What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bitcoin-Explain to me how to buy these things (1 Viewer)

I get the feeling CNBC is loving this DOGE drop and wants to see it continue to go down.  They keep playing the Musk SNL "Hustle" clip every 10 min.  

I get the feeling CNBC is loving this DOGE drop and wants to see it continue to go down.  They keep playing the Musk SNL "Hustle" clip every 10 min.  
Established industries are always going to attack new, disruptive industries. That's just how the world works. 

BTC up to like $805 (was ~$645 I think when this thread was started). Get in now or wait for it to come down a bit?

But, it's certainly risky to leave your money in BTC for awhile (although it could just continue to climb).
Hard to believe BTC was <$1k less than 5 years ago. I would've never guessed it continued to climb, much less to the heights that it is now. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to $4000 ETH (said a week after it first eclipsed $3000).
I tried to get cute and sold 2/3 of my position at $2,995. At this point it's going to launch to $10K without me.

ETA - I believe this is the first time I've checked into this thread.  I've spent the last 3 months getting educated on crypto and am now all-in.  I've moved a large portion of my business's cash into BTC and my personal portfolio is nothing but crypto.  

People still messing around with stocks seem silly to me.  

At least you took profits. That is more than a lot of us might be able to say if it crashes hard.
I've got a somewhat formal trade plan where I sell 20% after a 50% rise, another 16% after it doubles, and finally 14% after it gets to 3X.  At that point I let the remaining 50% ride.  I guess I'm kicking myself because I deviated from that plan with ETH.

I know.  I'm a long term investor too, so there's no excuse other than stubbornness and fear of buying the short term top.  
Oh I get it, I get so tempted to day trade BTC.  Its like clockwork most of the time.  It rockets to a new ATH then dips about 20%.  It does this about every month.  

But I'm not gonna do it! 

Oh I get it, I get so tempted to day trade BTC.  Its like clockwork most of the time.  It rockets to a new ATH then dips about 20%.  It does this about every month.  

But I'm not gonna do it! 
I read an article the other day that mentioned there's a wallet that holds $22B worth of Dogecoin.  I'm thinking to myself, "how on earth does someone hodl like that?"  I'm just not built that way.  

Would it be that surprising if in a few years, ETH is worth more than BTC?
Not at all.  Its stock-to-flow is more bullish and has far more use cases than BTC.  If the ETH 2.0 rollout is a success and it's the predominant platform of the decentralized economy, I'd be surprised if its market cap wasn't greater than Bitcoin's.  

ETH at $4,080 at 12:50 PT, $3,650 at 1:00.  -10% in 10 minutes!

Back to $3,920 at 1:25.

I assume this has to be some big algos causing changes that big that fast?

Now is a good time to buy.  It went over $1.00 yesterday, but just dropped to .80.  I think its a $2.00 coin soon.  

I bought some back when it was in the .30's and sold when it hit .70.  I started buying again around .80.
In  for $5 #baller

Now is a good time to buy.  It went over $1.00 yesterday, but just dropped to .80.  I think its a $2.00 coin soon.  

I bought some back when it was in the .30's and sold when it hit .70.  I started buying again around .80.
I like it in the short term but it's not a good long term coin for me since its use case is dependent on a sluggish, expensive ETH 1.0.  If ETH 2.0 has a successful rollout, then the need for Polygon goes down dramatically.  That's not to say it becomes useless, but will be in much less demand.  

People at a party last weekend talking about Dogecoin.

Decided to look up my transactions.

on robinhood I had an extra $1200 and purched Doge at .002etc.

Current value when I checked last week was $320K :kicksrock:

Of course I sold the next day because its a scam lol.  This was in OCT

With the ETH gas fees off the charts...and the unpredictability of the gas fees spiking (1-2 weeks ago, people were in disbelief as to how low they were)...I can absolutely see a $2-3 MATIC.

Very Bizarre day

Hopefully all the noob paperhands folks don't #### their pants and dump us into the toilet. 

Very Bizarre day

Hopefully all the noob paperhands folks don't #### their pants and dump us into the toilet. 
Holding up surprisingly well after the initial freak-out.

Watching the battle after it bounced back to $50k+ was intense.  I just sat there watching the orders for like 30 mins.  BTC price was jumping from $50k to $52k and back again in 3-5 seconds.  Then there was some giant 305 BTC sell order at $51172 that just got chewed through by retail like 0.04 BTC at a time over the course of half an hour.

Seemed like lots of transfer from big holders to retail as there were fewer, larger sellers and tons of smalltime dip buyers.

Musk referred to the University of Cambridge Centre for Alternative Finance site to validate his energy consumption concerns this AM.  Tesla announced they bought BTC on 2/8.

University of Cambridge Centre for Alternative Finance

If he is now concerned about the 'trend' of BTC energy consumption...that concern existed then as it consumed 124.2 TWh on that date.  On May 10, that figure was 148.77 TWh...about a 20% increase when using the 'estimated' figure.

On November 2, 2020...that figure was 64.38 TWh.  So when Tesla bought BTC, they were not concerned about the close to 100% increase 'trend' in energy consumption.  But three months after they bought BTC, the 20% uptick is of concern?

hmmm...🤔

Musk referred to the University of Cambridge Centre for Alternative Finance site to validate his energy consumption concerns this AM.  Tesla announced they bought BTC on 2/8.

University of Cambridge Centre for Alternative Finance

If he is now concerned about the 'trend' of BTC energy consumption...that concern existed then as it consumed 124.2 TWh on that date.  On May 10, that figure was 148.77 TWh...about a 20% increase when using the 'estimated' figure.

On November 2, 2020...that figure was 64.38 TWh.  So when Tesla bought BTC, they were not concerned about the close to 100% increase 'trend' in energy consumption.  But three months after they bought BTC, the 20% uptick is of concern?

hmmm...🤔
Here’s a tip.  He’s not a benevolent billionaire.  I’m sure whatever his reasoning is it is for his best interests and not the environment 

Here’s a tip.  He’s not a benevolent billionaire.  I’m sure whatever his reasoning is it is for his best interests and not the environment 
I wouldn’t be the least bit suprised if at some point in the next 6 months we get an announcement that “We have solved the BTC mining energy problem with this TESLAMATIC 3000 which you can now buy for $189K, or 4 BTC”.....

Users who are viewing this thread