What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best Movie Endings (2 Viewers)

Andy Dufresne said:
I don't think it needed to be spelled out. And the primary emotional note was hope, not resolution. That Andy brought hope back into Red's life was the point. IMO, anyway.

The Goat said:
I understand why you feel that way. If it had ended without seeing them reunite, I would have been disappointed.
And the beauty of it is you can both have your ending.

Love the Casablanca call-outs -- great story behind that movie, as not even the actors knew what the ending would be as writers were iterating and writing through production right up to the end of filming, being influenced by what was going on in the war right at that time.

Not sure I saw a call-out to my favorite movie of all time:

The Sting.
Awesome endings.  

8 Mile and Searching For Bobby Fischer were also mentioned upthread. So many good endings. "Clarenece's parents have a real nice marriage." 

"Take the draw." You're beat, you just don't see it yet. Probably the most riveting moment in chess you could ever have.  

I'd like to throw in Ghostbusters, believe it or not. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Two personal favorites:

Terminator 3: The movie was garbage, but how John Connor answered the phone and replied that he was in charge just seemed to flow really well.

Dracula 2000: The spin on Dracula's origin was pretty cool.

Yeah, it is a great ending but I don't like 

/ when he loses his arm or goes to jail /

Reveal hidden contents
It’s all really bad but that’s the point so it is very effective for what the director was trying to do. Never been done better imo.

It’s all really bad but that’s the point so it is very effective for what the director was trying to do. Never been done better imo.
Oh, sure. I'm not debating that. I just prefer happy endings is all. I'm a Hollywood sucker. Give me Tinseltown and roses. But Requiem was my favorite current movie in my twenties along with Magnolia.  

Oh, sure. I'm not debating that. I just prefer happy endings is all. I'm a Hollywood sucker. Give me Tinseltown and roses. But Requiem was my favorite current movie in my twenties along with Magnolia.  
I like sad endings but I’ve seen Requiem twice when it came out and I’ll never watch it again. It’s scarier than any traditional horror film. 

I like sad endings but I’ve seen Requiem twice when it came out and I’ll never watch it again. It’s scarier than any traditional horror film. 
Yeah, back when I was in trouble, I used to watch it all the time to remind me. I made it through partially because of Aranofsky and Selby and P.T. Anderson reminding me. It's amazing the power art has.   

eta* Edited for last name of author of book. I added an "h."  

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, that's a great way to treat Requiem. It's sort of a bad trip. I've had friends say the exact same thing you're saying. Riveted, but over it.  

I only read page 3 but I'm weighing in with Shane.

Shane: I've heard that you're a low-down Yankee liar.

Jack Wilson: Prove it.

It’s sappy as hell but the end of “Love Actually” with “God Only Knows” playing over all the pictures of families meeting at the airport is prett great.

Users who are viewing this thread