What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

AP DROY: DeMeco Ryans (1 Viewer)

Buckna

Footballguy
Link

The linebacker, chosen at the top of the second round of last April's draft - 32 spots after the Texans made defensive end Mario Williams the first overall selection - was a runaway winner of the award announced Wednesday. Ryans led the league in solo tackles with 126, and his 156 total tackles were 33 more than the next-best rookie, Detroit linebacker Ernie Sims.

In fact, no rookie in the last 20 years had more tackles than Ryans, who was an All-American at Alabama in 2005. And Ryans had more tackles than any of the other five linebackers who won the award this decade, including Brian Urlacher and Shawne Merriman.
36 of the 50 votes.Go DeMeco!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

So, if HOU had gone VY then Ryans, they could have potentially had the offensive AND defensive rookies of the year.*

*Not that VY would have won it in their offense.

Seems like a good guy too

Ryans has not only become a star on the field, but also one of the most popular Texans off it. The affable 22-year-old, who grew up in Alabama, always makes time for the media and is never too busy to sign autographs for children.

One recent afternoon after practice, the Texans gave dozens of bikes to underprivileged children. While most players chatted with the kids for only a minute or two - and some not at all - Ryans spoke with virtually all of them while signing autographs and letting them try on his helmet.

The last one to leave, he finally tore himself away when he was in danger of being late to a meeting, but not before giving a high-five to one last little boy at the edge of the crowd.

"That was just me being me. I enjoy seeing the kids happy and making the kids smile," he said. "That was just huge for me and I wish we could do something like that back in my hometown because you don't see that too often."

At least they got this one right.

Surprised they didn't give it to the overhyped white guy in Green Bay.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread