What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Big Ten Basketball 2022/2023 - Return to Power (1 Viewer)

johnnyrock62000 said:
Gophers are going to prove all the Experts wrong who are picking MT. It's amazing how many imo; like a goregone conclusion that they lose apparently.

MN by 8 to 10. Let's play. 

ETA: MIddle TN favored by 1 now. 
Good call. Makes me feel good about my Oklahoma State pick.

Big 10s got 7 teams in and 3 of them on the 8/9 line and 1 on the 7/10 line, set to face 3 no. 1 seeds and a no. 2 seed if they advance. Did they even have a representative on the selection committee other than someone that was there to make the coffee?

Big 10s got 7 teams in and 3 of them on the 8/9 line and 1 on the 7/10 line, set to face 3 no. 1 seeds and a no. 2 seed if they advance. Did they even have a representative on the selection committee other than someone that was there to make the coffee?
MSU's AD was chairman of the committee. :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Big Ten basketball still sucks. There's so very little quality talent in the conference and it shows in March.
Considering they consistently puts teams in the final four that is a silly statement and probably just a terrible fishing attempt, but yeah this year they lacked any elite team, which is very unusual for a conference which is typical one of the top couple of conferences in the country. 

Maryland was embarrassing again.  Bad shooting.  Bad defense.  Long stretches with no offense at all.  Pitiful rebounding.

The red flags with Turgeon are getting stronger.  At this point, I'm beginning to think he is a recruiter and nothing more.  I'm not done with him yet, but I need to see some improvement in the trouble spots, and soon.

Hard to believe Purdue won by 10 with all the missed bunnies and Vermont hitting 10 of 12 from the field at one point down the stretch.

Maryland was embarrassing again.  Bad shooting.  Bad defense.  Long stretches with no offense at all.  Pitiful rebounding.

The red flags with Turgeon are getting stronger.  At this point, I'm beginning to think he is a recruiter and nothing more.  I'm not done with him yet, but I need to see some improvement in the trouble spots, and soon.
Why would it change? He is who he is- a decent but not great coach, who will very likely never get them to the top.

The conference is holding its own this year so far, especially if you don't consider Maryland as a member in good standing.

Will be a tough weekend for the Big10.  Next games are vs. #1 seed, #1 seed, #1 seed, #2 seed, and #5 seed.  Could easily go 0-5.  I expect one of the teams to advance.  

The annual "Is Melo Coming Back?" watch is officially on. I don't think he's ever gonna be an NBA player - not tall enough to make up for his deficiencies in athleticism and shooting consistency - but he may be tired of it all and just say "#### it, I'm out of here" and go play in Italy.

If he does come back, I like the Terps next year to be better than the paper tiger they were this season (hell, they may be better anyway given the promise the F showed). Honestly, I didn't think they'd accomplish what they did this year, so - while I'm disappointed with they way it ended - I think hindsight will look more favorably on it.

As for Turgeon, I can't figure him out. He doesn't seem to have a "style", but his teams have changed so radically from year to year (via transfers or draft) that maybe he's caught in a mix-and-match thing to stay relevant.

I wonder if Nickens and/or Wiley transfer out.

urbanhack said:
It all started with the post game celebration, spraying water, etc.   That's all you needed to see to know they had no chance today.  
maybe also with them having more athletic players too?

urbanhack said:
It all started with the post game celebration, spraying water, etc.   That's all you needed to see to know they had no chance today.  
maybe also with them having more athletic players too? I'm an NU alum, proud of this team, despite the embarassing display today. Young team, should be top 1/2-1/4 of Big Ten for years to come.

maybe also with them having more athletic players too? I'm an NU alum, proud of this team, despite the embarassing display today. Young team, should be top 1/2-1/4 of Big Ten for years to come.
Admissions will always be an issue but there's no reason NU can't build a successful program like Stanford and Vandy have.

They will have their years, but that is a tall order.  Michigan State, Wisconsin, Purdue, Michigan, Indiana, Maryland will almost always be very good.  Illinois with a new coach will be better.  Ohio State will have their years.  Iowa and Minnesota can be very good.  The big 10 is extremely deep and competitive, even in off years like this one. 

They will have their years, but that is a tall order.  Michigan State, Wisconsin, Purdue, Michigan, Indiana, Maryland will almost always be very good.  Illinois with a new coach will be better.  Ohio State will have their years.  Iowa and Minnesota can be very good.  The big 10 is extremely deep and competitive, even in off years like this one. 
michigan aint going to be good for next 1-2 yrs.. wagner keeps moving up if he leaves then way down next yr and maybe even another

The annual "Is Melo Coming Back?" watch is officially on. I don't think he's ever gonna be an NBA player - not tall enough to make up for his deficiencies in athleticism and shooting consistency - but he may be tired of it all and just say "#### it, I'm out of here" and go play in Italy.

If he does come back, I like the Terps next year to be better than the paper tiger they were this season (hell, they may be better anyway given the promise the F showed). Honestly, I didn't think they'd accomplish what they did this year, so - while I'm disappointed with they way it ended - I think hindsight will look more favorably on it.

As for Turgeon, I can't figure him out. He doesn't seem to have a "style", but his teams have changed so radically from year to year (via transfers or draft) that maybe he's caught in a mix-and-match thing to stay relevant.

I wonder if Nickens and/or Wiley transfer out.
I wonder if Melo somehow hurts this team in the long run,, They go on 10 minute FG droughts because he goes to the line 10 times and maybe gets the team out of rythem

I wonder if Melo somehow hurts this team in the long run,, They go on 10 minute FG droughts because he goes to the line 10 times and maybe gets the team out of rythem
Agreed.  I'm done with Melo.  I thank him for being a local guy who came to Maryland but I think he's now holding Maryland back.  He's not good enough to demand the ball in crunch time as much as he does.  His TOs down the stretch killed any chances the Terps had to come back.

For the Hoosiers job I've been all over Gregg Marshall but after reading a bit I don't think he's leaving the Shockers. Next best choice IMO is Miller from Dayton

I actually don't want them to hire Alford but it seems like he's the favorite.

The General said:
For the Hoosiers job I've been all over Gregg Marshall but after reading a bit I don't think he's leaving the Shockers. Next best choice IMO is Miller from Dayton

I actually don't want them to hire Alford but it seems like he's the favorite.
Couldn't they have had Alford last time if they wanted him? I don't see him leaving UCLA but what do I know? No offense but I think it's a step down to leave UCLA for Indiana. 

Users who are viewing this thread