What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best option to choose? (1 Viewer)

dukezib

Footballguy
16-team dynasty non-PPR. Sack:Tackle ratio is 4:1 . Rebuilding D#. Targeting players who can impact in 2017.

What's the best fit, from the available options?
Jamal Adams S NYJ
Jarrad Davis LB DET
Zach Cunningham LB HOU
Jabril Peppers S CLE

Davis.  Immediate path to starting role, and LB usually hold more value than DBs.

I really like Adams, but the gap between the best DBs and replacement level is smaller than for LBs.  Plus, the top DBs turn over more year-to-year than the top LBs.

Now if Peppers can manage one of these "plays at LB while having DB position eligbility" deals, he would be extreme value...but league hosts seem to be catching up with that trick.

I second Arodin with Davis being the best option for the biggest impact.   Cunningham has some competition ahead of him before clear playing time and I very rarely put much stock into DB's early because you can always find startable players on the waiver wire every year.  Because that resource is usually readily available it is not worth spending high draft picks on DB's. 

Go with Davis.    

Go with Davis.    

Your info on DB value made my mind, I inherited this team (league in the 4th season) and I'm new to Dynasty and IDP things. Thanks. 

Picked Jarrad Davis. This was 2.15 pick. Hoping some of the other 3 guys slip till my next pick (3.12; 13 picks ahead). Possible, in a league where I saw:

• A guy traded up 1.11 to 1.06 in order to pick Marshawn Lynch
  • The guy receiving 1.11 picked Mike Gillislee (NE), later in 2.06 he picked... Dion Lewis (NE).
  • 1.09 = Kiko Alonso
  • 1.13 = Jatavis Brown
  • 2.09 = Kenny Stills

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread