the "It costs money" or the "black people don't have transportation" are silly ridiculous statements. Every time they are brought up.

You need an ID for a laundry list of things in this country.  Not to mention you are required to have one on you at all times in most states.

NOW saying that they can't get one to vote, is just the silliest argument I have ever ever heard.   I mean it's absolutely garbage.   Yet people believe it and swallow it whole.  

The "it is hard to get an ID" Or the "It costs money" or the "black people don't have transportation" are silly ridiculous statements. Every time they are brought up.

You need an ID for a laundry list of things in this country.  Not to mention you are required to have one on you at all times in most states.

NOW saying that they can't get one to vote, is just the silliest argument I have ever ever heard.   I mean it's absolutely garbage.   Yet people believe it and swallow it whole.  

Its not silly.  Those arguments have been shown as valid over and over again and studied.

If you have real information to counter the links provided...please bring it.  Just calling it garbage does nothing though.  Its an unsubstantiated opinion and nothing more.

Its not silly.  Those arguments have been shown as valid over and over again and studied.

If you have real information to counter the links provided...please bring it.  Just calling it garbage does nothing though.  Its an unsubstantiated opinion and nothing more.
Yeah my information is--you need IDS for everything and saying NOW it is an issue is gibberish.  And of course it's an opinion, that's what we do here.  

Now I know, and you have shown that nothing is valid unless there is a tweet about it AND it needs to be said more than once.  But hey, that's just your own qualifications.

Because there is already plenty of integrity in the election process.

Because adding hurdles to vote is a large part of the discussion.
Lol....how?  There is integrity in the counting, but there is very little integrity in the casting of votes. You can count the votes perfectly, but if there were shenanigans in the vote casting process it means nothing.  

Lol....how?  There is integrity in the counting, but there is very little integrity in the casting of votes. You can count the votes perfectly, but if there were shenanigans in the vote casting process it means nothing.  
What kind of shenanigans to you suspect have occurred?  We've heard a lot of claims from the right, including that the counting itself was rigged, but haven't seen any actual evidence of foul play.  I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around what an ID would accomplish.  When registering to vote you need to provide identifiable information, which then gets confirmed at the time of voting, whether in-person or by mail.

Since in-person voting lacks so much integrity that ID should be required, then why the objections to mail-in votes by the GOP?  I have a hard time taking these objections seriously when I hear claims from prominent Republicans that there were truckloads of ballots from CA being dropped off in AZ to swing the election.  I'm curious how Prop 19 and Eric Swalwell did in AZ.

Yeah my information is--you need IDS for everything and saying NOW it is an issue is gibberish.  And of course it's an opinion, that's what we do here.  

Now I know, and you have shown that nothing is valid unless there is a tweet about it AND it needs to be said more than once.  But hey, that's just your own qualifications.
You dont need IDs for everything though.  That is a false premise to start with.

Do you believe all these studies are incorrect as to the amount of people without ID?

Its been an issue...its not just now.  Its been an issue for a while.

A tweet?  No, that is a completely dishonest  take on anything I have ever said.

Id take any type of factual link...but we know wont come.

6 pack at the grocery store? Show my ID

Cigarettes at Sheetz? Show my ID

Rent a room for the night?  Show my ID

Cast my vote to elect the leader of the free world??  NAH, YOURE GOOD !!!

I really don’t care whether you are a registered D or R....it’s silly not to have to show your ID to vote 

I really don’t care whether you are a registered D or R....it’s silly not to have to show your ID to vote 
People have to register to vote, which requires identifying information.  What do you suspect is happening at the time of voting that requires additional identification?

Its silly that some areas still try to limit the amount of drivers license stations or hours in certain areas.

Its silly to put more restrictions and costs on voting.

The things you mentioned...are not rights.  They are privileges.  They don't compare.

Ive said it many times over...provide free IDs...make them easy enough for anyone to get including not closing down stations or limiting hours in poorer areas or those which statistically have more people who would be without an ID.  And I will be all for requiring it.  Until then...it has continued to be pushed as a way to keep certain segments of people from voting...it has had zero to do with any election integrity the way many places have rolled it out and tried to hold others back.

People have to register to vote, which requires identifying information.  What do you suspect is happening at the time of voting that requires additional identification?
I don’t know that I suspect anything is happening.

My beard is mostly grey, yet I get carded for booze. What do the people carding me suspect is happening ?

Its silly that some areas still try to limit the amount of drivers license stations or hours in certain areas.

The things you mentioned...are not rights.  They are privileges.  They don't compare.

Ive said it many times over...provide free IDs...make them easy enough for anyone to get including not closing down stations or limiting hours in poorer areas or those which statistically have more people who would be without an ID.  And I will be all for requiring it.  Until then...it has continued to be pushed as a way to keep certain segments of people from voting...it has had zero to do with any election integrity the way many places have rolled it out and tried to hold others back.
I didn’t say make them difficult to get. They should be easy to get imo

Some people argue that voting is a privilege btw. But you know that already I’m sure 

Some people argue that voting is a privilege btw. But you know that already I’m sure 
I'm no constitutional scholar, but I do know the constitution says voting is a right.

I find it interesting that the same people who typically argue that the right to bear arms should not be infringed upon despite 30,000+ guns deaths per year want to infringe upon peoples' right to vote despite miniscule amounts of actual voter fraud.

You dont need IDs for everything though.  That is a false premise to start with.

Do you believe all these studies are incorrect as to the amount of people without ID?

Its been an issue...its not just now.  Its been an issue for a while.

A tweet?  No, that is a completely dishonest  take on anything I have ever said.

Id take any type of factual link...but we know wont come.
Can you show me a link where anyone ever said you need an id for everything please?

I'm no constitutional scholar, but I do know the constitution says voting is a right.

I find it interesting that the same people who typically argue that the right to bear arms should not be infringed upon despite 30,000+ guns deaths per year want to infringe upon peoples' right to vote despite miniscule amounts of actual voter fraud.
So is gun ownership but you guys wanna change that all the time.  

And id laugh at anyone comparing voting as a privilege akin to buying alcohol or flying.  
And Im not saying you said make them difficult to get...Im saying states do that.

Can you show me a link where anyone ever said you need an id for everything please?
Ummm...

sho nuff said:

8-5 M, T, Th, F in Michigan, 8-8 on Wednesday.   I even drove 22 miles to the closest DMV and it is in the Hood.  

8-5 M, T, Th, F in Michigan, 8-8 on Wednesday.   I even drove 22 miles to the closest DMV and it is in the Hood.  
Again..it depends where.  I will look up a few things later if I have a chance...traveling today after a morning of work...but there were specific instances in some states of how certain areas have limited hours and stations available.  Been a while since I read it though.

Again..it depends where.  I will look up a few things later if I have a chance...traveling today after a morning of work...but there were specific instances in some states of how certain areas have limited hours and stations available.  Been a while since I read it though.
They had cutbacks here a few years ago, closed the two that were closer to me.  I totally get that it’s a PITA for many.  

Users who are viewing this thread