What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Birth control method used- For Married (or long term relationship) FBGs (1 Viewer)

What birth control method do you use (seeking responses from married and long term relationship folk

• Condoms

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • The Pill

Votes: 23 15.1%
  • Vasectomy

Votes: 43 28.3%
  • Wife (GF)- Tubes tied

Votes: 19 12.5%
  • Pull 'n' pray

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • IUD

Votes: 19 12.5%
  • Other (Specify)

Votes: 13 8.6%

• Total voters
When we were first married it was pull n pray after we were done having kids.  Then the wife had a cyst or something that needed removed and the surgeon was like, "Hey, want me to tie the tubes while I'm in there?"  Both the wife and I were very excited.  :thumbup: :thumbup:

It was the pill for a while until we were certain we were done.  Then I got snipped.  Then she got on an IUD to cut down on periods, so we're pretty well covered. *knockswood*

My wife has the Mirena IUD at the moment.  It's pretty awesome actually.  She couldn't go on the regular pill after our son was born, so this was the recommended option.  When we're ready for kid #2, she just goes to the doc and has it pulled out.  It's also basically eliminated her monthly visitor, so that's a nice perk. 

My only complaint was the string was a little like fishing line and poked sometimes until the doc trimmed it on a follow-up. 

My wife has the Mirena IUD at the moment.  It's pretty awesome actually.  She couldn't go on the regular pill after our son was born, so this was the recommended option.  When we're ready for kid #2, she just goes to the doc and has it pulled out.  It's also basically eliminated her monthly visitor, so that's a nice perk. 

My only complaint was the string was a little like fishing line and poked sometimes until the doc trimmed it on a follow-up. 
Same...though, done with kids.  If she ever opts out of the IUD (or doc tells here to take a break...on her 2nd now) I will get snipped.  But she digs the lack of the visitor.

And yeah, that little wire is not comfy until doc trimmed it.

IUD, has the added bonus of minimizing when Aunt Flo comes to town.  Which would theoretically lead someone to think there would be more sexy time, but I'm married so we all know what reality is.

The pill for the last 16+ years.  Just had a consultation with a urologist for a vasectomy this morning.

I don't want anymore kids but if it happens it happens.  I'm certainly not taking any protective measures.  Now if an accident happens, I may have to re-think that.

you asked...

Lactational amenorrhea is the absence of menstrual periods while a woman is breastfeeding. 

Ecological breastfeeding as the kind of nursing that most effectively spaces babies: nursing on cue, keeping baby close, providing all nourishment and liquids at the breast for the first five to eight months, and nursing to comfort the baby. It does not include the use of bottles or pacifiers, mother-baby separation, parent-imposed feeding schedules or restriction of night nursings. All of these practices limit the nipple stimulation that suppresses ovulation.

After our third child (all C sections), she had her tubes tied. A couple years later, she got pregnant again...twice. After the second post-tube-tying pregnancy, they just removed her tubes. I think it was her tubes they removed. Maybe it was something else? I should probably know more about the surgeries my wife has gone through. Anyway, doctor said she'd be a medical miracle and every doctor would want to study her if she got pregnant again. She hasn't.

Started off with rubbers and then after two kids I ran to get a vasectomy. Menopause will come to the wife shortly so we're double covered.

IUD for now.  Eventually a vasectomy but I'm putting that off as long as possible.  I've read of some less invasive procedure you can have that's approved in Europe right now but not here in the US where they use a needle to inject a gel into the vas deferens.  No cut required.

We use a trio of aids: unhappiness, bitterness and hopelessness.  Works great, no kids with that method yet. :thumbup:

After our third child (all C sections), she had her tubes tied. A couple years later, she got pregnant again...twice. After the second post-tube-tying pregnancy, they just removed her tubes. I think it was her tubes they removed. Maybe it was something else? I should probably know more about the surgeries my wife has gone through. Anyway, doctor said she'd be a medical miracle and every doctor would want to study her if she got pregnant again. She hasn't.
You have five kids? How do you find the time to be such an expert on the DC sports scene?   :D

Isn't that 4 things?
“No one expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is AIDS, AIDS and unhappiness; two chief weapons, AIDS, unhappiness, and bitterness! Er, among our chief weapons are: AIDS, unhappiness, bitterness, and hopelessness! Um, I'll come in again...”

You have five kids? How do you find the time to be such an expert on the DC sports scene?   :D
Well, the two post-tube-tying pregnancies weren't exactly viable, so I have three kids. All of my DC sports expertise is pre-kid knowledge. I feel like I know nothing now, other than I still know the Caps will lose in the playoffs every year. Luckily I have two sons who will one day grow up to keep me informed on how the backup center is looking in OTAs.

In fairness I asked the question because I hate condoms like the plague, but for a variety of reasons that i won't get into, that is our method.  I always sort of suspected that I was in the significant minority regarding the use thereof in married people.  This highly unscientific survey supports what I was thinking.  I would happily get a vasectomy, but my wife won't give up the ghost of the possibility of a third kid, which considering where we are in life sounds just completely awful.

In fairness I asked the question because I hate condoms like the plague, but for a variety of reasons that i won't get into, that is our method.  I always sort of suspected that I was in the significant minority regarding the use thereof in married people.  This highly unscientific survey supports what I was thinking.  I would happily get a vasectomy, but my wife won't give up the ghost of the possibility of a third kid, which considering where we are in life sounds just completely awful.
So you only get to soak the walls when you're trying to procreate? 

Used to use the pull out method and it never failed. But no more! Wife got her tubes tied after the c section.

Users who are viewing this thread