What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Atomic Punk Mock Draft (1 Viewer)

Atomic Punk

Footballguy
I wasn't planning on doing one this year, but I just couldn't pass ... it is just too much fun. As I do most years, I have incorporated trades into the mock and have used the trade value chart as much as possible to give it a sense of "realism".

Enjoy and feel free to let me know which of these picks "will never, ever happen".

First Round

1. St. Louis Rams: Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma

First of three slam dunk picks of the draft IMO. They won’t pass on a QB for the third year in a row … they just won’t.

2. Detroit Lions: Ndamukong Suh DT Nebraska

The new regime has made some great picks and will continue with the sure fire DT.

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Gerald McCoy DT Oklahoma

Third of the three slam dunks. Bucs are in bad need of a DT and McCoy will not disappoint.

4. Washington Redskins: Trent Williams OT Oklahoma

First of many teams that are dying for help on the O-Line, but they surprise and take Williams instead of Okung.

5. Kansas City Chiefs: Russell Okung OT Oklahoma State

The Chiefs get a gift when the Skins pass on Okung. They rush their pick up to the podium.

6. Seattle Seahawks: Dennis Morgan DE Georgia Tech

OT makes sense, but DE’s are prized and Morgan is the best in the draft.

7. Cleveland Browns: Eric Berry S Tennessee

I believe Holmgren when he says Clausen is not his kind of QB and take the stud Berry at Safety instead.

8. Oakland Raiders: Jimmy Clausen QB Notre Dame

Sure, they usually look for the measurables, but Davis also like the “bad boy” types. I hope and pray they have given up on Russell and go in a different direction.

9. Buffalo Bills: Bryan Bulaga OT Iowa

I don’t think Clausen is Gainey’s kind of QB anyway, so they get the best OT on the board.

10. Dallas Cowboys: Dez Bryant WR Oklahoma State

(To Jax: #27, #90 and 2011 #1 / To Dal: #10)

Jerry realizes the error of his ways with Williams and goes out and gets the stud WR he craves, by moving ahead of a few WR hungry teams. The Jags move down and pick up a much needed extra pick this year and a second 1st rounder next.

11. Denver Broncos: Dan Williams DT Tennessee

A 3-4 NT is much coveted with many teams moving to that defense. I don’t think Williams will last as long as most mocks have him going.

12. Philadelphia Eagles: Earl Thomas S Texas

(To Mia: #24, #55, #105 / To Phi: #12)

The Eagles D was not the same after Dawkins left and Reid knows it and gets a thumper in Thomas. Miami picks up the second they gave up for Marshall as well as a 4th.

13. San Francisco 49ers: Joe Haden CB Florida

Gotta love when BPA meets major team need.

14. Seattle Seahawks: C.J. Spiller RB Clemson

They really need an OT, but they just can’t pass on Spiller twice.

15. New York Giants: Rolando McClain ILB Alabama

Another perfect fit.

16. Tennessee Titans: Kyle Wilson CB Boise State

The Titans always surprise, although this could only be called a mild one.

17. San Francisco 49ers: Mike Iupati OG Idaho

The Niners could use help all along the O-Line and Lupati has less risk than the OT’s still on the board.

18. Pittsburgh Steelers: Maurkice Pouncey C Florida

Steelers like to build the trenches and Pouncey will do just that.

19. Atlanta Falcons: Brandon Graham DE Michigan

They keep trying to fix that D-line, but this time they may just do it.

20. Houston Texans: Jared Odrick DT Penn State

The Texans will draft a RB early, but not this early. The Texans are to DL, what the Lions are to WR’s in the first round.

21. Cincinnati Bengals: Sean Weatherspoon OLB Missouri

Toughest team to pick for. Their defense is improving, but could use depth along the front 7.

22. New England Patriots: Jahvid Best RB California

Surprise. The Pats take the speedster from California.

23. Green Bay Packers: Charles Brown OT USC

Other, more heralded OTs are still on the board, but the Pack always go their own way.

24. Miami Dolphins: Sergio Kindle OLB Texas

(To Phi: #12 / To Mia: #24, #55, #105)

The Fins need to get pressure on the QB for to help protect those young corners.

25. New England Patriots: Kareem Jackson CB Alabama

(To Bal: #44 and #47 / To NE: #25 and #88)

The Pats need help at CB and don’t believe Jackson will still be there for them in the 2nd.

26. Arizona Cardinals: Anthony Davis OT Rutgers

He slipped a bit, but the Cards cannot go back to the days of having the weakest O0line in the league and begin to change toward a more run based offense.

27. Cleveland Browns: Terrence Cody DT Alabama

(To Jax: #38 and # 85 / To Cle: #27)

Holmgren knows he needs a massive space eater at NT for the 3-4 to work and gets the big man from Alabama by jumping the Chargers and Jets. The Jags continue to slide and stockpile more picks.

28. San Diego Chargers: Ryan Mathews RB Fresno

I’m sold. I just don’t believe they will risk not getting one of the top tier RBs.

29. New York Jets: Jerry Hughes OLB TCU

Pressure, pressure, pressure … the Jets need it and this guy brings it.

30. Minnesota Vikings: Devon McCourty CB Rutgers

Filling a major need … this team is not that far off.

31. Kansas City Chiefs: Golden Tate WR Notre Dame

(To KC: #31 and #129 / To Ind: #36 and 102)

The move to jump the Rams and Bucs pays off. Tate is a perfect fit for the KC offense.

32. New Orleans Saints: Jason Pierre-Paul DE South Florida

I smell another bust, but the potential is too good to pass up at this spot.

Second Round

33. St. Louis Rams: Demaryius Thomas WR Georgia Tech

Pretty decent WR consolation prize to team with Bradford.

34. Detroit Lions: Bruce Campbell OT Maryland

They could go many ways with this pick, but take the chance on athletic OT from Maryland.

35. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Taylor Mays FS USC

Sabby Piscatelli is not the answer.

36.: Indianapolis Colts: Rodger Saffold OT Indiana

(To Ind: #36 and 102 / To KC: #31 and #129)

Underrated OT will shore up the Colt O-Line.

37. Philadelphia Eagles: Patrick Robinson CB Florida State

Good sized CB to team with Samuel.

38. Jacksonville Jaguars: Tim Tebow QB Florida

(To Cle: #27 / To Jax: #38 and # 85)

You knew it was coming when you saw the trade down. Makes sense on too many levels.

39. Oakland Raiders: Brian Price DT UCLA

Saw this mocked earlier this spring and thought it just made too much sense.

40. Minnesota Vikings: Colt McCoy QB Texas

(To SD: 2011 1st round pick and #93 / To Min: #40)

The Vikings give up a future #1 and a 3rd for the chance to have McCoy learn from Favre for one year. SD receives excellent value from the trade of Whitehurst.

41. Denver Broncos: Arrelious Benn WR Illinois

(To Buf: #45 and #80 / To Den: #41 and #107)

The Broncos overpay, but Benn is too good for them to pass up and let the Bills or Bucs get their new #1 WR.

42. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Carlos Dunlap DE Florida

The rebuild of the Bucs defense continues.

43. Denver Broncos: Brandon Spikes LB Florida

There are more highly touted LBs on the board, but Spikes will fit nicely into the Broncos 3-4.

44. Baltimore Ravens: Jermaine Gresham TE Oklahoma State

(To NE: #25 and #88 / To Bal: #44 and #47)

Baltimore moves out of the first with the trade with NE but still gets 1st round talent.

45. Buffalo Bills: Cam Thomas DT North Carolina

(To Den: #41 and #107 / To Buf: #45 and #80)

The Bills run defense was pathetic last year. They desperately need a big space eater.

46. New York Giants: Everson Griffen DE USC

Really unsure about this pick. The Giants line wasn't terrible last year, but there is room for improvement and they like their depth at DE.

47. Baltimore Ravens: Perrish Cox CB Oklahoma State(To NE: #25 and #88 / To Bal: #44 and #47

Newsome always finds gems like Cox in the late 1st and 2nd.

48. Carolina Panthers: Tyson Alualu DT California

The Panthers never recovered from the loss of Kemoeatu.

49. San Francisco 49ers: Ricky Sapp DE/OLB Clemson

Sapp goes before some more heralded DE’s, as he projects a little better at OLB.

50. Seattle Seahawks: Vladimir Ducasse OT Massachusetts

(To: KC #60 and #104 / To Sea: #50)

The Hawks need help at OT more than most and must now go without both a 3rd and 4th to ensure they get their man.

51. Houston Texans: Dexter McCluster RB Mississippi

Sure they already have Slaton, but this guy is plain explosive and fit in well with the Texans zone blocking scheme.

52. Pittsburgh Steelers: Koa Misi DE Utah

The Steelers continue to find these tweeners, plug them in and make them stars.

53. New England Patriots: Rob Gronkowski TE Arizona

The Pats have a need and Gronkowski looks to be a steal at this spot.

54. Cincinnati Bengals: Brandon LaFell WR Louisiana State

The Bengals don’t have a lot of holes, but there WR depth is questionable.

55. Miami Dolphins: Linval Joseph DT East Carolina

(To Phi: #12 / To Mia: #24, #55, #105)

I was originally thinking RB here, but think they will try and find their NT.

56. Green Bay Packers: Amari Spievey CB Iowa

Another team that could go RB, but there weakness at DB will hurt them if they don’t fix it in this years draft.

57. Baltimore Ravens: Corey Wootton DE Northwestern

The Ravens are aging on the front seven and need a youth infusion.

58. Philadelphia Eagles: Jonathan Dwyer RB Georgia Tech

(To Ari: #70 and #121 / To Phi: #58)

The Eagles are never afraid to move up to get their targeted player. Addition of Dwyer will make the transition to a more run oriented team.

59. Dallas Cowboys: Geno Atkins DT Georgia/b]

The Cowboys will try and convert him to a 3-4 DE.

60. Kansas City Chiefs: Nate Allen S South Florida

(To Sea: #50 / To: KC #60 and #104)

The Chiefs luck out by gaining an additional 4th and still get the Safety they were after.

61. New York Jets: Jared Veldheer OT Hillsdale

The Jets O-line is one of the best in the league, but they could use some youth.

62. Minnesota Vikings: Montario Hardesty RB Tennessee

The departure of Chester Taylor opens the door for a rookie.

63. Indianapolis Colts: Lamarr Houston DT Texas

The Colts are continuing to get the right combination in the middle of their D-line.

64. New Orleans Saints: Sean Lee LB Penn State

The Saints will continue to build up their biggest weakness at LB.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Vikings give up a future #1 and a 3rd for the chance to have McCoy learn from Favre for one year. SD receives excellent value from the trade of Whitehurst.
:lmao: Don't get me wrong I don't hate Colt McCoy. I just hate when teams mortgauge their future draft picks. I would rather see the Vikings trade down from 30 into second round (or even take him at 30) rather than give up a 1st and 3rd for him. This is a deep draft for CBs - Vikings have a shot at getting one in the second round.

Seattle will not pass on an OT at 6, much less trade themselves out of the 4th round to grab an inferior one.

Well done!! I pray the Dolphins would trade back with the Eagles. IMO There is very little OLB value at 12, although there is a LOT of first LB talent overall. To still be able to move back to the end of the round and still land one of the available OLB's (whether Kindle, Graham, Pierre-Paul, etc) while also accumulating a 2nd and 4th rounder would be a dream scenario for Phins fans.

Also like the Linval Jospeh pick in the 2nd. They need a NT in the worst way but I would hate for them to pick Dan Williams in round one. This makes much more sense. Then in round three, they can pick the best available FS.

BTW you have Linval Jospeh going twice in round two....

Well done!! I pray the Dolphins would trade back with the Eagles. IMO There is very little OLB value at 12, although there is a LOT of first LB talent overall. To still be able to move back to the end of the round and still land one of the available OLB's (whether Kindle, Graham, Pierre-Paul, etc) while also accumulating a 2nd and 4th rounder would be a dream scenario for Phins fans. Also like the Linval Jospeh pick in the 2nd. They need a NT in the worst way but I would hate for them to pick Dan Williams in round one. This makes much more sense. Then in round three, they can pick the best available FS.BTW you have Linval Jospeh going twice in round two....
The trading will likely start between the 9th and 12th IMO, with more than one possible. Parcells will build the trenches and can get some excellent value by trading down with Philly.Thanks for the Joseph heads up ... it doesn't matter how many times you read these over, one always seems to slip by.

Seattle will not pass on an OT at 6, much less trade themselves out of the 4th round to grab an inferior one.
They need an OT badly....I wouldn't be opposed to them grabbing two OL in the first even.
I guess I don't see the drop off as much as you do. I'm pretty high on Ducasse and not so much on Baluga, Davis or Campbell. I think Morgan will be a special player, so I just don't think he will drop. Seattle has also been rumored to try and move back up in the 2nd, although I'm only guessing as to what their target is.

:shrug: Don't get me wrong I don't hate Colt McCoy. I just hate when teams mortgauge their future draft picks. I would rather see the Vikings trade down from 30 into second round (or even take him at 30) rather than give up a 1st and 3rd for him. This is a deep draft for CBs - Vikings have a shot at getting one in the second round.
The "mortgage the future" trade happens almost every year lately, so I may have tried to force one in and thought the Vikes were in the best situation to do so given that they are pretty close to a champion calibre team right now and can afford it.

They need an OT badly....I wouldn't be opposed to them grabbing two OL in the first even.
I guess I don't see the drop off as much as you most analysts do. I'm pretty high on Ducasse and not so much on Baluga, Davis or Campbell. I think Morgan will be a special player, so I just don't think he will drop. Seattle has also been rumored to try and move back up in the 2nd, although I'm only guessing as to what their target is.
I haven't watched enough of them to know who's over or under rated but when a consensus of experts and amateurs alike put 3 OTs in the top 10 picks, then I just have to roll with the idea that there's a reason those guys are where they are and why 2nd rounders are in the 2nd. With two picks in the first round, and Spiller a very real possibility at 14, I just don't see how they get out of the 1st without an OT.

I guess I don't see the drop off as much as you do. I'm pretty high on Ducasse and not so much on Baluga, Davis or Campbell. I think Morgan will be a special player, so I just don't think he will drop. Seattle has also been rumored to try and move back up in the 2nd, although I'm only guessing as to what their target is.
I see 3 elite OT's(Okung, Williams, Bulaga), 4 Good prospects(Davis, Campbell, Saffold, Brown) and then the rest.I see 2 elite OG(Pouncey, Iupati...not sure how elite he is though) and 3 solid to good OG's(Asamoah, Jerry, Ducasse).I think 6 OT's go in the first round and therefore the Seahawks would miss out on an solid OL prospect by the time their 2nd rounder hits b/c it is so late.

I have a hard time believing Green Bay would pass on Kindle if he's there. Thompson stated last week that he was happy with the O line. And quite frankly, I'm not sure I'd spend a first on a tackle outside the top 10. But that's just me.

:lmao: Don't get me wrong I don't hate Colt McCoy. I just hate when teams mortgauge their future draft picks. I would rather see the Vikings trade down from 30 into second round (or even take him at 30) rather than give up a 1st and 3rd for him. This is a deep draft for CBs - Vikings have a shot at getting one in the second round.
The "mortgage the future" trade happens almost every year lately, so I may have tried to force one in and thought the Vikes were in the best situation to do so given that they are pretty close to a champion calibre team right now and can afford it.
Teams have done it and teams have regretted it. Nothing is guaranteed. One key injury and a good team can end up 8-8. Chances are they will givinig up a higher pick 30 in next years draft. Why do that? If they like Colt McCoy that much they can take him at 30 or trade back if they want to gamble. I like Hardesty but the Vikings lost Hicks in free agency and Bryant McKinnie is a ticking time bomb. I don't think they will go running back before the 4th round.

I have a hard time believing Green Bay would pass on Kindle if he's there. Thompson stated last week that he was happy with the O line. And quite frankly, I'm not sure I'd spend a first on a tackle outside the top 10. But that's just me.
Why would you believe what TT says publicly? What incentive does he have to be honest before the draft?

By Team

St. Louis Rams

1. Sam Bradford QB Oklahoma

2. Demaryius Thomas WR Georgia Tech

Detroit Lions

1. Ndamukong Suh DT Nebraska

2. Bruce Campbell OT Maryland

Tampa Bay Buccaneers

1. Gerald McCoy DT Oklahoma

2. Taylor Mays FS USC

3. Carlos Dunlap DE Florida

Washington Redskins

1. Trent Williams OT Oklahoma

Kansas City Chiefs

1. Russell Okung OT Oklahoma State

2. Golden Tate WR Notre Dame

3. Nate Allen S South Florida

4. Minus #102

5. Plus #104

6. Plus #129

Seattle Seahawks

1. Dennis Morgan DE Georgia Tech

2. C.J. Spiller RB Clemson

3. Vladimir Ducasse OT Massachusetts

4. Minus #104

Cleveland Browns

1. Eric Berry S Tennessee

2. Terrence Cody DT Alabama

3. Minus #85

Oakland Raiders

1. Jimmy Clausen QB Notre Dame

2. Brian Price DT UCLA

Buffalo Bills

1. Bryan Bulaga OT Iowa

2. Cam Thomas DT North Carolina

3. Plus #80

4. Minus #107

Dallas Cowboys

1. Dez Bryant WR Oklahoma State

2. Geno Atkins DT Georgia

3. Minus #90

4. Minus 2011 #1

Denver Broncos

1. Dan Williams DT Tennessee

2. Arrelious Benn WR Illinois

3. Brandon Spikes LB Florida

4. Plus #80

5. Minus #107

Philadelphia Eagles

1. Earl Thomas S Texas

2. Patrick Robinson CB Florida State

3. Jonathan Dwyer RB Georgia Tech

4. Minus #105

5. Minus #121

San Francisco 49ers

1. Joe Haden CB Florida

2. Mike Iupati OG Idaho

3. Ricky Sapp DE/OLB Clemson

New York Giants

1. Rolando McClain ILB Alabama

2. Everson Griffen DE USC

Tennessee Titans

1. Kyle Wilson CB Boise State

Pittsburgh Steelers

1. Maurkice Pouncey C Florida

2. Koa Misi DE Utah

Atlanta Falcons

1. Brandon Graham DE Michigan

Houston Texans

1. Jared Odrick DT Penn State

2. Dexter McCluster RB Mississippi

Cincinnati Bengals

1. Sean Weatherspoon OLB Missouri

2. Brandon LaFell WR Louisiana State

New England Patriots

1. Jahvid Best RB California

2. Kareem Jackson CB Alabama

3. Rob Gronkowski TE Arizona

4. Plus #88

Green Bay Packers

1. Charles Brown OT USC

2. Amari Spievey CB Iowa

Miami Dolphins

1. Sergio Kindle OLB Texas

2. Linval Joseph DT East Carolina

3. Plus #105

Arizona Cardinals

1. Anthony Davis OT Rutgers

2. Plus #70

3. Plus #121

San Diego Chargers

1. Ryan Mathews RB Fresno

2. Plus 2011 1st (MIN)

3. Plus #93

New York Jets

1. Jerry Hughes OLB TCU

2. Jared Veldheer OT Hillsdale

Minnesota Vikings

1. Devon McCourty CB Rutgers

2. Colt McCoy QB Texas

3. Montario Hardesty RB Tennessee

4. Minus 2011 1st (SD)

5. Minus #93

New Orleans Saints

1. Jason Pierre-Paul DE South Florida

2. Sean Lee LB Penn State

Indianapolis Colts

1. Rodger Saffold OT Indiana

2. Lamarr Houston DT Texas

3. Plus #102

4. Minus #129

Jacksonville Jaguars

1. Tim Tebow QB Florida

2. Plus #85

3. Plus #90

4. Plus 2011 !st (DAL)

Baltimore Ravens

1. Jermaine Gresham TE Oklahoma State

2. Perrish Cox CB Oklahoma State

3. Corey Wootton DE Northwestern

Carolina Panthers

1. Tyson Alualu DT California

I see 3 elite OT's(Okung, Williams, Bulaga), 4 Good prospects(Davis, Campbell, Saffold, Brown) and then the rest.I see 2 elite OG(Pouncey, Iupati...not sure how elite he is though) and 3 solid to good OG's(Asamoah, Jerry, Ducasse).I think 6 OT's go in the first round and therefore the Seahawks would miss out on an solid OL prospect by the time their 2nd rounder hits b/c it is so late.
Hard to argue with you. Skipping OT for the Hawks in the 1st was one of the more difficult moves. Their weakness at OT hurts them at two positions since they need to keep Carlson in to block with the OT they have now.

Why would you believe what TT says publicly? What incentive does he have to be honest before the draft?
It just makes sense to me. Is the tackle at 23 in the first going to be that much better than the one in the second? Especially with the depth on the O line in this draft?I'd rather have the impact DE/LB. Could be Kindle. Could be Hughes. I have a feeling that's how Thompson will see it. But you're correct, it is very, very hard to predict what Thompson will do.

I like this alot. I dont see KC trading up into round 1 for a WR however. there really is only 1 WR in my opinion worthy of a first round selection and a ton of 2nd rounders.

I LOVE Tate to KC and think along the same lines - but I dont think they need to trade up to get him.

Good Job! Fun read.

i also think Pierre Paul is rising on draft boards and not falling. Athletic ability like that never comes in packages of that size.

Atomic Punk said:
Routilla said:
If Dallas moved up that far it would be for Earl Thomas, not Dez.
I have a feeling Jones has his eyes set on Dez ... partly to make up for the Roy Williams mistake.
With the emergence of Miles Austin, I doubt the Cowboys trade up for Dez Bryant. If he fell to them, they might consider it, but I can't see them giving up all that for Bryant.Like the Eagles trade up, it makes sense and while I'd like to see them get Berry, they don't have enough (or won't give up enough) to get Berry. I could also see them giving up a draft pick for an establish LB instead of drafting one.

I don't see any way the Pats go the direction presented here. They need DE and OLB help in the worst way as they have no pass rush. Most people have them taking a WR as well.

i also think Pierre Paul is rising on draft boards and not falling. Athletic ability like that never comes in packages of that size.
Something about this guy just scream bust and I'm starting to think that GMs are getting smarter and will start to see beyond the measureables (excluding Al Davis).

I don't see any way the Pats go the direction presented here. They need DE and OLB help in the worst way as they have no pass rush. Most people have them taking a WR as well.
I'll defer to your knowledge of the Pats, but it strikes me that they don't generally draft solely for need and use a hybrid need/BPA approach.Their run game has been pedestrain for awhile. Do you think they may target a RB in the first two rounds? I like Best's potential and could see them try to replicate some of the success the Titans and others have had with this type of back.I think CB is in the same boat as RB. CB is definitely not a strength and the drop after the top 3-4 is pretty steep, which made me think they could be in play to move up to snag one.

With TE Gresham on your board, the Rams would have a tough choice between him and WR Thomas. Probably couldn't go wrong with either.

I'll defer to your knowledge of the Pats, but it strikes me that they don't generally draft solely for need and use a hybrid need/BPA approach.Their run game has been pedestrain for awhile. Do you think they may target a RB in the first two rounds? I like Best's potential and could see them try to replicate some of the success the Titans and others have had with this type of back.I think CB is in the same boat as RB. CB is definitely not a strength and the drop after the top 3-4 is pretty steep, which made me think they could be in play to move up to snag one.
From what I can tell, the Pats have a very short list as far as a draft board goes. So beyond that I think they draft BPA but within the framework of several positions. So if the best player available inthe first is a QB, they're not going to take him.Positions that I see them addressing in their first 4 picks (if they keep them as is) would be OLB, DE, TE, OL, WR, RB, and P. Probably in that order of need.I would guess that they might be eying RB Mark Ingram next year, and if that's the case they probably wouldn't invest a lot in a RB this year. They've already picked CB in recent drafts, so I wonder if taking another one might be overkill.

No chance the Raiders get Price that low.

I would be shocked if Al takes Clausen. I think he's gonna be a good pro QB, but it would mean that Al has actually given up on JaBustus. I still doubt he's ready to after getting into the biggest pissing match ever with Kiffin over the guy.

JaMarcus is a great player, get over it.

Something about this guy just scream bust and I'm starting to think that GMs are getting smarter and will start to see beyond the measureables (excluding Al Davis).
This right now is probably the most likely Oakland first rounder. I can already hear the commish calling it out and the commentators saying it's a typical Al Davis pick. Then he'll bust and everyone will continue laughing at the old man.

Users who are viewing this thread