What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Attn Steeler fans: Rocky Blier auctioning off mementos (1 Viewer)

simsarge

Footballguy
Pittsburgh Steeler great Rocky Blier is auctioning off years of personal and professional mementos he's accumulated for a very worthy Veterans charity. Some pretty cool stuff up for bid. No Super Bowl Rings tho.

I actually got to meet him and he was gave me a few minutes to chat and a picture with him and his 5 Rings. Pretty cool guy and a Vietnam Vet with a Purple Heart too. 

Link to the auction site

Took me a bit to find the actual auction 

Last edited by a moderator:
Pittsburgh Steeler great Rocky Blier is auctioning off years of personal and professional mementos he's accumulated for a very worthy Veterans charity. Some pretty cool stuff up for bid. No Super Bowl Rings tho.

I actually got to meet him and he was gave me a few minutes to chat and a picture with him and his 5 Rings. Pretty cool guy and a Vietnam Vet with a Purple Heart too. 

Link to the auction site

Took me a bit to find the actual auction 
I saw that on the news this morning.  Sadly, much if not all of it is out of my price range. :sadbanana:

A couple of years ago he was the keynote speaker at a conference and he told the story of a particularly noteworthy carry from his Steeler's career complete with details of what Bradshaw said to him and how he acted in the huddle. Later that week I was at another conference where Bradshaw was the keynote.  He told the same story but from his perspective. Two different industries so the stories weren't coordinated and it was interesting just how different they were and who the bigger hero was in each of them.  

Ron Swanson said:
A couple of years ago he was the keynote speaker at a conference and he told the story of a particularly noteworthy carry from his Steeler's career complete with details of what Bradshaw said to him and how he acted in the huddle. Later that week I was at another conference where Bradshaw was the keynote.  He told the same story but from his perspective. Two different industries so the stories weren't coordinated and it was interesting just how different they were and who the bigger hero was in each of them.  
Well?  What was the story?

Well?  What was the story?
Some big touchdown run.  In Bleier's version he was begging for the ball and trying to uplift a tired team.  In Bradshaw's version Bleier was out of gas, exhausted, and puking on the field but Bradshaw motivated him into one more big run. Or something to that effect. Truthfully, I only half listened to both of them and caught the gist of it.  They're both terrible speakers and I'm clearly a bad listener.

Users who are viewing this thread