What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone looking to trade A. Rodgers (1 Viewer)

Routilla

Footballguy
Crazy I know, but humor me. If you could get say Brees and get a big upgrade at either RB or WR, would you consider it? This is entirely based on the premise that GB is undefeated and/or has a 3-4 game lead by W15 in which case Rodgers may not play. Flame away, I can take it.

Clarifying the upgrade part; you would be giving either a RB or WR with Rodgers to get Brees and a better RB or WR.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you could get Brees (which isn't a huge dropoff) AND a big upgrade at rb or wr, I would trade him without much thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
If they are undefeated he will keep playing. Too soon to think about this because the Lions are right on their heels. They want home field advantage throughout like everyone...especially after doing it as a wild card last year.

I'm thinking about it. I have garbage at RB and drafted Cam in round 18. 3-3 with studs at WR and the teams with DMC, Fred, McCoy, Forte and Turner are all starting guys like Hass, Schaub and Rivers.

The only thing stopping me is a decent expectation that Torain or Battle could play big and dull my glaring need. I have minor concerns about week 16 but highly doubt week 15 is an issue. Detroit certainly appears to be for real and should (hopefully) prevent the Packers from locking up the division too early.

Let's break this down.

Week 15 @ KC

If the Packers are 13-0: To have homefield throughout locked up at this point, the Lions, 49ers, and Bears would ALL have to be 9-4 or worse. I don't see that as a likely scenario.

If the Packers are 12-1: Now the Lions, 49ers, and Bears all have to be 8-5 or worse, and the Saints, Falcons, Bucs, etc all have to be 9-4 or worse. This also seems unlikely.

Week 16 vs CHI

I think McCarthy would get his street cancelled if the Packers laid down for the Bears. Especially if the Bears are in the playoff hunt.

I can see him sitting week 17 but not 15 or 16. There is always the issue of rust heading into the playoffs.

If they are undefeated he will keep playing. Too soon to think about this because the Lions are right on their heels. They want home field advantage throughout like everyone...especially after doing it as a wild card last year.
Not so certain about that. Colts didn't chase it. Patriots did. Very situational to assume either way I think.But, the trend IS (and especially in the era of key players that get concussed), to be conservative so it is a legit issue to consider because although its a long season, the Packers appear to be on a serious roll.

I will probably consider it more than the typical guy because I had two undefeated teams gets completely derailed by the Colts pulling their guys (I had Wayne/Clark in one league and Manning/Clark in the other). Believe me, that STUNG.

Let's break this down.

Week 15 @ KC

If the Packers are 13-0: To have homefield throughout locked up at this point, the Lions, 49ers, and Bears would ALL have to be 9-4 or worse. I don't see that as a likely scenario.

If the Packers are 12-1: Now the Lions, 49ers, and Bears all have to be 8-5 or worse, and the Saints, Falcons, Bucs, etc all have to be 9-4 or worse. This also seems unlikely.

Week 16 vs CHI

I think McCarthy would get his street cancelled if the Packers laid down for the Bears. Especially if the Bears are in the playoff hunt.
:goodposting:

'Reepicheep said:
Let's break this down.

Week 15 @ KC

Week 16 vs CHI

:goodposting:

/thread

'ponchsox said:
I can see him sitting week 17 but not 15 or 16. There is always the issue of rust heading into the playoffs.
Week 17 they play Detroit, I don't see him sitting even then.

It's Week 7, you still ahve to get there. In week 15 and 16..just about everyone from your league is out and you can find Qb's on the wire at that time of year if you absolutely had to, of course it depends on league size like everything else. Last year I had Freeman as a backup all year or most of it and finally in week 16, I started him and had 5 Td's against Seattle. I had Phillip Rivers and they were out of the playoffs and there was talk like he might not play the whole game etc....so I played Freeman. I would work more on looking for a potential backup with decent matchups in those weeks before I'd trade Aaron Rodgers. For the most part, Aaron Rodgers is untradeable for me. The dude is good for 300 yards and 2 Td's as a floor and if any team is good enough to make him play 4 quarters the sky is the limit.

Look for a mid level QB, like a Freeman (who's stock is low and you can get him) just in case Rodgers can't play if you're worried about it and in the mean time let Rodgers lead you to a points title and bye weeks.

'ponchsox said:
Week 17 they play Detroit, I don't see him sitting even then.
He would if they had everything clinched. Detroit knocked him out of the game last year, if there's 1 team they would sit him against if things were clinched it would be Detroit.

If I could get any upgrade at RB/WR/TE for a Rogers/Brees swap I would do it, and it would have nothing to do with the possibility of GB being undefeated or leading the division by several games.

Brees

wk 17 dome

wk 16 dome

wk 15 dome

wk 14 @TEN

wk 13 dome

Rogers

wk 17 @GB

wk 16 @GB

wk 15 @KC

wk 14 @GB

wk 13 @NYG

I'm not saying weather is going to be a huge factor in every one of those games for Rogers down the stretch but Brees plays lights out in a dome and weather will be much less concern for him DEC/JAN.

If they have home field clinched by week 16, there's a strong possibility he doesn't play the whole game. It's more likely you'd have to worry about them shutting down some position players like Jennings or Finley. I don't think the Bears being their opponent would factor into whether Rodgers plays or not. That being said, there are way too many unknowns to have it carry weight when deciding to trade him.

FWIW, I traded him Sunday morning.

I had Cam on my bench, and then got Tebow off waivers, so I turned Rodgers and Brandon Marshall into Ray Rice and Jonathan Stewart. This is in a 2RB/3WR league. The other guy had Rice, Fred Jackson, and Forte, and I would have done the trade for any of those guys. The concern over the Packers clenching early was my number 1 issue.

YMMV.

FWIW, I traded him Sunday morning.I had Cam on my bench, and then got Tebow off waivers, so I turned Rodgers and Brandon Marshall into Ray Rice and Jonathan Stewart. This is in a 2RB/3WR league. The other guy had Rice, Fred Jackson, and Forte, and I would have done the trade for any of those guys. The concern over the Packers clenching early was my number 1 issue. YMMV.
Does not seem like a team that will clench too often.BTW...there is almost zero chance Rodgers rests during most fantasy playoffs.As a Brees owner, no way I give him up and a top RB or WR to get Rodgers.

FWIW, I traded him Sunday morning.I had Cam on my bench, and then got Tebow off waivers, so I turned Rodgers and Brandon Marshall into Ray Rice and Jonathan Stewart. This is in a 2RB/3WR league. The other guy had Rice, Fred Jackson, and Forte, and I would have done the trade for any of those guys. The concern over the Packers clenching early was my number 1 issue. YMMV.
Oof.

would you move rivers and finley for rodgers and gates in a dynasty ppr league?

my roster for this one is my signature.

No chance Rodgers won't play at least a half through the season (w17) unless injured.

And lets face it - Half a game of Rodgers is about equal to a full game from any other qb......

Having said that, if I could still get a good qb and improve other depth (that I was lacking at) I would do the deal

This is really a question of getting more value than Rodgers is worth just because of his sensational start. No one in their right mind should ever trade Brees and a #1 RB or WR (or TE in a 1.5 rcpt)

Never. But if you can get it.... that is a money

I wouldn't worry about this at all right now. First of all it's too early to think GB will have that large a lead, we are only at week 7. Secondly, even if they do sit him I think the only realistic week of that happening is week 17. Even that may not happen as they play the Lions.

Users who are viewing this thread