What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best Ice Cream (1 Viewer)

Well?

• Vanilla

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • Chocolate

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • Strawberry

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Mint Chocolate Chip

Votes: 16 18.2%
  • Cookie Dough

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Chocolate Peanut Butter

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • Black Rasberry

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Butter Pecan

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Cookies and Cream

Votes: 8 9.1%
  • French Vanilla

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maple Walnut

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Rocky Road

Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Coffee

Votes: 3 3.4%

• Total voters
Ok, yes, there are about 5 billion Ice Cream flavors.  can't list them all, but it's irrelevant because they aren't the best anyway, otherwise they would have made my list

Homemade Mint Chocolate Chip.

2 cups whipping cream, 1 can sweetened condensed milk, 1 tblsp mint extract. Hand mixer for about 2 minutes. Add 1 bag mini chocolate chips. Cover with cling wrap (directly on the mixture). Freeze overnight or at least 4 hours. 

Tastes better than anything you can buy. No chemicals, preservatives - not even artificial color although sometimes I do put a few drops of green in for effect. You don't even need am ice cream maker.

Maple Walnut??  Never even heard of it.
Never heard of MW. But years ago on The Celebrity Apprentice (yeah I know blah blah Trump) the two finalists were Penn Jillette and Trace Adkins and they had to create their own ice cream which they actually ended up selling in Walgreen's for a few months after. Whoever sold more won. Trace lost but he came up with this amazing Maple Macadamia. Was undoubtedly the best ice cream I've ever had in my life.

Never heard of MW. But years ago on The Celebrity Apprentice (yeah I know blah blah Trump) the two finalists were Penn Jillette and Trace Adkins and they had to create their own ice cream which they actually ended up selling in Walgreen's for a few months after. Whoever sold more won. Trace lost but he came up with this amazing Maple Macadamia. Was undoubtedly the best ice cream I've ever had in my life.
Did you try Penn's?  Because apparently his was better.

2 cups whipping cream, 1 can sweetened condensed milk, 1 tblsp mint extract. Hand mixer for about 2 minutes. Add 1 bag mini chocolate chips. Cover with cling wrap (directly on the mixture). Freeze overnight or at least 4 hours. 

Tastes better than anything you can buy. No chemicals, preservatives - not even artificial color although sometimes I do put a few drops of green in for effect. You don't even need am ice cream maker.
Seems like this would have an icy texture? Can you use this method with any flavor?

Actually, it's all chemicals.

Cream on the inside
Clean on the outside
Cream on the inside
Clean on the outside
Cream on the inside
Clean on the outside
Ice, ice cream, ice cream paint job
Ice, ice cream, ice cream paint job

I don't know how common Turkey Hill brand is but if your grocery store carries it, their black raspberry flavor is a gift from the gods.

Chocolate Peanut Butter

However, Salted caramel ice cream on warm apple pie/apple crisp is a top 3 dessert for me.

I don't know how common Turkey Hill brand is but if your grocery store carries it, their black raspberry flavor is a gift from the gods.
Oddly enough, a story. My father worked his way thru college in the freezers of the Sealtest - for my money, the first great ice cream brand - company. One thing that set Sealtest apart was their willingness to try new flavors. They had a Flavor of the Month (of which i remember Peach & Strawb/Banana being the best) but, when a FotM didn't go well, they would bring it back, strain the chunks and flavor out and turn it into chocolate, which masks just about everything. Strangely, the Black Raspberry didnt go over well and, for some reason, the chocolate didnt cover the berry flavor. Anyway, when a flavor didnt rerun right, the employees were offered 5gal tubs of it for nothing. Since we were frying bologna twice a wk to have hot meat every supper in those days, 5gal tubs of ice cream is cool, even if it's Possum Chip. Dad hid away a year's worth behind some sorne freezer stock and i ate a giant bowl of chocraspberry every day for a year. Still love both flavors.

Vanilla just for its versatility 

Can eat it plain, throw it on pie.   Makes a great sundae base.  Milk shake, root beer float, dairy Queen blizzard 

For me the correct answer is some form of vanilla (regular or French). 

By itself it's the epitome of an easy and hard flavor because anyone can make it (easy) but how many can perfect it (hard). It's also the most versatile so I can mix anything in for toppings to get different texture or flavors, like syrups. 

For me the correct answer is some form of vanilla (regular or French). 

By itself it's the epitome of an easy and hard flavor because anyone can make it (easy) but how many can perfect it (hard). It's also the most versatile so I can mix anything in for toppings to get different texture or flavors, like syrups. 
So you want the perfect vanilla do you can make it into another flavor.

Users who are viewing this thread