What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

AtlantaMonster.com - The Atlanta Child Murders Podcast (1 Viewer)

On The Rocks

Evil Conservative
Wondering if anyone else has checked out the podcast Atlanta Monster, covering the Atlanta Child Murders.

http://atlantamonster.com/

The reviews are pretty good.  Some early reviews are negative on the production style but for the most part they're positive.  So far just the first episode is out, and I might wait a few weeks until after they've banked a handful of episodes.  Really interesting podcast.  It brings me back to that time.  I was 15 years old in 1979 and I remember even in the rural North East, communities were a bit shaken by this story.

Wayne Williams?  I was 5-7 years old during the murders.  I need to go talk to my Mom about it to see what she remembers and what the community was like.  At the time we lived about 20 miles south of the city so not too close.

listened to the first episode on friday :thumbup:  

would recommend

Now as an Outkast I was born, wasn't warned of the harm
That would come to meet me like Met Life, but yet life
Done sent me through a lot of up's and down like it ain't nothing'
Like elevators but I ain't the one that's pushin' the buttons
I got off at the 13th floor, when they told me that it wasn't one
They said it skipped from 12 to 14
Still smoking, still drinking, no I'm sittin' on the Lincoln
4 A.M. thinkin' that in reality the world is like a ball full of playas
We trapped off in this maze with walls made of layers
And only prayers is the tightest game that you can have
The devil's takin' a swing that might explain the broken glass
But my crystal ball see the pistol fall to the wayside
Nobody would die in cops and robbers when we used to play right

Huh, the only thang we feared was Williams, Wayne
Never though about hittin' licks or slangin' caine
Didn't think I'd be the one to give in to abortion
Label me murder because my ### is scorchin'
Hot from the glock that sits under my seat
Yeah, it's real ####ed up that my folks come to get me
And it's like dat, yeah, and it's like dem!

It was interesting to hear that they were about to pull the plug on the bridge surveillance, and on the last night they got lucky.

Pretty amazing. 

me too.  That one is starting to get a little repetitive though and I'm thinking of bailing.
The problem with Up and Vanished, is exactly that, too repetitive.  It really ran out of gas toward the end and they just kept talking ad nauseam about stuff that had already been covered multiple times.  I got through the first 15 episodes with 3 left, and not sure I can bring myself to finish it.  

Starting to not care anymore.  I’m open to Wayne Williams not be guilty IF there was some evidence, but it’s flimsy at best. 

“Wayne Williams didn’t do it.”  :unsure:

“He didn’t do it and future DeKalb chief of police can vouch for him.”  :shock:

“of course he’s in jail now for plotting and killing someone.”  :wall:

The past two episodes have been more race baiting than anything else. 

Yeah I pretty much despise the podcast now. Nobody is ever at fault for anything, everything is someone’s fault, wrong place at the wrong time, blah blah blah. 

I could only bare listening to half of the latest episode before I turned it off....and  then unsubscribed. I might go back and listen to parts of it in the future when it's a completed series. Really disappointing.

Again, I have little doubt that had the children been white the investigation would have grabbed headlines a lot sooner and been given more manpower right out of the gate, and I suspect Wayne Williams isn't guilty of all the murders, but the ball washing they were giving him in these last couple of episodes was actually sickening.

anyone who says "do you understand what i'm saying" or "you have to understand what i'm saying" or "you'll understand what i'm saying" that many times is clearly full of bull#### and trying to convince people to buy in to his story

everyone says he's highly intelligent, a savant almost, and a master manipulator and that turn of phrase makes his control/manipulation attempts nakedly obvious

you can hear the attempt to mask anger when he says it. and how he refers to himself as a Gemini who can flip a switch and be someone else on a moment's notice... frightening.

if i heard him speaking and didn't know he was a murderer (allegedly) i'd have guessed he was a dangerous person at the least.

anyone who says "do you understand what i'm saying" or "you have to understand what i'm saying" or "you'll understand what i'm saying" that many times is clearly full of bull#### and trying to convince people to buy in to his story

everyone says he's highly intelligent, a savant almost, and a master manipulator and that turn of phrase makes his control/manipulation attempts nakedly obvious

you can hear the attempt to mask anger when he says it. and how he refers to himself as a Gemini who can flip a switch and be someone else on a moment's notice... frightening.

if i heard him speaking and didn't know he was a murderer (allegedly) i'd have guessed he was a dangerous person at the least.
I didn't believe a word that came out of his mouth, but I suspect a good portion of what you point out comes from being incarcerated for 35 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't believe a word that came out of his mouth, but I suspect a good portion of what you point out comes from being incarcerated for 35 years.
i'm not all caught up but did listen to the episode where they talk to his cellmate and that kid's mother

how terrifying.  he's got that kid wrapped around his finger... and has the mom brainwashed, too.

that doesn't feel like something he learned how to do behind prison walls. imagine how easy it was for him to con little kids. 

a tiger can't change its stripes. he can't help himself... and apparently is manipulative and conniving enough to snow inmates and their families alike.

So Payne has a huge army of haters now.  

I haven't checked out the atlanta one, but I'm almost tempted to just to be informed of what people really dislike about the guy.

Apparently in episode 18 of UAV he really came down hard on a friend of a friend and the wheels came off from there.  He got some heat for this, and then went on tour and did some explotiational stuff.  

:shrug:  

I'm done after the Gemini episode. It's not going anywhere. Although I do find it hard to believe he was able to overpower the two adults he killed (Wayne was shorter and pudgy), I think it's odd that he gets linked to all the child murders. To be fair, he brought a lot of it on himself (talking with the detective on the bridge the first night, doing the polygraph test, changing his story, etc).

Users who are viewing this thread