What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone not like Eddie Lacy? (1 Viewer)

Haven't watched much of the game-saw the safety and that was certainly not his fault. Has been getting any room to run or is he getting hit behind the line? Wasn't expecting much from this game

He's killing me in fantasy. Let's hope the first few games are just an anomaly and GB works out it's offensive line issues.

unckeyherb said:
Haven't watched much of the game-saw the safety and that was certainly not his fault. Has been getting any room to run or is he getting hit behind the line? Wasn't expecting much from this game
Yeah, he had no chance getting out of the endzone since the TE got destroyed by the DE and pushed in his running lane.

At least he's looking better than Harris...

Lacy is a stud, the haters in here need to just deal with it.

As far as Xue, I have never seen a person on this site I disagree with more on every topic he posts. He has an agenda with his posts.
My agenda is to keep others open-minded and not ignorant. Just because I don't like a player means I won't ever own them. Just because I like a player, doesn't mean I think "he's a stud".
Is Lacy still a stud? LOL. Still disagree with me on Lacy?But but he has Rodgers and that should open up running room. What's Lacy's Career YPC with Rodgers playing?

Last edited by a moderator:

As far as Xue, I have never seen a person on this site I disagree with more on every topic he posts. He has an agenda with his posts.
My agenda is to keep others open-minded and not ignorant. Just because I don't like a player means I won't ever own them. Just because I like a player, doesn't mean I think "he's a stud".
Is Lacy still a stud? LOL. Still disagree with me on Lacy?But but he has Rodgers and that should open up running room. What's Lacy's Career YPC with Rodgers playing?
What's any rb's ypc when playing against the Seahawks, jets, and lions?

What's any rb's ypc when playing against the Seahawks, jets, and lions?
R Jennings averaged 2.9/ypc and J Stewart averaged 2.5. Lacy had 3.3. The Lions have a legit run defense. It's really hard to call him a bust thus far going against 3 possible top 5 run defenses. Next week should tell the true story...bust or unlucky opening schedule

Other guys ranked around Lacy outside of the big 3: Forte, Lynch, Murray, Foster, Bell, Ball, Dougie, Gio.

Lacy's receptions should go up; his carries should go up (thinking 300+); with defenses fearing Rodgers arm and opening bigger lanes, his ypc should go up; with a better, more productive offense, his TD's could go up (12-15 total seems realistic).

Point is, I could definitely see situations where Lacy is #1 Fantasy RB by the end of the year. I can't say that about any of the guys listed above.
Actually, i think the point is i could pencil any of those other guys in for #1 numbers and they'd finish #1.
So you are saying that you could see any one of Lynch, Murray, Foster, Bell, Ball, Martin or Gio finishing as the RB1 this year? And more so than Lacy?

Also, all you can do is pencil numbers in. 300 carries is not really an increase from last year (averaged 20 per game over 14 games last year, which would put him into 320+ territory), nor is 12+ TDs-he had 11 last year. Do you disagree that having a healthy Rodgers, Cobb, Nelson should push the defenses back a little, giving him more running room? Do you disagree that these pieces that were missing for most of last year will have a positive impact on the offense and should put Lacy in more chances to score?
I agree that Mike McCarthy has a 14 year history of throwing the ball near the goal line and has had only one running back crack more than 11 total TDs in a single season during that time, Deuce McCallister with 16 TDs in 2002. Deuce is also the only back to crack 2,000 total yards in a McCarthy offense (2003).

I think Eddie can achieve maybe 1,800 yards and maybe 15 TDs because of the reasons you state, but he is working against a lot of history on all fronts. And FTR I have him as RB#4 on my board, a lot of that also to do with the fact that I think he has a higher floor than many RBs.
Yes, if he stays healthy, his floor is high. He can't hardly avoid a 100/10 season if he tried.

IMO, there's a lot oversaid and thought about how McCarthy throws and hasn't run a lot in GB,etc. My opinion is the way you get to have a long coaching career in the NFL is by recognizing AND using your strengths. In Green Bay, it has been the passing, combined with a very pedestrian running game. When he DID have a great runner, he used him. Simple as that. We all know he's too smart to not restrain Rodgers. But he is smart enough to know he can lean on a good, capable runner and maybe preserve his star QB (throwing at the goal line can take a toll on a QB, especially if they bootleg to buy time).

Much like how things set up for a perfect storm for Charles and Shady last year, it looks like this for Lacy. How on Earth do you even begin to put adequate defenders in the box with Aaron Rodgers, Randall Cobb, Jordy Nelson, and a host of other capable players? IF (I know it might not happen) Finley returns, wow...You can't possibly defend the interior middle of that field and you're going to have a stampeding bull coming right down at you.
:coffee:

Anybody even the slightest bit concerned with this guy and the hype he's getting? I'm eerily reminded of the T-Rich hype (not just on FBG but everywhere) last year that I unfortunately bought into, even though I knew his YPC was well under 4.0. I ignored that and saw the 12 td's, the hype and figured he was worth a top 6 pick, my bad. Not comparing the 2 players directly, just a few parallels to think about - second year backs, YPC on the low side, hype beginning to spiral as the season draws close.

I figure after AP, McCoy, Charles, Forte and Calvin, he probably should be in the next group's conversation, just torn on where. I get the respective offenses and schedules cannot easily be compared (Cleveland and Seattle last year v GB this year) but anyone have any major concerns with Lacy as opposed to the more proven dude(s) being drafted in similar range? I mean as a counter-argument, do Lynch's issues (holdout, mileage, age) make Lacy a better pick?

Not wanting to turn this into a Lacy v Lynch debate but their ADP's are, or should be, fairly close.
Should have listened to myself :shrug:

I want to disclose that I actually like Lacy and I think he's a prime buy low candidate. However, in saying that, I also have to say that I think the fantasy community definitely crowned and overhyped Lacy a little too hard. Last season (the season which the fantasy community used to determine that this guy is a legit elite RB) he only averaged 4.1 yards per carry. So far this season (against three elite defensive teams against the run)--he's averaging 3.1 yards per carry. Being that he's only run 36 times this season and is only averaging 1 fewer yard per carry than his "elite" average--I think it's hard to blame his poor season on his competition so far. For him to match his averages ypc of last year--all he would have to have done is merely run for 36 more total yards in the first three games (12 more yards per game)---which would still have resulted in fairly anemic results. The guy has the talent to put up great numbers--but he is rather volume and td dependent. His volume might be limited by the fact that he has a pretty bad concussion history and his td dependency can be limited by guys like kuhn, rodgers and even starks acting as vultures. Again--with that being said-I still very much like him--but as an RB2 more than an RB1.

If this guy doesn't get into the end zone next week he's done.

I want to disclose that I actually like Lacy and I think he's a prime buy low candidate. However, in saying that, I also have to say that I think the fantasy community definitely crowned and overhyped Lacy a little too hard. Last season (the season which the fantasy community used to determine that this guy is a legit elite RB) he only averaged 4.1 yards per carry. So far this season (against three elite defensive teams against the run)--he's averaging 3.1 yards per carry. Being that he's only run 36 times this season and is only averaging 1 fewer yard per carry than his "elite" average--I think it's hard to blame his poor season on his competition so far. For him to match his averages ypc of last year--all he would have to have done is merely run for 36 more total yards in the first three games (12 more yards per game)---which would still have resulted in fairly anemic results. The guy has the talent to put up great numbers--but he is rather volume and td dependent. His volume might be limited by the fact that he has a pretty bad concussion history and his td dependency can be limited by guys like kuhn, rodgers and even starks acting as vultures. Again--with that being said-I still very much like him--but as an RB2 more than an RB1.
Let's not forget what he did last year but that was obviously as a result if losing Rodgers and the change of offensive philosophy.

Even Rodgers struggled. Obviously it's not just Lacy that's having a rough start in Green Bay.
This. Lacey is a buy low.
With as much time as he has split so far

Game 1 - 12 to Starks 7

Game 2 - 13 carries to Zero for Starks

Game 3 - 11 Carries to Starks 8

is he a good buy low? Obviously this is a simplistic way to look at it, but is Game 1 and Game 3 the norm or is Game 2 what we should expect? And when we are talking buy low, obviously if the price is low enough he is worth it but what sort of value are you putting on him now and how low would someone sell him for (I am guessing not as low as I would buy at this point). Honest question, very curious when it comes to Lacy. People seem to have markedly different ideas of where he is at right now.

If Dancing Eddie would be running like he did last year, he'd be fine. Since his concussion, he's been dancing WAY too much and it cost them today. Cost them a Safety and it cost them on a 3rd and 1 in the 4th Qrtr.

He's just running way too timid now, and they need to bench him until he can run North and South with the steamrolling attitude again.

LMAO at all the people ready to jump ship. I swear it has become more about being right every week than actually waiting for a sample size large enough to substantiate any claims. The Chicken Little Sky is Falling types are plaguing these forums and I fell victim for it with Trent Richardson. Never again. In order to run a successful team these days, here is what I suggest. Stream your entire roster for the flavor of the week. This way, you can be right all the time. Unless of course, you are not. Last week you were an idiot for going anywhere near Rashad Jennings. Now you are a genius. Next week, you will be a fool. Rodgers is a bust as well. Monte Ball is a loser and Jamal Charles has bust written all over him. When the hell does it end? Ahmad Bradshaw is league MVP.

If Dancing Eddie would be running like he did last year, he'd be fine. Since his concussion, he's been dancing WAY too much and it cost them today. Cost them a Safety and it cost them on a 3rd and 1 in the 4th Qrtr.

He's just running way too timid now, and they need to bench him until he can run North and South with the steamrolling attitude again.
No way I'd put that safety on him. Jim Brown wouldn't have made it out of the end zone with a LB hitting him 5 yards deep

Not much you can do except ride him out or trade him for a bag of peanuts. I opt for the former.

Not much you can do except ride him out and trade him for a bag of peanuts. I opt for the former.
I'd be extremely worried if he doesn't turn it on against the Bears.

Sell him low for another buy low? It might turn out to be trading him high...

Even Rodgers struggled. Obviously it's not just Lacy that's having a rough start in Green Bay.
With as much time as he has split so far Game 1 - 12 to Starks 7

is he a good buy low? Obviously this is a simplistic way to look at it, but is Game 1 and Game 3 the norm or is Game 2 what we should expect? And when we are talking buy low, obviously if the price is low enough he is worth it but what sort of value are you putting on him now and how low would someone sell him for (I am guessing not as low as I would buy at this point). Honest question, very curious when it comes to Lacy. People seem to have markedly different ideas of where he is at right now.
He was obviously in the doghouse today due to the fumble. But the Packers should be able to beat down on some weaker matchups.

He was obviously in the doghouse today due to the fumble. But the Packers should be able to beat down on some weaker matchups.
That's the problem with Lacy. If Green Bay is winning against weaker opponents that Lacy would normally be able to feast on--I don't see them risking another concussion with him. The biggest beneficiaries of easier competition that Green Bay can pound could very well likely be guys like Starks and Kuhn. The best hope for Lacy would be for him to be a big part of the offense early in games against weaker competition, or for the the games against the weaker competition to be relatively close so that he can produce throughout the entirety of a game. He's a very difficult player to value because there are many moving parts when it comes to his potential.

That's the problem with Lacy. If Green Bay is winning against weaker opponents that Lacy would normally be able to feast on--I don't see them risking another concussion with him. The biggest beneficiaries of easier competition that Green Bay can pound could very well likely be guys like Starks and Kuhn. The best hope for Lacy would be for him to be a big part of the offense early in games against weaker competition, or for the the games against the weaker competition to be relatively close so that he can produce throughout the entirety of a game. He's a very difficult player to value because there are many moving parts when it comes to his potential.
Valid enough point. I can't dispute it.

LMAO at all the people ready to jump ship. I swear it has become more about being right every week than actually waiting for a sample size large enough to substantiate any claims. The Chicken Little Sky is Falling types are plaguing these forums and I fell victim for it with Trent Richardson. Never again. In order to run a successful team these days, here is what I suggest. Stream your entire roster for the flavor of the week. This way, you can be right all the time. Unless of course, you are not. Last week you were an idiot for going anywhere near Rashad Jennings. Now you are a genius. Next week, you will be a fool. Rodgers is a bust as well. Monte Ball is a loser and Jamal Charles has bust written all over him. When the hell does it end? Ahmad Bradshaw is league MVP.
The sample size is now 3 for 3, about 25% of a FF regular season.

A lot of things have begun to sour ff these days and easily one of the biggest is this trend of so many people treating traditional leagues like they are Fanduel dailies and everything is chaos, fail, and ruin if the players don't dominate each and every week.

Every player is a beast or a bust these days with no in between and every conversation ends up being a defense or a persecution, depending on which side you stand on.

But in the end, it is and will be just as it is every year in the end: teams will develop and come into their own as the season goes by and we will look back and see that the players that help win leagues might...just might...be some of the same ones that didn't come out of the gates scoring two tds every week the first month.

And just how large of a sample size should we wait for in a 13 game regular fantasy season? 3 games down, add in the bye,... ~1/3 or 30% of the season is already gone. I get what your saying but, well, he's just not the player many people thought. Sell now if u can IMO.

And just how large of a sample size should we wait for in a 13 game regular fantasy season? 3 games down, add in the bye,... ~1/3 or 30% of the season is already gone. I get what your saying but, well, he's just not the player many people thought. Sell now if u can IMO.
along with jamaal charles and shady mccoy as well and demarius thomas. they have all been disappointments. (tongue in cheek)

@IanKenyonNFL

Eddie Lacy has 9 more rushing yards this season than Cordarrelle Patterson. Lacy has 36 carries. Patterson has 3.

With as much time as he has split so far

Game 1 - 12 to Starks 7

Starks with the 8 for 38 looked better too, frankly. And none of it was "garbage yards" on 3rd and long. Of his 8 carries, only one was on 3rd down... and that was 3rd & 1. Add in Lacy's fumble (his fault), and getting tackled for the safety (not his fault) and you could argue that Starks deserves a bigger share of the load.

Raider Nation said:
@IanKenyonNFL

Eddie Lacy has 9 more rushing yards this season than Cordarrelle Patterson. Lacy has 36 carries. Patterson has 3.
Mohammed Sanu has more passing TD's than Teddy Bridgewater. Bridgewater has 12 attempts, Sanu has 1. Relevance? 0

Eminence said:
MDSkinner said:
Eminence said:

And in game 1 he was concussed.

I still believe in Lacy and expect him to be fine. Starks will still spell him some but Lacy is a FF RB1.

Get him on the cheap from worried owners. After a big game this week his value will be back on the rise. The Packers as a whole have not been very good to start the year. That is Rodgers included. They have played arguably 3 of the best top 10 defences in the NFL. That is not a good way to get the offense going.

Rodgers has failed to pass for more than 190 yards in 2 of the 3 games they have played this year. The Packers as a unit will be better going forward and Lacy will be just fine.

Get him on the cheap from worried owners. After a big game this week his value will be back on the rise. The Packers as a whole have not been very good to start the year. That is Rodgers included. They have played arguably 3 of the best top 10 defences in the NFL. That is not a good way to get the offense going.

Rodgers has failed to pass for more than 190 yards in 2 of the 3 games they have played this year. The Packers as a unit will be better going forward and Lacy will be just fine.
This is my general thought. I look past just Lacy and look at the team and the Packers as a whole are just off right now.

When I think about it, I can't imagine they will sleepwalk the entire season and end up with a 5-11 pace they are on. My gut says they will right the ship and the talent they have there on offense is worth betting on.

Kool-aid Larry....

Where do you have Lacy ranked and what are your projections for him?
ok, I doubt anybody is checking this thread for kool-aid larry's draft breakdown, but I'll work off ffcalc for some thumbnail opinion.

first of all, I mostly look in these threads for opinion from others, but I did have a bit of an opinion of my own going in this time, as I had spent a fair amount of effort looking at green bay a couple years ago for some similar thread about starks, grant, or wtfever it was --- the conclusion I came up with is green bay is constantly throwing in the endzone, and even when they don't you get vultured by rodgers and kuhn, so the gb rb didn't really appeal to me, and I have yet to see much, if anything, contrary to that.

not only wasn't lacy's production boosted by rodgers, as people like to insist based on their imaginations, it might have actually been hurt by all these great surrounding players on this historic offense crowding out his td opps.

I'd prefer to look at it drive by drive, but I'm not doing that again.

anyway, here are the (ppr) picks off the top of my head, as my draft is a couple weeks away and I'm still in process:

one thing I notice in this thread is a lot of true believers seem to hang their hats on volume, and I don't generally try to predict injuries, so ppg is more what i tend to look at.

LeSean McCoy

Jamaal Charles

Matt Forte

Adrian Peterson

nobody's a lock for anything, but I really don't see any reason lacy pushes past those ^^ guys.

here's more of the list in ffcalc order

Calvin Johnson

Demaryius Thomas

Jimmy Graham

Dez Bryant

DeMarco Murray

Brandon Marshall

Peyton Manning

Julio Jones

Montee Ball

Jordy Nelson

Arian Foster

Rob Gronkowski

those ^^ are probably all guys I would prefer to lacy, some of which I obviously don't need to take at 1.05, or whatever, but I just put them in there, anyway.

Eddie Lacy

A.J. Green

Marshawn Lynch

LeVeon Bell

Drew Brees

Aaron Rodgers

Antonio Brown

these guys ^^ are players of comparable value that I probably won't end up with, and probably don't have to make the decision on at 1.05

I don't think lacy is elite, and I think there are later round rb who have potential to give me comparable production, whereas it would be tougher to get comparable late round production on the elite te or wr.

lynch, bush, bell, foster, and even vereen, I think, were all comparable ppg values in my league last year, and I actually think chris johnson can close in on that with expected ppr points.

I'd take lacy somewhere in the second, but i doubt i'll have that decision to make
:popcorn:

I have high hopes for this thread this year
so far, I think most of those guys are pretty solid over lacy

Kool-aid Larry....

Where do you have Lacy ranked and what are your projections for him?
ok, I doubt anybody is checking this thread for kool-aid larry's draft breakdown, but I'll work off ffcalc for some thumbnail opinion.

first of all, I mostly look in these threads for opinion from others, but I did have a bit of an opinion of my own going in this time, as I had spent a fair amount of effort looking at green bay a couple years ago for some similar thread about starks, grant, or wtfever it was --- the conclusion I came up with is green bay is constantly throwing in the endzone, and even when they don't you get vultured by rodgers and kuhn, so the gb rb didn't really appeal to me, and I have yet to see much, if anything, contrary to that.

not only wasn't lacy's production boosted by rodgers, as people like to insist based on their imaginations, it might have actually been hurt by all these great surrounding players on this historic offense crowding out his td opps.

I'd prefer to look at it drive by drive, but I'm not doing that again.

anyway, here are the (ppr) picks off the top of my head, as my draft is a couple weeks away and I'm still in process:

one thing I notice in this thread is a lot of true believers seem to hang their hats on volume, and I don't generally try to predict injuries, so ppg is more what i tend to look at.

LeSean McCoy

Jamaal Charles

Matt Forte

Adrian Peterson

nobody's a lock for anything, but I really don't see any reason lacy pushes past those ^^ guys.

here's more of the list in ffcalc order

Calvin Johnson

Demaryius Thomas

Jimmy Graham

Dez Bryant

DeMarco Murray

Brandon Marshall

Peyton Manning

Julio Jones

Montee Ball

Jordy Nelson

Arian Foster

Rob Gronkowski

those ^^ are probably all guys I would prefer to lacy, some of which I obviously don't need to take at 1.05, or whatever, but I just put them in there, anyway.

Eddie Lacy

A.J. Green

Marshawn Lynch

LeVeon Bell

Drew Brees

Aaron Rodgers

Antonio Brown

these guys ^^ are players of comparable value that I probably won't end up with, and probably don't have to make the decision on at 1.05

I don't think lacy is elite, and I think there are later round rb who have potential to give me comparable production, whereas it would be tougher to get comparable late round production on the elite te or wr.

lynch, bush, bell, foster, and even vereen, I think, were all comparable ppg values in my league last year, and I actually think chris johnson can close in on that with expected ppr points.

I'd take lacy somewhere in the second, but i doubt i'll have that decision to make
:popcorn:

I have high hopes for this thread this year
so far, I think most of those guys are pretty solid over lacy
Just don't compare Lacy's rushing stats to Patterson's.

Thinking about buying low; anyone have any trades involving him recently? Trying to gauge his value right now
Tried to get Lacy last week for Reggie Wayne. Didn't take it but I expected that and only wanted to plant the seed and try again this week.

I just traded Lacy and TY Hilton for Maclin and Ingram. Actually pretty comfortable with that.
wow....you will regret that. You sold low and bought high. :(
i know that's the thought by some on this board but watching him the first 3 weeks. He looks slow and plodding. He doesn't look the same from even last year. He has been sitting on my bench anyway the last 2 weeks as I have no faith in him.

I've been offered Rashad Jennings for him in non PPR redraft, and I think I'm going to take it.

I've been offered Rashad Jennings for him in non PPR redraft, and I think I'm going to take it.
definition of sell high/buy low for the other owner. But sometimes these moves dont work out like expected. As a matter of fact, ive come to realize that they dont work out less than they do work out.

Users who are viewing this thread