What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Best "Cheap" Beer? (1 Viewer)

My current go-to cheap beer is High Life. 6-pack bottles is $5.99 in the local gas station's beer cave. If I'm feeling kinda cheap but want a step up from that: Land Shark.

As for the Kona discussion, I liked all their beers but I'd put Longboard as a far distant second behind Big Wave. Kona's good but not "cheap" enough for this thread.
I've seen Kona's for not much more than that 5.99
I think it's 14.99 a twelve pack in Albertsons around here. Sometimes you can get an 18 pack for 17.99 on sale
Wow. I was just at Publix in Nashville suburbs and a six pack was 10.99. For reference...Yuengling :yucky: six pack was 9.99.

Lone Star Beer easily wins for me. Also pairs well with a shot of Jameson. I consider cheap beer those that cost less than industry norms like Bud, Miller, Coors, etc.
Winner. Now that I'm in California I don't get to enjoy it as much, but I should take a trip to the specialty booze place that has it.

You people claiming Yuengling is bad are crazy. It's my go to for volume, usually alternating with Corona.

If I want light beer, I go with Coors Light.

There is an odd movement around these parts (SW Missouri, SE Kansas) of people who love Busch Light. I just can't get on board with that one.

i love yuengling and i don't consider it "cheap"

But if you want to try a light beer the Yuengling FLight is solid, Its not readily avaliable everywhere i dont think

But if you want to try a light beer the Yuengling FLight is solid, Its not readily avaliable everywhere i dont think
I did notice the price of Yuengling dropped here recently. It only came to Missouri a little over a year ago and a 6-pack of bottles used to cost $10.99, but I bought one yesterday for $8.49. It is definitely in the "cheap" beer category around these parts.

I did notice the price of Yuengling dropped here recently. It only came to Missouri a little over a year ago and a 6-pack of bottles used to cost $10.99, but I bought one yesterday for $8.49. It is definitely in the "cheap" beer category around these parts.
Interesting. I really don't know what I pay for it since I've been drinking it forever since I live in the area

You people claiming Yuengling is bad are crazy. It's my go to for volume, usually alternating with Corona.
I haven't had Yuengling but Corona is pretty terrible so if you like Corona then I probably wouldn't like Yuengling
Not even in the same ballpark
Yeah, they are two very different beers, which is why I rotate them. Keeps me from getting sick of them.
If you're into Coronas, I suggest trying to find other types of similar Mexican beers that are FAR better. Corona tastes... stale? Try a Pacifico or Tecate instead.

If you're into Coronas, I suggest trying to find other types of similar Mexican beers that are FAR better. Corona tastes... stale like piss? Try a Pacifico or Tecate instead.
FYP

I like Negra Modella probably best of the Mexican beers. Bohemia is also decent.

Honestly, it’s easy enough in most major cities to find good beer cheap enough that almost nobody should be drinking any of this crap.

Can you elaborate? How and where does one find this easily accessible good cheap beer in cities?

Trader Joes.
I love Trader Joes.

Their beer is crap though

THEIR beer or the beer they sell? Because I can get PNW craft beers there for a buck or two less than I can at the big grocery stores.

Honestly, it’s easy enough in most major cities to find good beer cheap enough that almost nobody should be drinking any of this crap.

Can you elaborate? How and where does one find this easily accessible good cheap beer in cities?

Generally what I’m saying is good beer at higher but decent prices can be had at breweries in major cities. Once you start paying Yeungling prices there’s no reason to not throw 1-2 more bucks and get something decent. You aren’t finding actually cheap decent beer anywhere. I think I’d just stop drinking before I would consistently drink Miller, Coors, Bud, etc. And this is especially true when you factor in ABV. I can get a 6-pk of Tropicalia at 6.6% for $10-12. Drink more water and higher ABV beer - win-win.

Trader Joes.
I love Trader Joes.

THEIR beer or the beer they sell? Because I can get PNW craft beers there for a buck or two less than I can at the big grocery stores.

Trader Joes.
I love Trader Joes.

Yeah, a buddy left a few of their beers at my house after the Super Bowl. Some IPA in a green can brewed out of Wisconsin. It was......fine. I wouldn't select it over another IPA that I recognize, even if it were $2-3 less expensive then their peers.

If you're into Coronas, I suggest trying to find other types of similar Mexican beers that are FAR better. Corona tastes... stale? Try a Pacifico or Tecate instead.
I can't explain why, but I agree with and still I like this taste with Corona. I used to only like it with a lime, but now I just drink it by itself. Goes down very easy for me. It wasn't always that way, but somehow my tastes have changed to the point I like it?

Users who are viewing this thread