What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Blueprint to beat the Patriots (Browns vs. Pats 2010) (1 Viewer)

swampdog

Footballguy
Browns RB Hillis goes off for 184 yards to help Mangini top his mentor

By Associated Press

CLEVELAND -- When the scoreboard clock finally showed zeros, Bill Belichick walked slowly across the torn-up field to meet Cleveland's coach, his protege and estranged friend, amid a swarm of players and photographers.

Belichick found Eric Mangini, looked him in the eye and offered his hand.

It was time to concede defeat, one as thorough as any in recent memory.

"I congratulated him," Belichick said.

It's all he could do.

On this day, the Browns were better -- a lot better.

Rookie quarterback Colt McCoy scrambled for a touchdown and didn't make any mistakes, Peyton Hillis ran for a career-high 184 yards and two TDs and the vastly improved Browns, using a little trickery and a ton of offensive imagination, pounded the Patriots 34-14 on Sunday.

Two weeks after stunning New Orleans, the Browns (3-5) pulled off another shocker. Well rested after their bye week, they ended New England's five-game winning streak and did it decisively, outplaying one of the NFL's top teams for 60 minutes.

This was no fluke. The Patriots (6-2) were battered, baffled and beaten badly.

"We know we can beat anybody," Browns wide receiver Joshua Cribbs said. "If you beat these supposedly best two teams in the league, it gives us confidence there isn't one team in this league that we don't think we can beat."

It was particularly satisfying for Mangini, whose relationship with Belichick was damaged years ago when he left New England's staff to coach the Jets and by the infamous "Spygate" episode. The two men ignored each other during pregame warmups, but had to meet afterward.

Mangini was asked what his mentor said.

"'Good game.' We were making plans for the summer," he joked.

Mangini had good reason to smile. He and his staff, many of whom worked in New England under Belichick, outschemed the Patriots in every facet. The Browns had an overwhelming advantage on offense, defense and special teams. Cleveland sprang a pop-up kickoff to set up its first touchdown and the Browns scored their second TD on a gadget play they knew would work.

But it wasn't all smoke and mirrors. The Browns bullied the Patriots, using Hillis to run the ball down their throats and flustering quarterback Tom Brady with a variety of fronts and coverages.

"This sends a message that what happened last game against New Orleans was not a fluke," said Pro Bowl tackle Joe Thomas, who opened holes as the Browns rushed for a season-high 230 yards. "We're a good team. We're starting to find our identity."

Hillis, healthy at last after being slowed by a thigh injury, scored on a 2-yard run in the first, and then put the Patriots away with a 35-yard burst late to make it 34-14. He carried 29 times, picking up all 60 yards on Cleveland's game-sealing drive.

Brady and the Patriots have had better days.

New England's star went 19 of 36 for 224 yards and two TDs to rookie tight end Aaron Hernandez. However, Brady lost for the first time in five career starts against the Browns, who jumped to an early 10-0 lead and led by 17 entering the fourth.

Brady was hindered by several drops and a crucial fumble by tight end Rob Gronkowski just before halftime, when the Patriots, who came in averaging a league-leading 29 points per game, blew a chance to cut into Cleveland's 10-point lead.

"We were out of sync all day," Brady said. "It was not a good day at all. As an offense, we didn't do much to advance the ball, and that includes the quarterback. If we play like we played today we are not going to beat anybody."

The Patriots had other issues. Kicker Stephen Gostkowski suffered a thigh injury, forcing Belichick to use receiver Wes Welker to kick an extra point in the fourth. If it had been closer, Welker may have had to try a late field goal.

The Browns, though, never let the Patriots in it.

For Mangini, the lopsided win over a quality opponent was further proof his system may be taking hold in his second season with Cleveland. There were still more than two minutes left when he was showered with Gatorade. Soaked to the skin, he smiled as his players celebrated behind him.

"It feels great," he said. "It's special and it's special because of our guys, because of our team, not because of their team, because of our team."

McCoy, making his third straight start, had his best game. He completed 14 of 19 passes for 174 yards, and his TD run in the third gave the Browns a 24-7 lead. With no receivers open, McCoy tucked the ball and sprinted for the left corner.

"I felt real slow," said McCoy, who covered the final few yards with a headfirst dive.

Mangini has been reluctant to name McCoy his starter for the rest of the season, and he dodged that question again.

"Can we really enjoy this moment right here?" he joked. "We'll talk about it tomorrow and Wednesday and Thursday and Friday and Saturday."

McCoy is 2-1 as a starter with wins over Brady and Drew Brees.

Phil Dawson kicked field goals of 38 and 37 yards for the Browns, who after pulling off three trick plays two weeks ago to upset the defending Super Bowl champs, used some slight of hand to open a 17-7 lead.

On first down at the New England 11, Cribbs took the snap at quarterback and handed the ball to Chansi Stuckey, who lined up directly behind Cleveland's right guard. Stuckey took off toward the left corner, and by the time the fooled Patriots reacted, it was too late to catch the Browns' wide receiver, who beat them to the orange pylon.

It wasn't the only time the Patriots didn't have an answer.

"They did everything better than we did," Belichick said. "In every single aspect, they clearly were the better team. We have a lot of work to do."

Notes: Belichick said Gostkowski's leg tightened up. He will be re-evaluated Monday. ... Mangini improved to 3-5 vs. Belichick. ... Mangini is also 4-1 in his career after a bye week. ... The Browns recorded season-highs in points, first downs (22), total yards (404) and time of possession (38:08).

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press

The game was lost on the turnovers. BB has ALWAYS talked about reducing and eliminating turnovers. Remember that after the game, the Patriots didn't commit a turnover until week 17. Gronkowski was also TERRIBLE that day, and was the cause of several turnovers and drops himself. He's improved significantly and has played at a top 5 TE level since that week - he catches everything lately and doesn't make the mistakes he made that game.

The game was lost on the turnovers. BB has ALWAYS talked about reducing and eliminating turnovers. Remember that after the game, the Patriots didn't commit a turnover until week 17. Gronkowski was also TERRIBLE that day, and was the cause of several turnovers and drops himself. He's improved significantly and has played at a top 5 TE level since that week - he catches everything lately and doesn't make the mistakes he made that game.
link to full size avatar?

Agree that Gronk is a stud, but 9 targets, 4 catches for 47 yards and one fumble is not so bad. Plus one ball tipped that luckily turned into a Hernandez TD, so that wipes the fumble out. He also had a meaningless penalty on an incomplete pass to someone else. That game also had a bad fumble from S. Morris, that the Browns eventually turned into a TD and Hillis had a fumble recovered by NE. Doesn't seem that much of a turnover game (plus one meaningless INT by Hoyer in garbage time). To me it was the Hillis game, he just ran it down their throats. I think the Jets can do the same. That keeps Brady off the field.In the second half of that game 26 running plays and 5 passes for the Browns. Swamp

Agree that Gronk is a stud, but 9 targets, 4 catches for 47 yards and one fumble is not so bad. Plus one ball tipped that luckily turned into a Hernandez TD, so that wipes the fumble out. He also had a meaningless penalty on an incomplete pass to someone else. That game also had a bad fumble from S. Morris, that the Browns eventually turned into a TD and Hillis had a fumble recovered by NE. Doesn't seem that much of a turnover game (plus one meaningless INT by Hoyer in garbage time).

To me it was the Hillis game, he just ran it down their throats. I think the Jets can do the same. That keeps Brady off the field.

In the second half of that game 26 running plays and 5 passes for the Browns.

Swamp
If it were that easy, why haven't the Pats lost since that game in Cleveland? And if I remember correctly, the Jets have played the Patriots since that Cleveland game. Hmmmm...

This is a great blueprint. The step-by-step instructions were clear and concise.
:confused:
I know, right? The blueprint is actually get up early to allow yourself to dictate tempo of the game, hopefully aided by turnovers. aka the blueprint for winning in football on every level.Pats were out of sorts following that botched kickoff leading to a quick 10-0 hole, but still had a chance to make it a tie (or 3 pt game?) ending the half, but Gronk turned it over on a fumble when he was fighting for extra yards.

Okay, let's see. The Browns were coming off their bye week... Oh well, looks like that leaves out all the AFC teams. :thumbup:

To me it was the Hillis game, he just ran it down their throats. I think the Jets can do the same. That keeps Brady off the field.
If it were that easy, why haven't the Pats lost since that game in Cleveland? And if I remember correctly, the Jets have played the Patriots since that Cleveland game. Hmmmm...
If there's a team who can win this way it is the Jets, however, it's unlikely a great coach like Belichick wouldn't learn from the game against Cleveland.At the same time, it's also unlikely Rex Ryan hasn't learned from his mistakes in that game when they only ran it 23 times and passed it 33 times. It's not like the Jets were not successful running it, LT averaged 4.7 YPC and Green was around 5.0 YPC. The Jets just called a bad game offensively. That won't happen again.

If there's a team who can win this way it is the Jets, however, it's unlikely a great coach like Belichick wouldn't learn from the game against Cleveland.At the same time, it's also unlikely Rex Ryan hasn't learned from his mistakes in that game when they only ran it 23 times and passed it 33 times. It's not like the Jets were not successful running it, LT averaged 4.7 YPC and Green was around 5.0 YPC. The Jets just called a bad game offensively. That won't happen again.
Imo, your right as far as improving, but the Jets problem is they cant stop everything, which is what the pats excel at.They cant cover everyone all the time, they cant pressure the QB if the balls not in his hand, they cant stop the run if they dont see it coming. Pats are gonna throw underneath until the Jets get frustrated and dumb, then they are gonna throw deep ball that will most likely be a missmatch.

Jesus you cant be this dumb...

Why did the Jets pass so much? think hard... im sure you can figure it out.

I won't go back and look at game logs, but my recollection is that the Jets were doing lots of running when the game was out of hand and the Pats were in nickle/dime, which created a specious running stat line for the Jets. When the game was still in hand they didn't run overly effectively.

Pats flat out didn't show up for this game.

It was their one mulligan of the year.

This game may as well of taken place 10 years ago.

Nothing can be learned.

KY

The Jets will have a chance to win the game if they're able to run the ball, play good defense, and not turn the ball over on offense.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Jets will have a chance to win the game if they're able to run the ball, play good defense, and not turn the ball over on offense.
...and if Sanchez plays a near perfect game (vs airmailing every 5th ball thrown)......and if they get HUGE play from their special teams......and if Ryan finds some innovative way to use Revis while at the same time finding a solution for NE's TEs down the middle of the field......and Brady throws at least one if not two picks and BJGE fumbles.The Jets have to play a near perfect game and NE has to screw up...a lot.Anything's possible. It's not likely, but nothing surprises me in the NFL.You know what the blueprint is? Watch the GB/NE game. GB has it. One ingredient: A strong rush up the middle.KY

Pats flat out didn't show up for this game.It was their one mulligan of the year.This game may as well of taken place 10 years ago. Nothing can be learned.KY
So the Pats get a mulligan, and the Jets don't. Same logic. Sure, one can point to the relative importance of one game vs the other, and that's legit. However, the Jets game plan going into that game was ridiculously idiotic. Based on Sanchez's success running the two minute offense, the Jets came out in a hurry up. They completely deserted what they do best, ball control, run the ball, establish the run. Slow the game down, limit how many possessions the Pats can get. You can buy a Holloween mask, but it isn't going to fool anyone. That game plan was a Holloween mask. It wasn't a reflection of who and what the Jets are about. That won't happen again. I'm not picking the Jets to win, but it won't be a blowout.

Pats flat out didn't show up for this game.It was their one mulligan of the year.This game may as well of taken place 10 years ago. Nothing can be learned.KY
So the Pats get a mulligan, and the Jets don't. Same logic. Sure, one can point to the relative importance of one game vs the other, and that's legit. However, the Jets game plan going into that game was ridiculously idiotic. Based on Sanchez's success running the two minute offense, the Jets came out in a hurry up. They completely deserted what they do best, ball control, run the ball, establish the run. Slow the game down, limit how many possessions the Pats can get. You can buy a Holloween mask, but it isn't going to fool anyone. That game plan was a Holloween mask. It wasn't a reflection of who and what the Jets are about. That won't happen again. I'm not picking the Jets to win, but it won't be a blowout.
I never said the Jets don't get a mulligan for that game. More than anything, Ryan was flat out outcoached. He wasn't at all prepared for what NE was bringing to the table. And it snowballed.That's not the Jets team I expect to show up Sunday. I'd expect Ryan to come up with something innovative here. He has to.KY

:confused: :lmao: blueprint to beating the pats:

1 - play better.

2 -

3 -

4 - profit

why is it this cle game gets posted as a blueprint when baltimore ran over the pats in the playoffs last year --- did baltimore just get forgotten?

are there people that actually don't realize the jets have already beaten the pats this year while running the ball around 26x for a 5 ypc average?

it really cracks me up that people line up to suggest the jets mimic cleveland when it's something that not only ryan's been doing since he got there, but it's something they've used to beat the pats weeks before the cle game.

like people just forgot about that first jets game because it was a few weeks earlier.

let me borrow from mike reiss:

Jets’ running game should look right vs Patriots

NEXT-LEVEL: Of LaDainian Tomlinson and Shonn Greene’s 49 rush attempts against the Patriots this season, 26 came up the middle. Both found moderate success up the middle, but the right side is where the tandem picked up big chunks of yards. Tomlinson and Greene combined for five first downs on 14 rushes to the right against the Patriots, just as many firsts as they got up the middle.

tomlinson put up 63 yds on 5 carries to the right side in those 2 games, and woody is now out for the jets.

it's true we're missing wright and brace (DL if you don't know them), but wright didn't play that last game against the jets, and while brace did play 25 snaps, deaderick (rookie DL) didn't play that game and will be available.

more from reiss/wilfork

Wilfork and struggles with 'sub' runs

September, 20, 2010

By Mike Reiss

Patriots fans can pick up several newsworthy nuggets from listening to "Patriots Monday" programming on sports radio WEEI, and one thing that was learned today is the team's continued struggles with "sub" runs.

Nose tackle Vince Wilfork spoke passionately about it during his weekly appearance on the "Dale & Holley Show."

Wilfork told co-hosts Dale Arnold and Michael Holley that he put himself in the role of an opposing offensive coordinator and asked himself the question: "If things aren't going well, what would I do?"

Wilfork's answer was that he would get the Patriots out of their base 3-4 defense, and try running the ball.

It turns out that's what the Jets did in the third quarter, when the momentum of the game started to swing.

"We’ve been having problems with sub runs all year, going back to last year," Wilfork said. "The one thing that can hurt us, the run they chose, the weak zone, we talked about and didn’t execute.

"Stuff like that irriates me," Wilfork continued. "We should be clicking. We should have guys thinking that way, one step ahead. People hurt us on stuff that has hurt us in the past. Sub runs – that’s sticking with us until it stops."

After reviewing notes from the game, the two plays that must have bothered Wilfork the most came on the Jets' second offensive possession of the third quarter.

The Jets put personnel on the field that they knew would have the Patriots countering with their nickel package -- 4 defensive linemen, 2 linebackers, 5 defensive backs -- and they handed off to running back LaDainian Tomlinson for gains of 14 and 11 yards.

Prior to those runs, the Jets had totaled 36 yards on 12 carries for a paltry 3.0 average. All but one of those runs came against the Patriots' base 3-4 alignment.

So the switch to sub runs was one of the games within the game.

Credit the Jets for winning that battle.

here are the DL snap counts for the first jets game:

DL Vince Wilfork – 59 of 69

DE Ron Brace -- 46 of 69 -- OUT

DE Gerard Warren – 43 of 69

DL Myron Pryor – 27 of 69

DL Mike Wright – 16 of 69 -- OUT

DL Kyle Love – 6 of 69

Brace and Gerard Warren started and played over Mike Wright, who was used solely in sub packages.

here are snap counts from second jets game:

DL Vince Wilfork -- 51 of 65

DL Gerard Warren -- 45 of 65

DL Ron Brace -- 25 of 65 -- OUT

DL Kyle Love -- 14 of 65

Simple translation: Catch the Pats on a bad day.

Of course if things go right for the Jets they can win, but I suspect it would take the Jets being on their A game and the Pats being on their B game.

Pats flat out didn't show up for this game.

It was their one mulligan of the year.

This game may as well of taken place 10 years ago.

Nothing can be learned.

KY
So the Pats get a mulligan, and the Jets don't. Same logic. Sure, one can point to the relative importance of one game vs the other, and that's legit. However, the Jets game plan going into that game was ridiculously idiotic. Based on Sanchez's success running the two minute offense, the Jets came out in a hurry up. They completely deserted what they do best, ball control, run the ball, establish the run. Slow the game down, limit how many possessions the Pats can get.

You can buy a Holloween mask, but it isn't going to fool anyone. That game plan was a Holloween mask. It wasn't a reflection of who and what the Jets are about. That won't happen again.

I'm not picking the Jets to win, but it won't be a blowout.
Completely disagree with Rovers here...

I LOVED the No Huddle... The Jets moved the ball down the field...

The Game plan was to hopefully catch the Pats a little offguard on the 1st series put some points on the board and THEN try to control the ball and the clock.....

The problem was going for the 50 yard FG and then giving the Pats good field position...

What I wanted to see was no huddle and then go in with the attitude of going for it on 4th down and using 3rd down to set up an easier and shorter 4th down past the 50.

Pats score off the missed FG.. Jets go 3 and out - SHANK a punt and the game is 17-0.... The whole playbook is torn up...

Not really sure we can sit back and judge the Jets game plan in that game, it was gone halfway into the 1st quarter and they came out and moved the ball.. Other than the FG try, there was just a lot of bad execution over any game planning.

Easy there, Chief..what Switz was saying was that the Jets had running lanes all day long..from the first play of the game onward..they should've stuck to the running game and pounded NE..they obviously had to pass, we get that..

point Switz was making is that while the Jets were manhandled, they were steamrolling the Pats with the running game, ala Cleveland..it's no secret - NE can't stop the run..See Ravens-NE playoff game from a year ago, where Ray Rice

beat the daylights out of that NE front 7..

the topic of this thread was blueprint to beat Patriots - it means running the football - ad nauseum..

Easy there, Chief..what Switz was saying was that the Jets had running lanes all day long..from the first play of the game onward..they should've stuck to the running game and pounded NE..they obviously had to pass, we get that..

point Switz was making is that while the Jets were manhandled, they were steamrolling the Pats with the running game, ala Cleveland..it's no secret - NE can't stop the run..See Ravens-NE playoff game from a year ago, where Ray Rice

beat the daylights out of that NE front 7..

the topic of this thread was blueprint to beat Patriots - it means running the football - ad nauseum..
Yes, the Jets did a decent job running the ball last time. But don't you think the Pats were happy to give up the run when they were up by a huge margin? The Jets would have been helping the Pats run out the clock.

..it's no secret - NE can't stop the run..See Ravens-NE playoff game from a year ago, where Ray Rice beat the daylights out of that NE front 7..the topic of this thread was blueprint to beat Patriots - it means running the football - ad nauseum..
Yeah, not sure there's much data behind that statement in 2010.NE is ranked 11th in total rushing yards allowed, 16th in yards/att, and 11th in rushing yards per game.I'll caveat those numbers by saying the stats are better than they look considering that NE was probably up big in most games which supressed the totals. That said, "they can't stop the run" is more than inaccurate.And I'd bet if you ran the numbers home vs. away they are even better vs. the run.2009...well...that was last year...and they were not as good against the run. Reason why they drafted B. Spikes...who was suspended for 4 games and is now back in the lineup.And on the flip side, D. Woody (O-lineman) is now on injured reserve.Advantage NE.KY

And on the flip side, D. Woody (O-lineman) is now on injured reserve.Advantage NE.KY
As stated in the Pre-Game thread... Woody has been injured for many weeks now.There isn't a huge drop off with Wayne Hunter... Given Woody has been dinged for so long, I kinda wanted to see Hunter in there last week..... As Hunter stated though, in that last game the Pats put Wilfork over Woody a few times so Humter has to be ready for a lot of attention - So, even if he gets blown away this week, I'm not so sure Woody at the 60% he's been would make a difference.....I'm more concerned with the Jets CB Coleman going down in practice yesterday - Not a huge fan but, he did have a big role right now on ST, rushing the passer and general Secondary depth.And of course, Brad Smith dinged.

I'm more concerned with the Jets CB Coleman going down in practice yesterday - Not a huge fan but, he did have a big role right now on ST, rushing the passer and general Secondary depth.And of course, Brad Smith dinged.
Yup. Saw that. Reminds me of the Leonard injury.KY

I'm more concerned with the Jets CB Coleman going down in practice yesterday - Not a huge fan but, he did have a big role right now on ST, rushing the passer and general Secondary depth.And of course, Brad Smith dinged.
Yup. Saw that. Reminds me of the Leonard injury.KY
Timing wise, sure....But, player wise Leonard, captain of the Jets secondary, might have been one of the top 3 players on defense you wouldn't want to lose close to game time and Coleman is number 12.Stinks but, Leonard was KILLER timing.

Well they did fall into a big hole rather quickly which doesn't help the run-pass ratio, but I do agree the game plan wasn't great right from the start.

This has nothing to do with the Cle game, but maybe there is a weakness. How about this.

The Patriots' weakness is elite QBs.

Week 7 @ Chargers: Phillip Rivers 336 yards 1 td 1 int, Patriots win 23-20.

Week 10 @ Steelers: Ben Roethlisberger 387 yards 3 tds 1 int, Patriots win 39-26.

Week 11 Colts: Peyton Manning 396 yards 4 tds 3 ints, Patriots win 31-28.

In snow:

Week 14 @ Bears: Jay Cutler 152 yards 0 tds 2 ints, Patriots win 36-7.

As long as its not in snow, the Patriots' defense is ineffective at stopping elite QBs.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a tale of three games here: Jets-Pats I, Jet-Pats II and Pats-Browns. In the first Jets game and the Browns game you have teams with strong running games that don't yet trust their QBs with the full game plan. They almost have no choice but to run it and who would have thunk it - (as posted earlier) the Pats can't stop a steady dose of hard nose running. Then in the following weeks the Jets started getting comfortable with their passing game and opened it up a little more in the second Pats game but Sanchez choked and their drives ended prematurely (by turnover or ineffective plays) giving the ball over to the Pats. This snowballed as the Jets got further behind, forced to abandon the run and you get the recipe for disaster. The Browns on the other hand kep on running and mixed in some McCoy play (pass and run) you get the Pats pressing a bit, leading to turnovers and a loss. (it doesn't hurt that Ryan's twin brother was running that defense)

So the blueprint: run, run, run, pass. On offense, play like time of possession is at least as important as the points scored for the first half of the game, then re-assess the run/pass ratio. On defense, play tough and patient with more hard blitzing up the middle. Expect the deep ball only when Brady has time. If I'm the Jets I might put Revis on Branch or anyone else that might be a deep ball factor (there aren't many on this Pats team) and play the short field with the rest of the defense. oh, and I would have Cromartie mouth off all day long and plan on some passes to go his way - heck it would make the offense a little more predictable...

This has nothing to do with the Cle game, but maybe there is a weakness. How about this.The Patriots' weakness is elite QBs. Week 7 @ Chargers: Phillip Rivers 336 yards 1 td 1 int, Patriots win 23-20.Week 10 @ Steelers: Ben Roethlisberger 387 yards 3 tds 1 int, Patriots win 39-26.Week 11 Colts: Peyton Manning 396 yards 4 tds 3 ints, Patriots win 31-28.In snow:Week 14 @ Bears: Jay Cutler 152 yards 0 tds 2 ints, Patriots win 36-7.As long as its not in snow, the Patriots' defense is ineffective at stopping elite QBs.
In all three of those games NE got up big. That's catchup stats you're lookin' at.KY

The defensive strategy in that game as I recall was that Cleveland wasn't showing their defensive look at all pre-snap, basically having almost all 11 guys standing up and not allowing Brady to point out who the mike was and where the rush was coming from. Not sure whether the Jets are comfortable with doing that, but I'm sure the Patriots have something in place to deal with it should that happen.

Jets know they have to run, so does Belichick.so he will take that away early and force Sanchez to beat them, and he can't. It's that simple, Pats will stop the run, jets will be screwed.

This has nothing to do with the Cle game, but maybe there is a weakness. How about this.The Patriots' weakness is elite QBs. Week 7 @ Chargers: Phillip Rivers 336 yards 1 td 1 int, Patriots win 23-20.Week 10 @ Steelers: Ben Roethlisberger 387 yards 3 tds 1 int, Patriots win 39-26.Week 11 Colts: Peyton Manning 396 yards 4 tds 3 ints, Patriots win 31-28.In snow:Week 14 @ Bears: Jay Cutler 152 yards 0 tds 2 ints, Patriots win 36-7.As long as its not in snow, the Patriots' defense is ineffective at stopping elite QBs.
In all three of those games NE got up big. That's catchup stats you're lookin' at.KY
So? When the Patriots lost to the Colts in the AFC title game, the Patriots were up big and then Manning rallied for the win.

Fensalk said:
kyoun1e said:
Fensalk said:
So? When the Patriots lost to the Colts in the AFC title game, the Patriots were up big and then Manning rallied for the win.
Guess it's a good thing they're facing Mark Sanchez and not Peyton Manning!

Users who are viewing this thread