What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Big company mistaken DL-everyone emails, when people reply all to take them off (1 Viewer)

mquinnjr

Footballguy
:lmao:

150+ emails and counting in the past 10 minutes.

Some of the shtick is fantastic. So many emails that you can slip things through that are normally frowned upon, there's just too many replies to police.

People are starting to reply with meme's. http://imgur.com/a/AgLDn

Someone just sent one with #emailghazi as the subject, no body. Most emails people replying all with big bold letters about how made they are to keep getting these, and replying to the entire distribution list to take them off...of the distribution list. :wall:

I work for an enterprise of some 440,000 people.  This happens on a regular basis.  Before it was funny, now it's just annoying.

Happened here 3 or 4 months ago.  250,000 people in the company, I think there were 80,000 people on the distribution list; I had about 1000+ responses before tech support locked the ability to reply to it.  I wanted to wait until end of day and just reply to everyone, "Have a nice weekend".

Happened here 3 or 4 months ago.  250,000 people in the company, I think there were 80,000 people on the distribution list; I had about 1000+ responses before tech support locked the ability to reply to it.  I wanted to wait until end of day and just reply to everyone, "Have a nice weekend".
Its pretty amazing that isn't locked down before hand. Any of our bigger distribution lists require approval before the email is allowed out.

It's odd that this doesn't happen more in our company.  We too get to the meme stage and I plan on using the Office Space one in the future :thumbup:   

I worked at a big company where this happened a couple times.  They would have an "All hands" email group and use it to send out an email, then someone would hit "reply all" and soon the email server was slowed to a crawl with all the replies.  Apparently executives would only look at their emails on their phones, not realize the emails were going out to the whole company, and reply all to be removed from the chain.

It would take a few hours, but IT would eventually set the email server to block all emails with the subject line and then lock the email group so that only certain individuals could use it. And then someone would go through all the emails and find everyone who replied with inappropriate responses and report them to their supervisors.  People who purposely replied all in order to further the problem were also disciplined.  This was in a Fortune 500 company with thousands of employees.  Luckily only hundreds would do the reply all thing.

This happened last week over here (very large US bank). It wasn't a company-wide list as it was directed at users of one particular piece of financial software, but enough for the emails to come in quick. 

My favorite part is that the initial email said the following "Yes, Lisa told me. You are talking about XXXX right?"

The first response, replied all of course, was from a woman named Lisa Whatever and she didn't realize what was going on, just said "Sorry, I think you have the wrong Lisa".

Users who are viewing this thread