What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Beta Testers Needed for FBG Mobile Apps (1 Viewer)

David Dodds

Administrator
Everyone,

We are designing some very cool applications for mobile markets (Apple/Android tablets and phones). Here is the full press release discussing our acquisition of GoAheadScore technologies:

http://footballguys.com/updates/13update_pressrelease.php

By the middle of April we expect to begin testing some of these apps on the Apple platforms and testing across Android platforms in the weeks/ months after that.

We are looking for 40-50 people that will be willing to attempt to crash these apps in every way possible. Specifically we are looking to test on as many devices as possible so that we eliminate as many errors as possible before fully releasing into the Apple/Android markets.

Those that help us with this (submit a minimum number of feedback reports to us) will be given a 1 year subscription (or adding a year to their existing subscription). We are also looking to add a designation to your FBG Message Board Id showing that you were part of the App Development Process. A few from this core team will likely also be used to guide us with some of our other mobile efforts in the future.

Specifically we are looking for the following testers: 2 for each iOS device would be perfect (iPad 2, 3, 4, iPad mini, iPhone 4, 4S, 5) - so at least 14 - and for Android, as many different devices as we can get - ideally again 2 for each. Must all be Android 4+ - We will not be supporting Android 3 because it no longer has enough of a market share.

If interested, please respond in this thread (or send a PM to David Dodds) with the following:

Devices you own that you can test on:

What you would bring to the team:

Upon selection of the team, we will also require your full name and email address.

I'm willing to help, if needed. Can test on both Sony Android Smartphone (ICS) and Acer A700 Android Tablet (Jelly Bean)

Would love to help, can test Samsung Galaxy S3 (4.1.2 Jelly Bean) and iPad 3rd Generation

Last edited by a moderator:
Willing to test it all out as well.

Iphone 5, Toshiba thrive Android tablet (Ice Cream Sandwich), Ipad (3rd generation), and Kindle Fire.

Would be able to provide reviews from a large cross-section of mobile devices as above.

Have participated in various beta testing for software (mainly video game related) over the past 10-15 years.

I'd be interested in helping out on the Android front :)

I have a Samsung Galaxy Nexus running Android 4.2.2 as well as a Nexus 7 tablet running Android 4.2.2

What I'd bring: Software development background... So QA testing is something I'm familiar with :)

Willing to help - iPhone 5 and iPad 2.

Willing to bring a project QA testing background to your team.

I'm down!

I've got a Droid HD Razr MAXX

I've beta tested plenty of video games in my day so bug reports, feedback, and trying to break things is something I've done a lot of. Plus I just like helping out. An extra year on my 3-year sub is always nice. :thumbup:

I'd love to help out as well!! Though I've not been involved in mobile app testing, i've extensively tested many PC programs and I will work to help break them in anyway I know possible and report what I find. :thumbup:

Iphone 4S

Ipad 3

I'm up for it. Iphone 4. Currently a student, have taken a few classes based on tech and computers, very familiar with jailbreaking, coding, etc.

Looks like a couple iphone5 dudes beat Otis to the punch. Those guys are probably pretty lame though. TIA

ETA: if no room for this, I'll settle for a staff position. Chase will be my reference. He can tell you all you need to know.

Would love to help with this. Can try my best to crash it on an iPhone 5, iPad 4, and an android tablet running ice cream sandwich.

iPhone 4

iPad 3

iPad Mini

iPod Touch 5

also have a Fire HD if you guys are dabbling with Amazon

***You can trust me , I'm not like the others***

;)

I can test on iPhone 5, iPad 2, and ASUS Transformer Prime.

I'm not a kiss ### like a lot of the posters here so I'll give you an honest opinion.

I'd be interested. I've got a Samsung Galaxy S Blaze 4G running Android 4.04.

I am a developer by trade, so I know how to bash an application.

I'm in for the iPad Mini. I've been a beta tester on other apps and am familiar with taxing applications. :banned:

I would like to test. Samsung Galaxy Nexus and HP Touchpad (hacked to run Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4). I may also be able to test some on a Droid Razr M. Also, a Logitech Revue (Google TV), if that is a device that needs testing.

What I bring: I have been on staff at a couple of Android related forums and have beta tested for fellow staff members. Have hacked many devices and have a good general knowledge of Android.

I would love to be chosen to be a tester. I have a Droid Razr. I was also an original chromebook beta tester so I have the chrombook also if you are looking at chrome apps.

You don't have to add a year to my subscription either, I already have a lifetime. ;)

I would help also I have a ASUS Transformer Tablet Pad TF300T with The latest Android™ 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich OS Thanks Aaron

I haven't seen anyone with a Galaxy Note 2 (Jellybean). Have a Nexus 7 tablet running Jellybean as well. I'd be happy to help, David.

As far as what I bring to the table, usually an insatiable appetite for food and beer and the occasional inappropriate joke.

I haven't seen anyone with a Galaxy Note 2 (Jellybean). Have a Nexus 7 tablet running Jellybean as well. I'd be happy to help, David.As far as what I bring to the table, usually an insatiable appetite for food and beer and the occasional inappropriate joke.
:lmao:

If you need more Android users, I have two that I could test: galaxy s3 and a razr maxx.

I've beta tested numerous games, so I'm familiar with filling out feedback on errors. Never tested an app, but I have plenty of free time to spend trying to break things :D

Samsung S3 running Android Jellybean OS on Verizon 4G. I have been employed by a software company for over 2 decades and have done extensive software beta-testing.

I'd help out. I have access to the following devices:

Samsung Galaxy S III

iPhone 4S

iPad? (whatever the newest version was as of December '12)

I don't bring a lot of tech know-how to the table, so if that's what you're looking for, I'm out, though.

Im willing and able...

iPhone 4s & iPad (1st generation)

What I bring to the table...

a lot of elipsis...

Also I'm OBSESSED with football information and I'm a bit obsessive compulsive so I hardly miss a thing because I look over it 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 times...

I have a B.S. in Computer Science with 8 yrs of experience as a graphic designer & I'm 20 pounds overweight with an order from my heart doctors not to exercise extensively so really what else would I be doing instead of trying to make this thing crash...

...1000 (dookie jankins) :thumbup:

Android User:

Phone: Galaxy Nexus

Tablet: Nexus 10

What I bring to the table: Plenty of time to mess with the apps while the wife watches the newest episodes of Housewives of Beverly Hills, or Orange County etc.

[*]I have a Samsung Galaxy Note II, in addition to an iPad 2.

[*]I believe the Note II and future tablet-like-phones are important for your growth. They are small enough to be carried by your clientele, yet large enough to facilitate all but the most complicated (read Excel) app work.

[*]I have long awaited footballguys venturing into the mobile realm, and would like to volunteer my time to helping it be a success. It would be a small repayment for all the help and satisfaction footballguys has provided me in the past 6-7 years.

put me in the que

iphone4

hi volume reader, check fbg app on my phone everyday..

electrical engineer by trade

in! iphone 4 or ipad 4

former blogger, blooms best friend, i like to complain

I'm in! iPhone5 and an older iphone3g. Should you be looking to expand further, I might be one of the only folks left who still use a Blackberry playbook tablet daily.

I'd love to test it. I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S3, and looking to get a iOS tablet soon. Bear in mind, my GS3 is on a custom ROM, so I dunno if that makes any difference.

Users who are viewing this thread