What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Beasties Save The Day! - Navin Saves It More - 3MTA3 (1 Viewer)

rockaction

Footballguy
In the immortal words of the Beastie Boys and in honor of their countdown in MAD 31 ... you saw it on the plane ... 3MTA3

Kamikaz3 up in this joint like Eminem here. And if you heard it, you know.

*Kudos to Navin for the correction

Last edited:
Animal House cake

Don't remember that. Matter of fact, I don't remember much of that movie.

I remember that Animal House was disliked by some in the know and National Lampoon for being a jock movie rather than a real underdog one. It was cruel and base, some thought. I always tended to agree with that. What's so funny about Belushi acting like a totally unrepentant slob and ignoramus? I never got it.

Anyway, enough of being prissy. I LOVE WHEN HE YELLS ZIT AND SPEWS POWDERED DONUT ALL OVER THAT STUCK UP PRISS.

Nah, I don't. Never saw the humor in it.

BTW Animal House is a very mean spirited comedy. Couldn't possibly be made today and that's the least of the reasons. Maybe that's why there are so few good comedies these days.

Why Flounder?

WHY NOT?

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

If I had a nickel . . .

By the way, saw your post in the book thread about Gravity's Rainbow. I was going to chime in that the Pulitzer Board finally exercised good sense in the meaning of the word "recommendation," but I was on suspension so I couldn't.

But really, the Board did an excellent job refusing that novel. I've tried so many times to get through the first few pages and aside from the apparently brilliant (and indeed memorable) opening line, I cannot do it. That does not mean I hate it or that the novel is "bad." Or that I'm judging it that way. I'm saying that as a reader it's an awfully difficult slog and probably not the book of the year if you're considering the reader. Leave that book to get its accolades from the National Book Award, which would seem to be more of an author-based award. (Though that's just from the impression that I get and not any substantive knowledge of the history of the two awards.)

Last edited:
BTW Animal House is a very mean spirited comedy. Couldn't possibly be made today and that's the least of the reasons. Maybe that's why there are so few good comedies these days.

You'll get very little argument from me here. Comedy is rooted in pain and meanness -- to a degree. But we are a nation polarized, and neither side is in a laughing mood, which sucks for what I believe to be the silent majority of people -- people who really are ready for some challenging humor that isn't overtly mean-spirited and reductive, yet at the same time doesn't bow to woke/p.c./whatever you prefer to call it shibboleths.

We can find a way, I think.

Doesn't seem like anyone has the balls to even try.

I do. Just not talented enough.

Seriously, though, the forces are pretty strong and aligned in a way that it will take some serious fortitude and real contempt for society to do so. And when you get that as the required combination, you generally don't come up with a real feel-good work of art. What to do in the era of mere truthiness and castigation for anybody not toeing the new religiosity's line? Do we go absurd like the Continent would? Somehow that doesn't fit the American character.

Who do we make fun of when times get tough? Other countries have had us for sport since Vietnam. We're an intellectual punching bag. Where do we turn if not on ourselves, which leads us down a dangerous path of the inevitable media cycle of assessing art.

That media cycle. Find art that tells an uncomfortable truth. Find out how the uncomfortable truth affects the intersectionality, or worse, affects the bottom line of the nation. Hold the artist responsible and dig up dirt on that artist and his philosophy. Run endless stories about the controversy created by mass media itself. Force an apology. Rinse. Repeat.

Users who are viewing this thread