What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Audi Poll (1 Viewer)

The vertical front grill on every Audi is:

• A great choice

Votes: 38 45.2%
  • Looks good

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • Okay

Votes: 10 11.9%
  • Not very good looking

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Who was stupid enough to put it on every vehicle?

Votes: 7 8.3%

• Total voters

Mr. Mojo

Footballguy
Audi makes some good looking vehicles but that ugly vertical front grill on every vehicle just doesn't work for me.

Opinions?

Audi needs to differentiate itself as a trendy alternative to Benz and BMW or else it gets lost in the pack.

This works for me. I think their grills and headlights make the entire line of Audis classy but sporty and trendy at the same time. I love their look. All of them.

I voted she looks good. She's so hot she could be from Cranston. GB Audi for doing that commercial.

Audi makes some good looking vehicles but that ugly vertical front grill on every vehicle just doesn't work for me.Opinions?
I agree. I'm usually a fan of the look of Audis, but the grill makes them look cheaper IMO.

It's terrible looking and I much prefer the old grills that didn't have the "unibrow." I surmise that they made the switch because the unibrow grill fits nicely with the wider Euro license plates.

While waiting in a drive through the other day I saw a sweet looking car, but didn't know what it was just by looking at it. Turned out to be an A7. It looked pretty nice, grill and all.

I hated it when they first redesigned it, but it has since grown on me. I voted that it looks good.

:lmao: all you slobs telling us how ugly Audi cars are. I almost went on a tirade here but then I remembered from the :style: thread that 95% of you have crap taste. Point being if the majority of FBGs don't think it looks cool, that means it probably is.

I drive a 2010 A6 3.0T and the front grill is huge but a front license plate covers a lot of it and you don't notice it nearly as much. Without the plate it does look a little strange, I admit.

I freakin love the car. Have the prestige package with every bell and whistle you can get, 20" wheels. 70GB of music loaded in the MMI system.

I drove BMW for 10 years. Only thing BMW has on the Audi is a tighter steering feel.

So driving home I decided to pay attention...

Honda

Mercedes

Ford

Cadillac

Nissan

Toyota

Chevy

all had vehicles with vertical grills :shrug:

'17seconds said:
I drive a 2010 A6 3.0T and the front grill is huge but a front license plate covers a lot of it and you don't notice it nearly as much. Without the plate it does look a little strange, I admit.I freakin love the car. Have the prestige package with every bell and whistle you can get, 20" wheels. 70GB of music loaded in the MMI system. I drove BMW for 10 years. Only thing BMW has on the Audi is a tighter steering feel.
...And the fact that Audis are pretty much the only cars that BMWs are more reliable than.

'17seconds said:
I drive a 2010 A6 3.0T and the front grill is huge but a front license plate covers a lot of it and you don't notice it nearly as much. Without the plate it does look a little strange, I admit.I freakin love the car. Have the prestige package with every bell and whistle you can get, 20" wheels. 70GB of music loaded in the MMI system. I drove BMW for 10 years. Only thing BMW has on the Audi is a tighter steering feel.
...And the fact that Audis are pretty much the only cars that BMWs are more reliable than.
For me it's been about the same so far. Both have convenience features failing all over the place, but no engine issues.

So driving home I decided to pay attention...HondaMercedesFordCadillacNissanToyotaChevyall had vehicles with vertical grills :shrug:
Did you also notice that 99% of them look like you are driving 1/2 an egg down the road, including the audi.

:lmao: all you slobs telling us how ugly Audi cars are. I almost went on a tirade here but then I remembered from the :style: thread that 95% of you have crap taste. Point being if the majority of FBGs don't think it looks cool, that means it probably is.
So then ~80% saying it looks good or great means what?Edit: 80, not 90. About 90% saying it looks ok or better, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
F the grill I can remember when, if you saw an Audi on the road, you could be sure they had a heavy foot. On the gas, that is. Used to be if someone was riding my ### and I looked in the mirror, it was a good bet it was an Audi. Now they sell 'em to these hipsters and other ####lies who can't get the F out of my way fast enough. :angry:

The reason I set up this poll was to see if others agreed with me that the grill is ugly.

Based on the votes, I'm in the minority as it's very well liked .

'jhib said:
So then ~80% saying it looks good or great means what?Edit: 80, not 90. About 90% saying it looks ok or better, though.
well an Audi is an Audi. The pole/comments were much more negative out of the gate. At least you know what a good looking car is. To say Audis are ugly is downright laughable. Beautiful design and clean lines.

'Mr. Mojo said:
The reason I set up this poll was to see if others agreed with me that the grill is ugly.Based on the votes, I'm in the minority as it's very well liked .
I'm betting most of the respondents just voted on their overall impressions of the cars and not the grill itself. The current grills just weren't designed for the American market.

'Mr. Mojo said:
The reason I set up this poll was to see if others agreed with me that the grill is ugly.Based on the votes, I'm in the minority as it's very well liked .
I'm betting most of the respondents just voted on their overall impressions of the cars and not the grill itself. The current grills just weren't designed for the American market.
Maybe you're right. As I said in the opening, I like the looks of Audis other than the grill. Having it on every vehicle just seems like a mistake.

'Mr. Mojo said:
Maybe you're right. As I said in the opening, I like the looks of Audis other than the grill. Having it on every vehicle just seems like a mistake.
I think the grill is one of the more appealing parts but I lived in Europe for a while :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread