What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bijan freaking Robinson (1 Viewer)

SunsOut

Footballguy
Ok. It’s time, now half way through the season, to have a real discussion.

Will Bijan’s role reeeeally change the 2nd half of the season?

Cordarrelle is now healthy(er) and Tyler has not loosened his grasp on goal line/inside 5 touches.

So. Why will it change? It’s time to honestly ask that question. We all know the upside if it does - but we are playing a finite game here - a sprint to make the playoffs and Bijan certainly is not helping my team achieve the end goal.

I think it is time to sell before we cannot in two weeks time past the trade deadline.

I am 4-4, 7th in 12 team .5ppr 1/2/2/1/1 league and just lost Waller to another hamstring injury.

I lack depth to make a proper run (imo) and Bijan has shown zero signs of providing consistent 20pt weekly output.

I am debating selling. And selling for relatively cheap because I’m not going to sink with this ship if I have a clearer path to putting up points.

AM I NUTS?!

Current team:
Tua / Keenan / Ridley / Bijan / Breece / Waller / Jacobs. Bench: C Watson / JSN / Kyler / stash RBs.

Losing Waller is a big problem for me as our league currently has backup TEs on almost every squad. Only TEs on the waiver: Chig / Parham / Otton / not much else worth naming.

In a competitive 12-team league I need my entire roster to have opportunity at putting up points.

My current thought is to offload Bijan.

Some options I could explore to acquire:
-Waddle + McBride
-Aaron Jones + Kmet
-Higgins + LaPorta

Am I nuts or is it time to make a move to make a run.

I haven’t looked at other teams, but I think

Bijan owner here-- haven't given this much thought as I enjoy the player so much.

Definetly not a guy i totally trust right now either obviously

I don't think anything will change without an injury. If you aren't happy with Bijan then try and move him to someone that believes in him more than you.

I'm a Bijan owner too and, yea, he hasn't been what he was touted to be so far. It was supposed to be a smash situation for him in Atlanta. But, we see it so many times that a rookie breaks out in the second half of the year. We even saw it in Atlanta last year with Allgeier. Outside of his headache game, his snap share has increased and he gets passing game work.

You might look at things in perspective though. He might be a disappointment so far for what he was hyped up to be, but he still is a good RB overall in this fantasy landscape. There are only so many RBs you can plug in and can, not only get consistent work in the run and pass game, but also has the potential for a huge game. And he still has that potential high ceiling ROS.

If you have run out of patience with him, or won't get too upset if he breaks out after trading him away, then I say trade him but I wouldn't sell low at all. You need to get another startable RB and another starter at another position of need.

Allgeier totals so far, 5 touches for -13 yards. STUD.
Ended up pretty good mostly because the Vikes defense folded on that last drive where he got 8 or 10 carries and a TD to end with 40 yds and a TD on the day. I don't have any clue why they weren't using Bijan in that situation or why he isn't getting more touches... I think they are a nice combo but Bijan should lead that combo in touches.

I'm not trying to come off as a Bijan defender but i wanted to put this out there....

Last season Allgeier had four straight games of single digit fantasy points (with a high of 6.4) leading into their bye week. In that span he was getting carries of 8, 8, 11 and 10. After their bye week, he had fantasy points of 21.6 vs the Saints, 11.7 vs the Ravens, 15.5 vs the Cardinals and 13.5 vs the Bucs and getting carries of 17, 18, 20, and 24 respectively. It's a known commodity to bet on rookies playing and/or getting much more utilized after a team's bye week and it came to fruition last season with Allgeier who is not the runner Bijan is.

So, maybe the same thing happens with Bijan's usage in the offense and Arthur Smith finally unleashes him after the bye. Or, maybe he coaches the same way by splitting carries and doing goofy things that do not get his best offensive talent the ball to make a difference in a game.

But, it is in the realm of possibilities and, if it does happen, he is definitely someone who could carry you to a league championship. The upside is still there, you just have to hope things break right for it to happen... just like many other things in fantasy. Again though, if it's too frustrating to deal with, and you can get GOOD value for him, nothing wrong moving on and trying to improve your team.

I agree - IF I can get good value I would have moved on, but I don't think that is feasible right now with how he has performed.

I am with you @mogrod , our last hope is Atlanta changing tactics coming out of the bye and unleashing Bijan as he deserves to be (out performing Tyler in every metric out there).

Our other hope....Atlanta loses to Kyler & the Cardinals and Arthur gets canned.

There are some outs...

Users who are viewing this thread