What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Big loss for JAX offense (1 Viewer)

chihawk

Footballguy
Sorry if already mentioned, but I didn't see any other threads on this.

JAX lost both their starting OGs (Manuwai and Williams) to potentially long-lasting injuries...could be season-ending.

Manuwai hurt knee and Williams tore his bicep.

This is a huge blow to especially Taylor and MJD, but probably also Garrard and the passing game.

That'll make it very hard for JAX to compete - and maybe explain the pass/run ratio from yday against the Titans

Their first-string center, Brad Meester, is already hurt and top backup lineman Richard Collier was shot recently. This most likely puts a damper on any Jags offensive players' production in the early part of the season.

3 starters and a top reserve are all out with serious injuries, few teams can endure such a string of bad luck. If I owned any Jags RBs I'd be thinking sell right now.

JAX lost both their starting OGs (Manuwai and Williams) to potentially long-lasting injuries...could be season-ending.

This is a huge blow to especially Taylor and MJD, but probably also Garrard and the passing game.
Usually torn biceps are pretty serious injuries...

Wow.

Add this to the fact that MJD is no longer on kick returns in my return yardage league and he is barely an RB2.

Man that team could be in for a disappointing year.

3 starters and a top reserve are all out with serious injuries, few teams can endure such a string of bad luck. If I owned any Jags RBs I'd be thinking sell right now.
Didn't Portis have a very good year in 2007 with a similar situation? He lost 3/4 starters on the OL early I thought.It's a big blow but I don't know about selling already. Seems a little knee-jerk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't Portis have a very good year in 2007 with a similar situation? He lost 3/4 starters on the OL early I thought.It's a big blow but I don't know about selling already. Seems a little knee-jerk.
Not only that but the value on all 3 (MJD, FT, DG) is at a serious low. What would you even get for those players right now?

Now that I think about it, MJD could actually prosper in this situation if they have to pass more and throw a lot of dump-offs.

There's time to trade. Players that were cut will be picked up before week 2 so teams don't have to guarantee their contracts. They're going to have to act quick. The Jags can't play Del Rio's style without a tough OL grinding every Sunday. Garrard has never had 16 starts. Without a good OL, think he'll stay healthy? They'd better get some plan going before it gets ugly

Yeah, I'm thinking Jax is in for a long year. Their defense will keep them in many games, but their offense is going to be rough...

Well, going to wait it out, but looks like my thoughts on a solid year from Garrard are out the window.

Gilbert Brown (DT GB) played an entire season with a torn bicep. It's pretty serious depending on the severity of the tear. He could play with it is all I'm saying

...and he tore is bicep during warmups before the game! What kind of warmups are they doing that a player tears his bicep?

Manuwai is done for the season according to Del RioTorn ACLETA for Rotoworld blurb

Coach Jack Del Rio revealed Monday that LG Vince Manuwai tore his ACL in the Jaguars' opener. He will be placed on injured reserve, ending his season.Manuwai is a mauling run blocker, so this isn't good news for Fred Taylor or Maurice Jones-Drew on inside runs. Already down C Brad Meester, Jacksonville is now thinning badly at guard with Maurice Williams also hurt. Four of the Jags' top six offensive linemen are on the shelf.

Users who are viewing this thread