What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best song about.... (1 Viewer)

Yeah - Tom Waits rocks!

In Ilov80's Oscar re-vote threads, I created a "Tom Waits Award" for 2 years ----- winner ----- Tom Waits - of course!

Good stuff. 

@ZenoRazon I knew you were a Jack White fan because of how much I have seen you like the blues. Jack falls right in with the lineage of blues guitarists. 

Maybe here...this was right before they took off for Europe 

Screwdriver

On Nov. 2, 2001, the Stripes stepped out of the garage and grimy confines of Detroit dives and into the Detroit Institute of the Arts. This show was a tune-up before the duo set out on a sold-out tour of the U.K. And once again, Detroit was about to export something that would change the world besides automobiles (Dan Austin).

Crazy how bad the feedback and everything was there. I didn't notice at the time but he handles that #### like a rock star and makes it part of the show. 

Last edited by a moderator:
@ZenoRazon I knew you were a Jack White fan because of how much I have seen you like the blues. Jack falls right in with the lineage of blues guitarists. 
White knows them blues, he can talk all that old stuff in depth I've seen him do it.  Which surprised the hell out on me, I had no idea he had that level of knowledge about the music.

Good one. My dad his job and made sure I knew who was Lightnin Hopkins was before I left home. 
A cousin of mine bought a box of records at a yardsale (60's) one of those records, Lightnin' Hopkins.  This was just before I started my blues education.  I sat there listening on a little one speaker player thinking........why isn't this on the radio (which it was just not in Central cali)

I think only John Lee Hooker has more out put than Hopkins, both have tons of stuff. The old 20 bucks a song and will record for anybody so they did. Hard to beat both those guys.

Users who are viewing this thread