What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone not like Eddie Lacy? (2 Viewers)

looks like I drafted a beer-bellied Mike Alstott with dreads in the 1st this yr

Last edited by a moderator:
A week ago--every Lacy supporter was blaming his ineptitude on Rodgers being off--as well as a tough schedule. Well today his QB was on fire--his team was moving the ball--and he was going against a very weak run defense---and in this dream scenario--he gets 48 yrds and a td?
This sums it up quite well. :goodposting:
The Bears don't have a bottom feeder front 7. It's obviously concerning that Lacy did little, but it's the Bears' secondary that was starting the hot dog vendor at cornerback, so that's where they attacked. The front-7 of the Bears is somewhat rebuilt with Lamarr Houston and some new LBs.

I also think it's a blocking issue. Look at McCoy so far today... he has 3 touches for zero yards because he can barely get out of the backfield before being tackled.

Lacy is not a special talent at running back. The majority of his value comes from his potentially great situation. If the argument of the Lacy supporters is that his situation is actually going to be poor this year, that is not a positive.

the offense looks powerful which means there should be plenty of TDs for Lacy. I don't think he will rack up big yardage but will still be a weekly top 12 option

Lacy is not a special talent at running back. The majority of his value comes from his potentially great situation. If the argument of the Lacy supporters is that his situation is actually going to be poor this year, that is not a positive.
This is a ludicrous statement. He won OROY when Rodgers missed 8 games when everyone knew he was getting the ball 25+ times every game. And he still dominated. It's a bad 4-game stretch, performance and matchup-wise. People are jumping to too many conclusions here.

If Green Bay plays more games like today, Lacey will put up stats. This may have been a matchup thing. When Green Bay is in the lead or has a lead, they don't have a problem running it in on the goalline.

Green Bay was a thrill to watch today.

If Green Bay plays more games like today, Lacey will put up stats. This may have been a matchup thing. When Green Bay is in the lead or has a lead, they don't have a problem running it in on the goalline.

They threw a lot inside the 10 yesterday.

Lacy also had a second TD that was called back because of holding also, though.

I agree if the Packers are running as smoothly as they were yesterday, there are going to be happy days for Lacy owners. I think I said somewhere last week that I thought the Packers were too talented to slumber like they had been and I think we saw the beginning of what should be yesterday now that they have emerged from the other side of the Hawks/Jets/Lions (2 on the road) gauntlet.

I imagine there will be some games coming up shortly where he is 80-120 with a td or 2 and people will breathe.

I agree if the Packers are running as smoothly as they were yesterday, there are going to be happy days for Lacy owners. I think I said somewhere last week that I thought the Packers were too talented to slumber like they had been and I think we saw the beginning of what should be yesterday now that they have emerged from the other side of the Hawks/Jets/Lions (2 on the road) gauntlet.

I imagine there will be some games coming up shortly where he is 80-120 with a td or 2 and people will breathe.
Yeah...he did at least get some goal line carries.

That TD called back...I believe they did throw on 1st down and goal though (may have thrown first on his first TD too...the usual McCarthy trying to throw when everyone expects you to pound Lacy...though, when you get one on one with guys like Conte trying to cover Cobb...sometimes you just have to take it)

I'm a Packer fan and watch them each week. Up until this game my feeling was he was just having a tough stretch and felt confident Lacy would turn this around. After yesterday I am starting to lose this confidence. He is not getting to the line and hitting holes hard. His feet are dancing around and his body is at weird angles when he gets to the line. Hopefully he gets some confidence and starts hitting the holes harder and he is on a team that should produce a high number of td opportunities but this guy just isn't playing like Eddie Lacy from last year.

I'm a Packer fan and watch them each week. Up until this game my feeling was he was just having a tough stretch and felt confident Lacy would turn this around. After yesterday I am starting to lose this confidence. He is not getting to the line and hitting holes hard. His feet are dancing around and his body is at weird angles when he gets to the line. Hopefully he gets some confidence and starts hitting the holes harder and he is on a team that should produce a high number of td opportunities but this guy just isn't playing like Eddie Lacy from last year.
Id agree with a lot of this about the dancing around.

But also don't think the line is opening up as much as they did last year.

Its almost like he is always trying to break a 15 yarder and dancing for that...rather than taking the 4-5 yards by hitting the hole when there is one.

Now that Rodgers has this passing offense cooking things should loosen up for Lacy as the D has to be honest all over again.

i see good, not great things ahead. but with as bad as the RBs have been this season, he is still an every week must start.

Id agree with a lot of this about the dancing around.

But also don't think the line is opening up as much as they did last year.

Its almost like he is always trying to break a 15 yarder and dancing for that...rather than taking the 4-5 yards by hitting the hole when there is one.
I watched much of the Packer game and agree with you guys. I also watched just a tad of the Dallas game last night. On the couple of plays I saw Murray run the ball, he kind of paused as he got to the o-line, then burst through the hole once it was there. I'm wondering if that's what Lacy is trying to do, but the line just isn't giving him those holes? He does need to hit the line harder...

this really just boils down to the same thing as nearly everything on this board --- there are a few people that can evaluate talent, but the great majority of fantasy nerds simply reverse engineer opinions based on numerical production.

when a guy pops off a bunch of yards and points he's great, and they rush to the wire to grab him, but if he doesn't produce then something must be wrong with him because certainly your opinion can't be wrong.

I remember listening to the audible podcasts last year and at the beginning of the season cooper shouldn't be on anybody's roster because he's the worst receiver in the league, but after he popped off a game or two he was the most incredibly gifted athlete who was impossible to cover.

the biggest difference between 2013 lacy and 2014 lacy is they aren't leaning on him because of an injury to rodgers, so he isn't getting the same opportunity to touch the ball 300+x , as was pointed out numerous times prior to the season to anybody paying attention.

I don't think lacy is as good as murray, but if you flip flopped them I'm sure he'd put up pretty good production in dallas right now.

this really just boils down to the same thing as nearly everything on this board --- there are a few people that can evaluate talent, but the great majority of fantasy nerds simply reverse engineer opinions based on numerical production.

when a guy pops off a bunch of yards and points he's great, and they rush to the wire to grab him, but if he doesn't produce then something must be wrong with him because certainly your opinion can't be wrong.

I remember listening to the audible podcasts last year and at the beginning of the season cooper shouldn't be on anybody's roster because he's the worst receiver in the league, but after he popped off a game or two he was the most incredibly gifted athlete who was impossible to cover.

the biggest difference between 2013 lacy and 2014 lacy is they aren't leaning on him because of an injury to rodgers, so he isn't getting the same opportunity to touch the ball 300+x , as was pointed out numerous times prior to the season to anybody paying attention.

I don't think lacy is as good as murray, but if you flip flopped them I'm sure he'd put up pretty good production in dallas right now.
Which really tells the real truth. In the NFL, it is a team game more than any other and the o-line (a thing least looked at by fantasy players) is very important.

When the Texans line was great, so was Foster. When the Chiefs line was great, so was Charles. When the Eagles line was great, so was Shady.

There is always wiggle room to go either way based on the quality of the RB but the general idea is the difference between what we call a "stud" and a "bust" at the RB position often has more to do with the center, guards, and tackles just as much as it has to do with the runner everyone is talking about who is leaning too much or dancing too much or not hitting this hole or the other.

I'll put you in the group who cannot evaluate talent.

This is a ludicrous statement. He won OROY when Rodgers missed 8 games when everyone knew he was getting the ball 25+ times every game. And he still dominated. It's a bad 4-game stretch, performance and matchup-wise. People are jumping to too many conclusions here.
When will people realize that he won that Offensive Rookie of the Year BECAUSE Rodgers was out....If Rodgers doesn't get hurt last year you can at LEAST cut Lacy's numbers from last season in half....This offense runs thru Rodgers. He leads the league in tds inside the redzone in past 5 years - and inside the 5. All you Lacy owners thinking that just because the offense is looking better, and that there are plenty of td's to go around....well, wake up and look at what's been happening.

Unless Rodgers goes down Lacy is a flex play, nothing more.

When will people realize that he won that Offensive Rookie of the Year BECAUSE Rodgers was out....If Rodgers doesn't get hurt last year you can at LEAST cut Lacy's numbers from last season in half....This offense runs thru Rodgers. He leads the league in tds inside the redzone in past 5 years - and inside the 5. All you Lacy owners thinking that just because the offense is looking better, and that there are plenty of td's to go around....well, wake up and look at what's been happening.

Unless Rodgers goes down Lacy is a flex play, nothing more.
Cut them in half...at least?

Some serious crazy talk.

When will people realize that he won that Offensive Rookie of the Year BECAUSE Rodgers was out....If Rodgers doesn't get hurt last year you can at LEAST cut Lacy's numbers from last season in half....This offense runs thru Rodgers. He leads the league in tds inside the redzone in past 5 years - and inside the 5. All you Lacy owners thinking that just because the offense is looking better, and that there are plenty of td's to go around....well, wake up and look at what's been happening. Unless Rodgers goes down Lacy is a flex play, nothing more.
Haha. Serious overreaction. Lacy ran hard yesterday just missed s bunch of holes. His 2nd td also showed nice burst to the outside but was called back on a quarless hold that wouldn't have changed the play.

Sell if you're scared. I'm holding for now and starting. Too much talent to sell at less than par.

I said the same thing and Lacy ran hard around the edge and hit the pylon for that TD that was called back.

I am not worried at all about this kid. Much better days ahead for him. The other thing is...he is in on 3rd downs as well. He is their bell cow....obviously. He will be fine.

I said the same thing and Lacy ran hard around the edge and hit the pylon for that TD that was called back.

I am not worried at all about this kid. Much better days ahead for him. The other thing is...he is in on 3rd downs as well. He is their bell cow....obviously. He will be fine.
Best thing about yesterday is that Starks received zero carries. Zero. Couldn't believe it. Lacy is so clearly the feature back it's not even funny, and the Packers are still a top 5 offense even when they only pass the ball. Lacy is a buy-low candidate, IMO.

Phenomena said:
Todem said:

Best thing about yesterday is that Starks received zero carries. Zero. Couldn't believe it. Lacy is so clearly the feature back it's not even funny, and the Packers are still a top 5 offense even when they only pass the ball. Lacy is a buy-low candidate, IMO.
You are absolutely right. I am a Lacy owner, and he plain doesn't look like the guy he was last year, no way around it. Does not pass the eyeball test to me. But, Starks was a non-factor and the Packers will continue to put up points. I'll stay put with Lacy, not like I can get much for him in a trade.

Lacy owner as well. Concerned but trying to keep things in perspective.

The Bears game was an interesting one. On one hand, I hoped/expected Lacy to really dominate. On the other hand, it was a bit of an uneven game where (yet again) Lacy didn't manage to get a full workload.

If you watched the game, it felt like the Packers were gobbling up big chunks of yardage through the air. Rogers to Rogers (the TE) went big in the first half. Nelson was doing his thing. And Rogers tossed multiple long TDs to Nelson and Cobb from outside the 10 yard line.

So Lacy didn't really get a chance to get his 20-25 carries in the game - even though the final score would suggest that Lacy should have been grinding it out in the 4th quarter.

Anyhow, Lacy is not out of the woods yet. May never get there. But I wouldn't read too much into the Bears game.

Phenomena said:
Todem said:

They threw a lot inside the 10 yesterday. Lacy also had a second TD that was called back because of holding also, though.

I said the same thing and Lacy ran hard around the edge and hit the pylon for that TD that was called back.I am not worried at all about this kid. Much better days ahead for him. The other thing is...he is in on 3rd downs as well. He is their bell cow....obviously. He will be fine.
You are absolutely right. I am a Lacy owner, and he plain doesn't look like the guy he was last year, no way around it. Does not pass the eyeball test to me. But, Starks was a non-factor and the Packers will continue to put up points. I'll stay put with Lacy, not like I can get much for him in a trade.
So what are you saying? Are you taking data from essentially 3 games and saying that's who he is now? Based off your eyeball test remark, that is how I am reading it. If so, I agree I don't see the same decisiveness but I still see glimpses of him getting in track. Honestly, this is one situation I am not concerned with so far in 2014. If it lingers until midseason, then sure something is different about his game. If he blows up Week 5, I think folks will chill.

Now that Rodgers has this passing offense cooking things should loosen up for Lacy as the D has to be honest all over again.

i see good, not great things ahead. but with as bad as the RBs have been this season, he is still an every week must start.
:lmao: Do you honestly think Rodgers has not been the primary concern for every defense Green Bay has faced? They have been plenty "honest" all year.

:lmao: Do you honestly think Rodgers has not been the primary concern for every defense Green Bay has faced? They have been plenty "honest" all year.
:goodposting:

<_<

The only certainty as regards Lacy is that the same handful of posters will come in this thread and triumphantly post about how he's useless, without offering any real analysis or useful contribution. The "I will be right and gleefully brag about it, then disappear if i'm not" mentality.

To be balanced, I wasn't exactly encouraged this week either, he didn't look especially elusive or shifty and GB's usage of him wasn't very encouraging. That plus their oline is not run blocking well at all. But at this point, apart from Lynch, Bell and Murray, virtually no RB is performing at an expected level. He doesn't carry much trade value yet either. He's a hopeful hold in redraft, not much more.

<_<

The only certainty as regards Lacy is that the same handful of posters will come in this thread and triumphantly post about how he's useless, without offering any real analysis or useful contribution. The "I will be right and gleefully brag about it, then disappear if i'm not" mentality.

To be balanced, I wasn't exactly encouraged this week either, he didn't look especially elusive or shifty and GB's usage of him wasn't very encouraging. That plus their oline is not run blocking well at all. But at this point, apart from Lynch, Bell and Murray, virtually no RB is performing at an expected level. He doesn't carry much trade value yet either. He's a hopeful hold in redraft, not much more.
I have been a Lacy supporter, said multiple times in this thread that he was my #4 RB (anyone who says they had him ranked anywhere around his current production I will call a liar to their face), but what more do they need to offer other than his production through 25% of the season? He will have to be monstrous the rest of the way to come anywhere near his draft value by the end of the year.

Chaka said:
<_<

I have been a Lacy supporter, said multiple times in this thread that he was my #4 RB (anyone who says they had him ranked anywhere around his current production I will call a liar to their face), but what more do they need to offer other than his production through 25% of the season? He will have to be monstrous the rest of the way to come anywhere near his draft value by the end of the year.
Agree completely. I just think you also have to say the same about 95% of the RB's drafted as well though, not just Lacy. Off the top of my head, only Lynch, Murray, Bell and Bernard have been worth their draft spot so far. Maybe you'd add Morris and Jennings to that list. Plenty of RB's bust each year but the apparent bust rate this year is virtually unprecedented.

*edit to add Charles to the small list of RB's who may actually justify their draft spot

funny thing thought, when you consider ALL the RB busts this year, a guy like Lacy or McCoy or one of these others could STILL be a top 5-10 RB because only 3 or 4 guys have produced. The rest are all stuck in the mud.

Somebody's going to be #5. Might be 150 points off of #4's pace but they WILL be #5.

funny thing thought, when you consider ALL the RB busts this year, a guy like Lacy or McCoy or one of these others could STILL be a top 5-10 RB because only 3 or 4 guys have produced. The rest are all stuck in the mud.

Somebody's going to be #5. Might be 150 points off of #4's pace but they WILL be #5.
Right? Who other than DeMarco Murray and Jamaal Charles has been playing lights out? Rashad Jennings?

That's why because Rodgers wasn't there they were forced to line up in I formation and pound the rock. They don't do that anymore and lacy is not a good enough talent to keep taking those 5 yard deep handoffs and make anything out of them. He had his greatest games without Rodgers playing. Also doesn't really help his tds that when they do line up in I formation in the redzone it almost always a hand off to kuhn

But, Starks was a non-factor and the Packers will continue to put up points. I'll stay put with Lacy, not like I can get much for him in a trade.
McCarthy said Starks should touch the ball every game, and he didn't this past game, and they won't let that happen again.

drfeelgood said:
But, Starks was a non-factor and the Packers will continue to put up points. I'll stay put with Lacy, not like I can get much for him in a trade.
McCarthy said Starks should touch the ball every game, and he didn't this past game, and they won't let that happen again.
Smart move. Starks can give lacy a rest, but I still see Starks performing better in a limited number of snaps

LOL! :lmao:

Who are you? Kool-Aid posts some thought out, detailed stuff. You can agree or disagree. But at least he offers details on how he comes to his conclusions. Which I happen to find insightful at times.

Courtweeks87 said:
That's why because Rodgers wasn't there they were forced to line up in I formation and pound the rock. They don't do that anymore and lacy is not a good enough talent to keep taking those 5 yard deep handoffs and make anything out of them. He had his greatest games without Rodgers playing. Also doesn't really help his tds that when they do line up in I formation in the redzone it almost always a hand off to kuhn
All 2 carries he has this year?

Or how about the 10 he had all of last year?

Or the 1 1st and goal carry he had last year (I think his only GL carry last year)?

LOL! :lmao: Who are you? Kool-Aid posts some thought out, detailed stuff. You can agree or disagree. But at least he offers details on how he comes to his conclusions. Which I happen to find insightful at times.
All Larry brings to the table is counting snaps of defensive players... A monkey could do that.

I think facing Green Bay is why these three defenses look so good.
Well the Jets were #3, the Lions #6 and Seattle #8 against the run in 2013 as well.
what were the bears in 2013?
They changed. The leading rusher against the Bears in 2014 in 4 games is 63 yards. 15 RBs had more than 63 yards against the Bears last year, including 11 over 100 and 1 over 200. I am not saying the Bears are great against the run, but they aren't as bad as they were last year.

I think facing Green Bay is why these three defenses look so good.
Well the Jets were #3, the Lions #6 and Seattle #8 against the run in 2013 as well.
what were the bears in 2013?
They changed. The leading rusher against the Bears in 2014 in 4 games is 63 yards. 15 RBs had more than 63 yards against the Bears last year, including 11 over 100 and 1 over 200. I am not saying the Bears are great against the run, but they aren't as bad as they were last year.
well, that's a bit of a weasel way to frame it -- are you that desperate to score some kind of point?

frank gore had that 63 yards, but was only given 13 carries in the game to do so, for a 4.8 ypc

the previous week saw a buffalo committee of 3 backs run for 174 yards on 27 carries --- freddy j fell just short of your 63 yard marker, picking up only 61 yards on 7 carries.

week 3 was again a committee, with chris johnson and ivory each getting 10 carries --- jets picked up a total 91 yards.

the other game was lacy.

Users who are viewing this thread