What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bengals @ Colts (1 Viewer)

Isotopes

Footballguy
Obviously a ton of fantasy playoffs will be decided by tonight's game. Predictions are all over the board, in terms of expectations for skilled players on both sides of the ball. On the surface, the game seems like it will be a shootout, with 2 high powered offenses taking the field. After the Colts performance against the Jags, and there inability to stop the run, it could mean a heavy dose of Rudi Johnson. On the other side of the ball, the Colts have shown the ability to run the football, and we all know they can gain yardage in chunks through the air. With that in mind, I was curious how the sharks felt about the pace of the game, and likely results for fantasy players.

I think the Bengals come out firing. Taking shots downfield at the safeties and hope to get out to an early lead. I think they follow up the early passing game with a steady diet of Rudi J. I also think the Colts try to slow the pace of the game, and limit the amount of time there defense is on the field. I look for Addai to have plenty of carries, and for Peyton to look for the short and intermediate passing game to click. When it's all said and done, my expectations are;

Palmer - 18 of 26, 235 yards, 2tds and 1 int

Rudi - 30 for 140 yards, td

CJ - 8 for 110, td

TJ - 5 for 85, td

Manning - 22 of 35, 275 yards, 1 td and 1 int

Addai - 22 for 85, td

Rhodes - 12 for 45

Harrison, 10 for 120, td

Wayne, 5 for 65

Final score: Bengals 27 Colts 17

Thoughts?

Starts off ball control, quickly becomes shootout.

Like two drunk guys who promised their girlfriends they wouldn't fight tonight, but know they're going to.

I don't care what they do as long as the Benals win. Honestly, the Bengals are not going to force more carries on Rudi just because the Colts run D is bunk. Believe that this will end up a shootout just like it was a year ago, only the Bengals D has improved vastly, so i think that works in their favor. Added all of the Colts injuries, I think(hope)Bengals win.

Obviously a ton of fantasy playoffs will be decided by tonight's game. Predictions are all over the board, in terms of expectations for skilled players on both sides of the ball. On the surface, the game seems like it will be a shootout, with 2 high powered offenses taking the field. After the Colts performance against the Jags, and there inability to stop the run, it could mean a heavy dose of Rudi Johnson. On the other side of the ball, the Colts have shown the ability to run the football, and we all know they can gain yardage in chunks through the air. With that in mind, I was curious how the sharks felt about the pace of the game, and likely results for fantasy players.

I think the Bengals come out firing. Taking shots downfield at the safeties and hope to get out to an early lead. I think they follow up the early passing game with a steady diet of Rudi J. I also think the Colts try to slow the pace of the game, and limit the amount of time there defense is on the field. I look for Addai to have plenty of carries, and for Peyton to look for the short and intermediate passing game to click. When it's all said and done, my expectations are;

Palmer - 18 of 26, 235 yards, 2tds and 1 int

Rudi - 30 for 140 yards, td

CJ - 8 for 110, td

TJ - 5 for 55, td

Manning - 22 of 35, 275 yards, 1 td and 1 int

Addai - 22 for 85, td

Rhodes - 12 for 45

Harrison, 10 for 120, td

Wayne, 5 for 65

Final score: Bengals 27 Colts 17

Thoughts?
Had to edit your post above...I can't afford to have TJ go for more than that...otherwise I loose. Wouldn't mind seeing TJ have about 100 yards and Chad Johnson And Chris Henry with the TDs.I heard this morning though that the Vegas line is predicting a lot of points, so either the RBs are going to be breaking off some really big runs or this is going to be a big shoot out in a hurry.

I thinking the Bengals will run the ball more, but I hope not. I have TJ and Palmer against Harrison tonight and I have a 17 point defecit to overcome.

I don't see Indy running alot against Cincy tonight. We'll see..

I am predicting a 42-35 Colts win.....but for kicks and giggles

Manning

25/35 385 4 TDs/1 INT

Addai

15 car. 80 yards 1 TD

4 catches 50 yds

Wayne

7/130/2 TDs

Harrison

9/140/1 TD

Fletcher

3/45/1 TD

Proehl gets other 2 catches

Palmer

19/30 330 3 TDs/2 INTs

Rudi J.

28 car. 160 Yds. 2 TDs

1 catch

Chad J.

8/165 2 TDs

Housh

7/110 1 TD

Henry

3/50

Bengals will come out throwing and try to establish a lead. If they can secure a lead, they will turn more toward ball control as the game goes on. If Indy gets out to a quick start, we may see the shootout that everyone's predicting.

I think Indy comes out slinging the ball trying to establish the early lead. Afterall, if your defense can keep RBs in check, perhaps your offense can by taking away the running game.

The Colts have been lacking something in recent weeks. What they need isLil Ronnie to make an appearance. With Lil Ronnie to pump up the crowd, the Colts roll to an easy victory.

Without Lil Ronnie, well, I think the Bengals win.

I am predicting a 42-35 Colts win.....but for kicks and gigglesManning25/35 385 4 TDs/1 INTAddai15 car. 80 yards 1 TD4 catches 50 ydsWayne7/130/2 TDsHarrison9/140/1 TDFletcher3/45/1 TDProehl gets other 2 catchesPalmer19/30 330 3 TDs/2 INTsRudi J.28 car. 160 Yds. 2 TDs1 catchChad J.8/165 2 TDsHoush7/110 1 TDHenry3/50
Seriously? Has there ever been such a huge and broadly distributed fantasy fest ever?

The Colts have been lacking something in recent weeks. What they need isLil Ronnie to make an appearance. With Lil Ronnie to pump up the crowd, the Colts roll to an easy victory.

Without Lil Ronnie, well, I think the Bengals win.
It's sick that people exploited that poor palsy stricken kid. Where can I donate to help get him some therapy?You sick Colts fans must be desperate!

I am predicting a 42-35 Colts win.....but for kicks and gigglesManning25/35 385 4 TDs/1 INTAddai15 car. 80 yards 1 TD4 catches 50 ydsWayne7/130/2 TDsHarrison9/140/1 TDFletcher3/45/1 TDProehl gets other 2 catchesPalmer19/30 330 3 TDs/2 INTsRudi J.28 car. 160 Yds. 2 TDs1 catchChad J.8/165 2 TDsHoush7/110 1 TDHenry3/50
Seriously? Has there ever been such a huge and broadly distributed fantasy fest ever?
;)

I am predicting a 42-35 Colts win.....but for kicks and giggles

Manning

25/35 385 4 TDs/1 INT

Addai

15 car. 80 yards 1 TD

4 catches 50 yds

Wayne

7/130/2 TDs

Harrison

9/140/1 TD

Fletcher

3/45/1 TD

Proehl gets other 2 catches

Palmer

19/30 330 3 TDs/2 INTs

Rudi J.

28 car. 160 Yds. 2 TDs

1 catch

Chad J.

8/165 2 TDs

Housh

7/110 1 TD

Henry

3/50
Cin - Cle 2004Cin - Indy 2005

Just off the top of my head

My projections from another site:Manning- 45/410/5, Palmer- 35/310/3, Addai- 15/75/1, 4/40/1, Rudi- 28/130/2, Harrison- 8/125/1, Wayne- 9/145/2, CJ- 7/110/2, Housh- 6/80/1INDY 48, Cincy 38

My projections from another site:Manning- 45/410/5, Palmer- 35/310/3, Addai- 15/75/1, 4/40/1, Rudi- 28/130/2, Harrison- 8/125/1, Wayne- 9/145/2, CJ- 7/110/2, Housh- 6/80/1INDY 48, Cincy 38
LOL......we are almost dead similar on a couple guys!

I hope you are right about (Wayne7/130/2 TDs)I just need him to get 1td and 100 or 110 for me to win

Looks like there is consensus that tonight's game will be a shootout. I don't know if I am convinced of that. Most likely because I am protecting a lead going into tonight's game and facing Palmer and Wayne.

The key for both teams will be to stop the run and generate some pressure on the QB.

I still think the Bengals defense is soft against the run but they aren't as soft as the Colts run defense. Plus, I like Rudy Johnson better than banged-up Rhodes & Addai.

It should a fun game to watch but I think the Bengals win. Hopefully I will be wrong...

******SPOILER ALERT!!!!!*******

People expecting a shootout have not been paying attention to what is going on with these two teams recently. Consider the following:

1) The Colts offense has been horrific in their three losses over the past four weeks, averaging only 16 PPG in their defeats.

2) Peyton Manning has only 5 TD passes in 5 games.

3) The Bengals have the best defense in football right now, having only given up 33 points in their past four games, a mere 8 points a contest.

4) The Colts can not stop the run so Cincinnati will control time of possession running the ball.

Bengals will win a sloppy, emotionless, boring 24-7 game.

Palmer 18-27 211 yards 2 TD

Rudi 28-146 1 TD

CJohnson 3-26

TJ Housh 9-115 TD

Henry 5-67 TD

Manning 21-37 234

Addai 120 toal yards, TD

Rhodes 40 total yards

Wayne 7-110

Harrison 2-15

There is no chance for the outcome to be any different. In fact its a statistical impossiblility for anything else to occur other than what I have stated.

Enjoy the game!

H.K.

Last edited by a moderator:
;) :lmao:

hopefully it's 15-12, all field goals and a bunch of turnovers that neither team could capitalize on.

:banned:

Obviously a ton of fantasy playoffs will be decided by tonight's game. Predictions are all over the board, in terms of expectations for skilled players on both sides of the ball. On the surface, the game seems like it will be a shootout, with 2 high powered offenses taking the field. After the Colts performance against the Jags, and there inability to stop the run, it could mean a heavy dose of Rudi Johnson. On the other side of the ball, the Colts have shown the ability to run the football, and we all know they can gain yardage in chunks through the air. With that in mind, I was curious how the sharks felt about the pace of the game, and likely results for fantasy players.I think the Bengals come out firing. Taking shots downfield at the safeties and hope to get out to an early lead. I think they follow up the early passing game with a steady diet of Rudi J. I also think the Colts try to slow the pace of the game, and limit the amount of time there defense is on the field. I look for Addai to have plenty of carries, and for Peyton to look for the short and intermediate passing game to click. When it's all said and done, my expectations are;Palmer - 18 of 26, 235 yards, 2tds and 1 intRudi - 30 for 140 yards, tdCJ - 8 for 110, tdTJ - 5 for 85, td
Oh it will be a shootout.Thats a lock. Cincy says they dont want that but it WILL happen. R Johnson will have a nice game But so will everyone else.. I live in Indy and the thing this town cant figure out is we have a small fast defense,but why will fast RB run right through us. Rudi doesnt have the speed of MJJ. Its not the size its the speed. FWP would have 500yrds vs this D :blackdot: Im not kidding

3) The Bengals have the best defense in football right now, having only given up 33 points in their past four games, a mere 8 points a contest.
:lmao: They have been playing better but calling them the best defense is ridiculous. They did a nice job against New Orleans but the other offenses they've played against in that stretch is Cleveland, Baltimore and Oakland.

People expecting a shootout have not been paying attention to what is going on with these two teams recently. Consider the following:

1) The Colts offense has been horrific in their three losses over the past four weeks, averaging only 16 PPG in their defeats.

4) The Colts can not stop the run so Cincinnati will control time of possession running the ball.

Rudi 28-146 1 TD

CJohnson 3-26

TJ Housh 9-115 TD

Henry 5-67 TD

Manning 21-37 234

Addai 120 toal yards, TD

Rhodes 40 total yards

Wayne 7-110

Harrison 2-15

There is no chance for the outcome to be any different. In fact its a statistical impossiblility for anything else to occur other than what I have stated.

Enjoy the game!

H.K.
But your not biased.........right?Oh wait, you keep bumping the Manning thread.......so you ARE biased.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :wall: :wall:

This is one thing I totally agree with. Why should Cincy even pass the ball until Indy can prove they can stop the run? Indy has been brutalized on the ground and I don't see why that won't continue. You don't want to get in a shootout with Manning since that works right in Indy's favor. You want to minimize the amount of times the offense touches the ball and keep their defense on the field as long as possible.

You people really have no idea, do you? Here are the key stat lines of the game tonight:

Addai - 20 yds rushing, 10 receiving, no TD

Vinatieri - 3 XP, no FG (so, 21 points for Indy)

Wayne - 110 yds receiving, TD

TJ - 50 yds receiving

Rudi - 120 yds rushing, 2 TD

As this is the only scenario that has me winning ALL my fantasy leagues, so this is the way it must be.

But your not biased.........right?Oh wait, you keep bumping the Manning thread.......so you ARE biased. :bag: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :cry:
Nope, not biased at all. Every number I posted was fact. If Manning had thrown for 15 TD's in his past five games, or the Colts had averaged more than 16 in their three losses, or the Bengals hadn't given up 33 points in their last four, then I could see how you could say I was wrong.Everyone else is allowed to post their predictions, so I posted mine, however, I used hard statistical data to support my position. Nobody else did. They just threw out numbers.

This is one thing I totally agree with. Why should Cincy even pass the ball until Indy can prove they can stop the run? Indy has been brutalized on the ground and I don't see why that won't continue. You don't want to get in a shootout with Manning since that works right in Indy's favor. You want to minimize the amount of times the offense touches the ball and keep their defense on the field as long as possible.
I concur. It will be similar to the Jacksonville game. Cincy will control the ball on the ground. When Indy's defense comes out, they will do everything to stop the pass to quickly get Rudi back onto the field. Chris Perry and Rudi will both see a fair amount of touches. Probably 40 in total.

Rudi 28-146 1 TD

CJohnson 3-26

TJ Housh 9-115 TD

Henry 5-67 TD

Manning 21-37 234

Addai 120 toal yards, TD

Rhodes 40 total yards

Wayne 7-110

Harrison 2-15

Enjoy the game!

H.K.
Considering the Colts havent won the time of possession for years thats not saying much. rudi will have 150 or so yards but it wont be enough to controll the game. I see the colts every week and rudi cant do what MJJ did. It will be a shootout. There is alot of talk of Meeks and Mora being let go ASAP for the Colts.so there will be alot to prove. If the Colts fail to score 20 it will be ugly here.. Mora has to go and every coach of D needs to be fired. Dungy is on the hotseat. Tony is a great guy. A leader,a role model and someone i could leave my kids with. But he is a coach and a coach has to win. At this point he is losing from public opinion. I do not support drafting 8 DB the last 3 seasons. We should have went 8 LB's. This is really his last chance here. We are getting a now stadiam and not one person here wants to pay for it. Im sick of the taxes and everything else. If you go out to eat or get a hotel your hit with a 15% tax on top of the normal crap.

You know the funny thing about the NFL... whatever you think is going to happen, usually it doesn't. While I'm skeptical about HK's post above, I really do think that could be a reality. I wouldn't be surprised to see a 24-16 Cincinnati win, and for the "Under" to be WAY under.

I fully expect Cinci to exploit the running game all night and for Indi to try to do the same. The Colts will likely throw more, but by necessity as they fall behind in the game.

Key stats:

Cinci passing - 250 yards, 1 touchdown

Cinci running - 200 yards, 2 touchdowns

Indi passing - 300 yards, 2 touchdowns

Indi running - 80 yards, 0 touchdowns.

Break up those receiving yards based on who's open :thumbup: .

EdwardCat said:
Chris Perry and Rudi will both see a fair amount of touches. Probably 40 in total.
Seeing as Perry is on IR, I'm going to go ahead and say that this won't happen. Though Kenny Watson will probably see more work than usual.

Palmer has a bad case of fumblitis. I am pretty sure he is second in the NFL for fumbles, 14, behind David Carr. Last night Palmer fumbled 4 times and Indy only recovered 1. If the ball bounces the other way the score could have been a lot worse.

Palmer has a bad case of fumblitis. I am pretty sure he is second in the NFL for fumbles, 14, behind David Carr. Last night Palmer fumbled 4 times and Indy only recovered 1. If the ball bounces the other way the score could have been a lot worse.
The Colts have been lucky with opponent's missed FGs all year (except the 2nd Titans game), but unlucky with fumble recoveries (offensive and defensive) all year.

Users who are viewing this thread