What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Blacklist - new NBC show (1 Viewer)

One more episode this season?  Guessing they show Liz alive at end of finale.
Good call, and one of the more predictable things the show has done.  Maybe even the dreaded "jump the shark" moment which is saying a lot for this show.  I'd have given them more credit if they'd really killed her vs. manufactured one more way to keep her in perpetual peril.

Last edited by a moderator:
That episode made me say "wow" but not in the way NBC intended.  

The Blacklist and I had a handshake agreement on the level of disbelief I was willing to suspend, and they are not holding up their end of the bargain.

just a gut wrenchingly awful finale to a show that used to have some guilty pleasure charm.
The entire back half of the season was pretty miserable.  Pretty sure I'm done with this one.

I've always watched it mostly for James Spader. That remains unchanged. He wasn't as typically unflappably upbeat the past few episodes (for obvious reasons).

Bob Magaw said:
I've always watched it mostly for James Spader. That remains unchanged. He wasn't as typically unflappably upbeat the past few episodes (for obvious reasons).
:goodposting:   I agree, Spader is the main reason to tune in. Red and his gang like Dembe (sp?) and the guy at the DMV. 

Bob Magaw said:
It's kind of why the show has lost me to a certain degree.  When the show started, Red was the hub and all of the other characters existed to advance his story.  Somewhere along the way, the tone of the show became Red being just another character that was advancing the Liz story. 

They are doing a blacklist spin-off with Mr Solomon starring as the big bad guy and Tom is on it too. No way is liz dead. They (old lady and her) cooked up this scheme to keep her safe and have her some coma drug. Great episode regardless. It was pretty crazy.
Nailed it

This show is horrible.  The whole baby story is a waste of time.  It's on the likely to be cancelled list I read this morning.  Will watch to the break and I am out (I'm two eps behind)

I still enjoy it but they've clearly stretched the Red/Lizzie relationship arc beyond its breaking point. They'll need to find a way to shift the focus of the plot in an effective way or just accept that they are at the end of the road. 

I still enjoy it but they've clearly stretched the Red/Lizzie relationship arc beyond its breaking point. They'll need to find a way to shift the focus of the plot in an effective way or just accept that they are at the end of the road. 
Maybe the spinoff will be solid when it starts and they can do some cross stories but I agree that it seems like it's at the end.

Maybe the spinoff will be solid when it starts and they can do some cross stories but I agree that it seems like it's at the end.
Not sure what to think about the chances of a spinoff but I'll give it a try. Coming next week after a 2 hour "winter finale" of the original.

I thought the dismantling of Red’s empire gave them a nice chance to reboot a bit. It’s holding my interest. 

Great ending to season 5.... of all things in the duffel bag that would have been pretty low on my list.. Next season should be one heck of a ride! :excited:
Finally watched the season finale. WOW! Did not see that coming at all!  Still shocked.

Can't wait for next season!

:jawdrop:

Users who are viewing this thread