What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bored Upgrade - discussion (1 Viewer)

:wall: I keep clicking the little quote bubble next to the FFA that Marks Forum as read

can we make it a big red X or like the universal circle with a line through it instead?

You used to be able to click  "Football Guys Free for All" to refresh the page when you were already inside the FFA. It is no longer a clickable link, so you either have to click on "Our Forums" then back to the FFA, or just use the browser refresh button. I was used to clicking the "Free for All" text, just bc it was faster since my mouse was already in the area. If I click back to the forums page, it is very tempting to click the bubble that apparently marks all as read. Not sure if that's what others are doing. But the bubble seems like it should be a link into the forum instead of a "mark as read" function. I'm sure that's not adjustable in the forum software though.

You used to be able to click  "Football Guys Free for All" to refresh the page when you were already inside the FFA. It is no longer a clickable link, so you either have to click on "Our Forums" then back to the FFA, or just use the browser refresh button. I was used to clicking the "Free for All" text, just bc it was faster since my mouse was already in the area. If I click back to the forums page, it is very tempting to click the bubble that apparently marks all as read. Not sure if that's what others are doing. But the bubble seems like it should be a link into the forum instead of a "mark as read" function. I'm sure that's not adjustable in the forum software though.
first world problems.

have noticed on the new board, using Chrome browser, that if I click into a thread, let's say, on the next to last page of said thread, then hit next page to view the last page of the thread; once I hit the Back button to try and go back to the previous page (i.e. back to the next-to-last page), it remains on the last page (i.e. stays on the same page, rather than going back to the previous page). Then if I hit Back again, it goes back to the main forum page.  Not a big deal, and probably a browser cache issue or something, but just putting it out there

And it's unreal that the most worthless and aggravating button on the internet got posted incredibly prominently at the top of the page for some reason. Just in the perfect spot for me to accidentally tap and mark the whole forum as read.
:rant:

PLEASE get rid of this stupid button.  Or at least make it smaller and get it out of the ####### way.  Or better yet, add a prompt like "are you sure you want to mark everything as read?"  SOMETHING!

On mobile, it used to go the very last post you read when you clicked on a topic. It doesn't now. How do we get this back?
I did a quick search and didn't find the answer... On the desktop version, how do I make it  so that if I click on a previously opened/read thread, I automatically go to the last unread post where I left off?  Is clicking the specific timestamp of that posting the only way?  Thanks in advance.

I did a quick search and didn't find the answer... On the desktop version, how do I make it  so that if I click on a previously opened/read thread, I automatically go to the last unread post where I left off?  Is clicking the specific timestamp of that posting the only way?  Thanks in advance.
The timestamp goes to the last post.  The dot or star to the left goes to the first post unread by you.  Clicking on the topic itself takes you to the first post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread