What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone starting Ben Tate tonight? (1 Viewer)

munygon2

Footballguy
His production has definitely dropped in recent weeks, is he too risky to start in the championship game? Who would you start over him in a flex spot?

tate had a carry the 2nd possession of the 3rd qtr and ran like 12 yards but was called for a facemask while the defender was called for unnecessary roughness. that was his last play of the game afaict. was strange, esp since he was in on the final gamewinning drive vs the bengals the previous week. so maybe he tweaked his hammy on that play.

Not liking Indy at home, they could stay in it and keep Foster on the field. Tate was a perfect hold for this time of the year when Schaub was playing and they could build a huge lead to get him carries, not so much with Yates.

I don't have him but I would think he gets at least 15 carries tonight.
:confused: he hasnt had 15 carries since week 7
They haven't played the Colts.It's just my opinion, but I follow these two teams closely and there is a real chip on the texans' shoulders when it comes to Indy. They also know the Colts won last week and they (Texans) have a lot to play for here so I think the Texans come out in this game very serious and focused and will have them in a position where, by the end of the game, Foster has 20+ carries and Tate has a good number also.The other thing I will add is I se this game being one where the Texans defense turns the colts over a few times and adds to the opportunities.

Last edited by a moderator:
I own Tate in two leagues - one with Foster and one without. I don't plan to start him in either, so I'll probably drop him before gametime in both for guys who play later in the week. It's championship game time, so there's no next week, and dropping them today means no one can pick them up. I'll probably do the same with McFadden later in the week as well....

I think I'm rolling with Tate tonight... my other options are Chris Johnson (gimpy)... Brandon Jacobs... McFadden... Royster... Kahlil Bell... Sammy Morris...

Yeah yeah I know this ain't a WDIS thread I'm just giving a look into my decision to start Tate... I don't trust CJ to play much and my other starter will most likely be Brandon Jacobs since this is a non-ppr.

I don't feel real good about the decision but I need guys with the highest ceilings against my opponent this week. I feel like I gotta swing for the fences and I'm hoping they blow out the colts and he gets 15 touches for 90-100 and a TD. If I get that I'd be happy.

...and lucky

Read he had a tight hamstring but will play but I wouldnt start him unless I was really desperate. He just does not get enough carries and with the gimpy hammy its even more of a risk . The risk is ok during the regular season but not in the championship game. . Unless Foster was injured he has minimal value lately. 3 of the last 4 weeks he barley broke 3 points.

My other options are Beanie Wells and Chris Ivory, both with tough matchups and possible limited touches, so it's going to be interesting. Hate that I have to make a decision today though.

I think I'm rolling with Tate tonight... my other options are Chris Johnson (gimpy)... Brandon Jacobs... McFadden... Royster... Kahlil Bell... Sammy Morris...Yeah yeah I know this ain't a WDIS thread I'm just giving a look into my decision to start Tate... I don't trust CJ to play much and my other starter will most likely be Brandon Jacobs since this is a non-ppr.I don't feel real good about the decision but I need guys with the highest ceilings against my opponent this week. I feel like I gotta swing for the fences and I'm hoping they blow out the colts and he gets 15 touches for 90-100 and a TD. If I get that I'd be happy....and lucky
Khalil Bell

Any updates? I see that he was limited in practice on Monday but nothing since then.
Ben Tate was listed as limited with a hamstring injury for Monday's practice.The injury is a new one for Tate, though we suspect he will be fine for Thursday night's game. The Texans listed 11 players, including QB T.J. Yates (shoulder), as limited for Monday's walkthrough. Source: HoustonTexans.com sounds like tate is good to go, should get 15+ touches

Any updates? I see that he was limited in practice on Monday but nothing since then.
Ben Tate was listed as limited with a hamstring injury for Monday's practice.

The injury is a new one for Tate, though we suspect he will be fine for Thursday night's game. The Texans listed 11 players, including QB T.J. Yates (shoulder), as limited for Monday's walkthrough. Source: HoustonTexans.com

sounds like tate is good to go, should get 15+ touches
:wall:

I have Foster & Tate too...I'm sitting Tate - I agree that the game could be a close one, which should mean plenty of Foster...I HOPE SO!

I need to decide whether or not Im starting him in my flex before I head off to a meeting tonight.

Foster, I know, will see about 25 touches in total, or more...

Now, what does Tate see, if anything... And is his hammy up to it?

My options are limited at flex... basically tate, fasano, sammy morris, ivory, golden tate.

I don't know... I really don't know.

so basically everyone is predicting a blowout where Foster gets 20 touches and then Tate adds another 15+ touches? Seems a bit much.

Ben Tate was listed as limited with a hamstring injury for Monday's practice.

The injury is a new one for Tate, though we suspect he will be fine for Thursday night's game. The Texans listed 11 players, including QB T.J. Yates (shoulder), as limited for Monday's walkthrough. Source: HoustonTexans.com

sounds like tate is good to go, should get 15+ touches
Not meaning to nitpick but all we can read from that is, "Rotoworld's opinion on Monday was that he will likely play". I definitely would not read "Tate is good to go" out of that.I agree with Rotoworld that he probably will play, but that's just speculation and nothing anyone should feel comfortable setting a lineup based on. Not until something new comes out about his situation.

He had a cake matchup last week, which led to me over-thinking it and starting him over Mendy. It ended up not mattering (thanks Roddy White) but I won't make that mistake again.

'footballnerd said:
Not liking Indy at home, they could stay in it and keep Foster on the field. Tate was a perfect hold for this time of the year when Schaub was playing and they could build a huge lead to get him carries, not so much with Yates.
:goodposting: Tate's status at the moment makes him a risky boom/bust play. When I was championing Tate earlier in the season it was based on supposed seasonal outcomes and HOU resting Foster; I guess this is still a possibility but with the hammy I wonder if Tate is the one who gets the rest.

He had a cake matchup last week, which led to me over-thinking it and starting him over Mendy. It ended up not mattering (thanks Roddy White) but I won't make that mistake again.
:thanks: I came very close to a last minute brain fart of switching out SJax for Tate, but in the end decided against it. Whew, what a god-awful game all around.

Users who are viewing this thread