What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bitcoin ownership-divorce (1 Viewer)

shadrap

Footballguy
Daughter getting divorce.  Son in law did own bitcoin but now claims he doesn't.  I have his SS#.  Anyway to blanket check to see if he owns bitcoin or whether he has say, transferred it to his parents?

Some smart guys on here.  lot smarter than me.   I also hope this is not an out of bounds topic.  

It's tough as bitcoin is pretty anonymous.  First thing I'd do is check last year's tax return and see if it was claimed on there (new regs - bitcoin holdings must be disclosed).  It may be a string that your daughter can pull on. At least perhaps the value could get added to the estate to split up.

Make sure he says somewhere in writing that he doesn't currently own any BTC. Think if you end up finding some, and it is clear that he did try to hide it, the court may be a little more generous to your daughter. 

Daughter getting divorce. Son in law did own bitcoin but now claims he doesn't. I have his SS#. Anyway to blanket check to see if he owns bitcoin or whether he has say, transferred it to his parents?

Some smart guys on here. lot smarter than me. I also hope this is not an out of bounds topic.
Any update on this?

Users who are viewing this thread