What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone ever get addicted to Percocet? (1 Viewer)

I have a cousin that was dating a girl for about 5 years. She was using opiates heavily and consequently my cousin started using them as well.. Eventually when their addiction to pills got too expensive they went on to heroin, and that went on for quite some time. Eventually they both moved to methadone and they split up. From what I hear, she is back on the pills with her new boyfriend and I think my cousin is still going to the clinic..

He lost his job, his car, his home and his girlfriend.

Not a good drug to abuse. My cousin went from a very intelligent and gifted young man to a junky fairly quickly and has still not recovered.. I think he is one of those people with an addictive personalty and should stay away from any addictive stimuli, so I'm not sure if the same would hold true for everyone, but better safe then sorry. Stick to your prescribed dosage, don't tempt fate, the consequences are huge..

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a cousin that was dating a girl for about 5 years. She was using opiates heavily and consequently my cousin started using them as well.. Eventually when their addiction to pills got too expensive they went on to heroin, and that went on for quite some time. Eventually they both moved to methadone and they split up. From what I hear, she is back on the pills with her new boyfriend and I think my cousin is still going to the clinic..

He lost his job, his car, his home and his girlfriend.

Not a good drug to abuse. My cousin went from a very intelligent and gifted young man to a junky fairly quickly and has still not recovered.. I think he is one of those people with an addictive personalty and should stay away from any addictive stimuli, so I'm not sure if the same would hold true for everyone, but better safe then sorry. Stick to your prescribed dosage, don't tempt fate, the consequences are huge..
sounds like a buddy of mine...lost 3 fingers during a work related accident ...during the next 5 years he didnt work...his wife left him and he lost his house in the divorce...his 2 teenage sons want nothing to do with him. The doctors were giving him 250 10mg percs a month...he started off taking them as prescribed but by the end of the last 5 years he was taking around 8 pills at a time. He didnt even take them for his pain anymore...he just wanted to get high.It was tough watching him decline like he did...he`s a good guy. Just a sad situation that could have easily been avoided if the doctors were paying attention.

he started off taking them as prescribed but by the end of the last 5 years he was taking around 8 pills at a time.
That's what I've noticed with opiates. Very quick tolerance.

I've enjoyed opiates when prescribed to me. However 1 pill would be good, then 2, then quickly 3 to achieve the same effect. I knew I couldn't keep chasing that.

I don't really experience any high from it at all. It just numbs the pain and I guess I've been in pain with the shoulder for so long (since Nov) that I really welcome a good 3-4 hours where it doesn't hurt. But I agree, they can make you feel drowsy and sleepy.
Since surgery It's a ache issue now, pain level of 2 or 3.. If I move it wrong( still not allowed to lift anything heavier then 2 pounds until next week) the pain hits a 7 or 8, but never hits what I was feeling before surgery..
You are a FBG, so I have to wonder: How do you pee?

Users who are viewing this thread