What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone have experience with Taleo (the online recruitment thing)? (1 Viewer)

Shirtless

Footballguy
Shot in the dark here. I have a job offer on the table but have another, seemingly better, opportunity coming down the pipeline. I went through the final interview and am now waiting for a decision. The first job offer won't wait forever, so I'm in a bind.

Job B uses Taleo for recruitment. Since my interview, my application was updated twice--the day after my interview, and two weeks later. Anyone with HR/Taleo experience know what would update my application? Like if they chose someone else, would that update my profile? It's reading tea leaves, I know, but it's all I have right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you send follow up thank you emails to the people who interviewed you? If so, contact the hiring manager to see what's up.

Also, Taleo sucks, but I did use it fit c my latest direct report. It's a pain to use and you have to give reasons why you rejected someone even if you just read their resumes, which is lame. You can mark them as read and not rejected in order to avoid that. I have no idea what that looks like from the outside. Sorry.

Honestly it seems strange that you're alerted to changes in your status.

Did you send follow up thank you emails to the people who interviewed you? If so, contact the hiring manager to see what's up.

Also, Taleo sucks, but I did use it fit c my latest direct report. It's a pain to use and you have to give reasons why you rejected someone even if you just read their resumes, which is lame. You can mark them as read and not rejected in order to avoid that. I have no idea what that looks like from the outside. Sorry.

I don't have contact information for anyone who interviewed me. My only contact is an assistant from the department. I sent an email thanking her and another one after I received job offer A, kindly requesting any informal feedback they could share. No response to either email.

This is the part I'm referring to, visible by me when I log into their job portal:

Submission Status:

Completed
– Updated: 15-07-2015

That updated part is what keeps changing. But I don't know what they're doing that causes it to update.

If you haven't heard from anyone two weeks after your final interview then I would say chances are you are not getting the job. However, pick up the phone and call the hiring manager. Tell them you have a job offer with w deadline but are more interested in their position.

Just saw your post about not having contact info, does the company not have a main number?

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't have contact information for anyone who interviewed me. My only contact is an assistant from the department. I sent an email thanking her and another one after I received job offer A, kindly requesting any informal feedback they could share. No response to either email.

This is the part I'm referring to, visible by me when I log into their job portal:

Submission Status:

Completed

Updated: 15-07-2015

That updated part is what keeps changing. But I don't know what they're doing that causes it to update.
OMG it means you're getting the job!!

Who knows. You need to talk to someone.

Submission Status:

Completed

Should probably just take the first job.

Submission Status:

Completed

As others have said, Taleo is pretty crappy. I've done a SuccessFactors ATS implementation - which is similar software. From my experience, any time you open a candidate's profile it results in a save action which may reflect an updated status. It could mean nothing, or it could mean you were being moved from Application Submitted to Application Reviewed to Phone Screening to Interview Scheduled to Interviewed. It's all in how that company set up their applicant tracking workflow.

Best bet is to pick up the phone and call if you really want to know. Staring at that little date that keeps changing will drive you crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread