What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best HBO Show Theme Song (1 Viewer)

What is the best HBO show theme song?

• The Sopranos - Woke Up This Morning

Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Rome - Rome Theme Song

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Wire - Way Down In a Hole (All versions)

Votes: 17 17.5%
  • True Detective - Far From Any Road

Votes: 11 11.3%
  • Band of Brothers - BOB Theme Song

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Boardwalk Empire - Straight Up And Down

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Game Of Thrones - Main Title

Votes: 36 37.1%
  • John Adams - Opening Titles

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Wasn't sure if the OP wanted the actual best song, or if it was the song that worked best with the show. I voted Sopranos, maybe a bit out of nostalgia (True Detective really had the best connection between mood of the show and opening song). Because there's nobody who hears that song that doesn't think of Sopranos, and vice versa.

Thrones. Different level.

Although true blood is the world record holder for longest shark jump, the intro is money.

Nothing else is close imo.

Thrones. Different level.

Although true blood is the world record holder for longest shark jump, the intro is money.

Nothing else is close imo.
I like the Wire song better and love how they had different versions each season. However, you would be hard pressed to find an original theme that fit a show better than Thrones. They just nailed everything with that show. It is a rare example when everything came together just right.

Wire is the best show ever. Intro is just okay, really.

Thrones intro is a part of the show.

Sopranos intro? Come on people.

John From Cincinnati is the best song, overall package probably GOT.
Weird pick. Religious pick?

eta* no judgment, I just remember the show and finding it very religious/Christian.

Last edited by a moderator:

eta* no judgment, I just remember the show and finding it very religious/Christian.
It was a terrible show, probably the worst original series in the history of HBO. I watched the whole season but only because I'm weird like that, it was truly awful. The song they used for the intro is outstanding though.

It was a terrible show, probably the worst original series in the history of HBO. I watched the whole season but only because I'm weird like that, it was truly awful The song they used for the intro is outstanding though.
Gotcha. I thought GOT meant GOAT. I didn't mind the show that much, but I think it was the Veronica Mars dude or something and I was on a kick....

Or something like that.

But yeah, pretty wooden, IIRC.

eta* Honestly, as someone who loves music, I think they even effed up the surf intro. :shrugs:

It was a terrible show, probably the worst original series in the history of HBO. I watched the whole season but only because I'm weird like that, it was truly awful. The song they used for the intro is outstanding though.
I don't think it was terrible at all. I was really upset it was cancelled. I didn't fully (or halfly) understand it - but I wanted to. And I wanted to see where it went.

Why do you think it was terrible? The acting was great. The writing was ... well, I don't know. Like I said, i didn't fully understand, but it kept me interested. I wanted to know.

The show was one big Milch middle finger to HBO for canceling Deadwood. Awesome song. Just listened to it and added it to my playlist.

Deadwood or the wire.

Saw Amos Lee the other night opening for jack Johnson and they played the game of thrones tune as their last song. Ruled.

The show was one big Milch middle finger to HBO for canceling Deadwood.Awesome song. Just listened to it and added it to my playlist.
:goodposting:

Absolute crime they didnt finish off Deadwood.

Entourage would be my choice, followed by the Sopranos, then the Wire.

The Sopranos probably would not be high on this list if it wasn't accompanied by that awesome title sequence, or if it wasn't one of the best shows of all time. Kind of a pavlovian response when you hear that song.

I know it isn't an option, but I sometimes think the opening sequence of True Blood is better than the whole damn episode.

Users who are viewing this thread