What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Beer (1 Viewer)

Timmypg

Footballguy
I want to buy my uncle something different as a thank you for having me to his beach house, last year I bought him Sam Adams Latitude 47 (I think that was it). I don't drink & I know he hates Bud, Coors, ect. Any ideas for a good case of beer I can get him?

TIA

I hope you like six million suggestions of hard-to-find beers that you've never heard of, while the beer snobs whip out the measuring tape and try to one up each other to see who can list the most obscure beer.

Don't think too hard about it. Just get a decent beer that's not a light beer. Do they have Yuingling Lager where you are?

That was an IPA that you got him last year, if he likes those than I would go to a store that carries a wide variety of beers and make a sampler case with 4 different kinds.

Lagunitas, Goose Island, Dogfish, Hopnotch are usually available most places. You can always ask someone that works at the store to help you out.

ClownCausedChaos2 said:
I hope you like six million suggestions of hard-to-find beers that you've never heard of, while the beer snobs whip out the measuring tape and try to one up each other to see who can list the most obscure beer.

Don't think too hard about it. Just get a decent beer that's not a light beer. Do they have Yuingling Lager where you are?
He said he doesn't like Bud or Coors

All depends where you live. Bells 2 Hearted is a widely distributed IPA that is considered one of the classics of the style.

Last edited by a moderator:
ClownCausedChaos2 said:

Huh?

If you just want one case, versus a couple of six packs or mixing/matching, New Belgium is pretty widely available as a case (includes Fat Tire and a variety of their other beers).

Just go to the liquor store or even a grocery store and pick up some local craft brews. Most real beer folks are always down for trying anything that's not a major label.

As others said, if he liked the beer you got him last time just pick up some IPAs. There's no such thing as a Budweiser of IPA so if you're buying that kind of beer you can't go wrong.

Thanks all. I live in PA so I'll have to go to a good distributor & ask about IPA's.
Railbender Ale...it is a Scottish Ale brewed by the Erie Brewing Co. Being in PA, you could likely find it around. Not an IPA, but a damn good beer.

All depends where you live. Bells 2 Hearted is a widely distributed IPA that is considered one of the classics of the style.
I was going to recommend Oberon which is a great summer beer. Can't go wrong with any Bells or Founders for that matter.

Timmypg said:
I want to buy my uncle something different as a thank you for having me to his beach house, last year I bought him Sam Adams Latitude 47 (I think that was it). I don't drink & I know he hates Bud, Coors, ect. Any ideas for a good case of beer I can get him?

TIA
A nice variety pack like --Sierra Nevada 4 Way IPA variety pack. Should be easy to find and good quality

I'm a big fan of the Unibroue beers from Canada. They've got a decent variety of styles and they are all excellent, IMO.

Here is the website: Unibroue

La Fin du Monde and Maudite are my 2 favorites. It's not something you'll find in every single store but it's popular enough that you should be able to find it most any specialty beer store.

On September 27th at the World Beer Awards in London, Seigneuriale won the World's Best Belgian Style Ale award, Quatre-Centième was declared World's Best Belgian Style Blonde, and Éphémère Apple, World's Best Fruit Flavoured Beer. Moreover, La Fin du Monde and Blanche de Chambly won each a Best American award in their categorie.

After a blind tasting of the top beers from around the world, Seigneuriale has been described as " Orange and honey on the nose. Honeyed flavour with a peachy sweetness on the palate. Lots of ripe bananas. Slight peppery hops. Alcohol sweetness starts to kick in. Very warming." Quatre-Centième struck the judges with his "Pineapple on the nose. Quite caramelly, with lemon, orange and a bit of spice. Good fruity taste, well balanced with sweet and sour notes. " Éphémère Apple, for its part, has been appreciated for its candy sweet aroma, apple and rhubarb, pear and peach. Good balance between bitter and sour. Warming.”

Unibroue is the brewery from Québec who has received the largest number of awards at the WBA and to date, our ales wear more than 215 international medals around their necks. We raise our glass to you today to share all our enthusiasm! For the complete list of awards, see

Last edited by a moderator:
ClownCausedChaos2 said:

Huh?
Yuengling is a pale lager, the same style of beer as Bud and Coors, so chances are uncle would prefer something else.

ClownCausedChaos2 said:

Huh?
Yuengling is a pale lager, the same style of beer as Bud and Coors, so chances are uncle would prefer something else.
Yuengling is an amber lager, its nothing like Bud and Coors. It actually has some flavor.

ClownCausedChaos2 said:

Huh?
Yuengling is an amber lager, its nothing like Bud and Coors. It actually has some flavor.
Obviously you've never had Coors.

ClownCausedChaos2 said:

Huh?
Big red X, Tex. Let me rephrase it for you:Yuengling is a million times better than Bud and Coors.

Sincerely,

Wingnut

(A founding member of TheBeerSpot website)

ClownCausedChaos2 said:

Huh?
Big red X, Tex. Let me rephrase it for you:Yuengling is a million times better than Bud and Coors.
Type all the words you want. Doesn't make what you say right.

Wingnut

(A founding member of TheBeerSpot website)
:lmao:

i am partial to german and belgian styles with several of my favorites mentioned. despite that, the suggestion to keep it local makes a lot of sense. i think that he will be appreciative regardless of what you end up getting him.

Users who are viewing this thread